Whites Loan Watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
sunshine whites

Re: Whites Loan Watch

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:31 am

Blunts have been refused permission to play WHite in the FA cup, leaves the door open for a return in January but I think he should have been allowed to play. If White was still here would he start at Charlton, doubt it?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:45 am

sunshine whites wrote:Blunts have been refused permission to play WHite in the FA cup, leaves the door open for a return in January but I think he should have been allowed to play. If White was still here would he start at Charlton, doubt it?

But its not about whether he'd play today its whether we might need him in January when we enter the cup.

A smart move seen as our abundance of left backs are either shit, injured, on loan, inexperienced or a combination of the four.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:21 am

Plus, if Brian wants to sell LAW in Jan, his value would be reduced by being cup tied.....

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:24 am

LSD&2Es wrote:Plus, if Brian wants to sell LAW in Jan, his value would be reduced by being cup tied.....

Yep, absolutely nothing to be gained by giving them permission, and plenty to lose.... and they are bunch of cunts.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:47 am

Mustafaster wrote: and they are bunch of cunts.

This is, of course the most valid reason of the lot.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:07 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Plus, if Brian wants to sell LAW in Jan, his value would be reduced by being cup tied.....

Value? what kind of value are we putting on White and how long is his contract?
Some how I don't see White's availability for the FA cup having much bearing on any clubs interest in White, which appear to be lower end championship or League 1, and those clubs are not really likely to progress in the FA cup?

The lad cannot even get on the bench for us, and does not seem to be the gaffers plans, he already acknowledged the same about Pugh, and the Gaffer seem open to be inviting a call from Clough to do permanent deal, let the lad get on with his career.

If he was not on loan

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:10 pm

I'm still hoping something will finally click for L.A.W. this time and that he'll come back and establish himself at Leeds. Fuck knows why...

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:25 pm

gazurtoids wrote:I'm still hoping something will finally click for L.A.W. this time and that he'll come back and establish himself at Leeds. Fuck knows why...

Its the hope that kills you.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Leni can.
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/10795161.Leeds_United_loanee_Lenighan_making_mark_at_Park_Avenue/?ref=rss

Charlie Taylor had a good game according to Fleetwood Town forums in their 2-0 cup win today

Steve "Club Legend" Morison played only the last 15 mins as Millwall lost 3-1(Snigger!).

Killock + TurnerX2 played 90 Mins in a 2-1 win for Chester against fellow stugglers Hyde

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Charlie Taylor playing left back tonight for Fleetwood against Scunny, live on sky sports 1.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Charlie Taylor playing left back tonight for Fleetwood against Scunny, live on sky sports 1.

He's just dived beautifully to earn a penalty.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Charlie Taylor playing left back tonight for Fleetwood against Scunny, live on sky sports 1.

He's just dived beautifully to earn a penalty.

Taylor given MoM, on this evidence he's worth a good look in pre season.

PETER O'POOLE

Postby PETER O'POOLE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Watching Chester vs Halifax on BT Sport HD.

Killock & one of the Turners selected for Chester while Lenighan making his debut for Neil Aspins Halifax.

Great atmosphere, will report on efforts of Leeds players.

Couldn't they be playing in Division Four?

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:26 pm

PETER O'POOLE wrote:Watching Chester vs Halifax on BT Sport HD.

Killock & one of the Turners selected for Chester while Lenighan making his debut for Neil Aspins Halifax.

Great atmosphere, will report on efforts of Leeds players.

Couldn't they be playing in Division Four?

same here.

about 3 or 4 years ago i took my lad down to TA one saturday morning to have a nose about and watch some footy. lenighan stood out for the u-16's playing up front, but he was a big athletic lad for his age back then. he was subbed from the u-16 game and introduced as a sub for the u-18's where he still looked decent as ahe had a good technique. so far tonight he's looked rubbish. he seems to be one of those players who should be good and it was partly his athleticism that gave him his advantage at a younger age, hence leeds persevering with him first as a striker then as a central defender and now as an alleged rapist cum midfielder. trouble is he seems to lack the confidence and awareness to be much good. he's regularly 10 yards from the ball and not demanding it and he's losing his runners making him commit fouls as he's behind the game.

and i've only watched 30 minutes, but there's fuck all else on and the wife and kids are out and i've stuck a couple of quid on the match meaning i'll have an eye out on the game.

killock looks like he's found his level and turner looks nowt special. it seems chester's defensive record is crap whcih says it all.

the halifax town assistant manager, lee nogan, teaches my kids PE, so if i get the chance i'll have a word with him about lenighan to see what he thinks.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 pm

and lenighan's been subbed at half time.

[to be fair it may be tactical as they're down to 10 men]
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Boring, boring game. Livened up slightly in injury time.

Had to pick which Leeds player played best (It wasn't Lenighan) but I would say Killock. Just a shame he thought could spray 80 yard passes around the field.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Proud to be Leeds wrote:Boring, boring game. Livened up slightly in injury time.

Had to pick which Leeds player played best (It wasn't Lenighan) but I would say Killock. Just a shame he thought could spray 80 yard passes around the field.

i'd say passes was a euphemism for his big directional punts.

i had a quid on a draw and a quid on halifax to win 2-1, so at least i had 67 seconds of feelings that only a £1.20 net success can give you.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu May 29, 2014 7:24 pm

The lowdown on Charlie Taylor from Fleetwood Town fans. Apparently he is slow with blistering pace, and needs to work on his positioning although he is defensively strong. :?

What everyone agrees with however is that he is great going forward and a great crosser.

http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=360139

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Hilarious, it seems Crewe Alexander are absolutely ringing their hands with despair because Nicky Ajose has failed to score for: (get this) ... 2 Games!!!! :basket:

http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/service-to-ajose-has-to-improve-2300588.aspx

Return to “The Square Ball”