The Championship

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: The Championship

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:03 pm

The midweek fixtures are going to be very interesting, WBA v Fulham either blows it wide open or takes Fulham out of the equation. A Derby win at Cardiff could put 7 teams seriously in the mix for 6th with 2 to play. Reading and QPR the only 2 teams with nothing to play for right now, possibly Forest but they still need another win to secure top 6.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:09 pm

Fk em all its just about us
its in our hands they are trying everything with the fixtures to screw us
time to to go Wales & shoot some poultry, not even game
swans are nasty birds, right colour look nice but nasty fkers give em both barrels

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:

I have my lucky shirt ready for tomorrow, wore it in the hospital when we beat Fulham after the baby arrived and for the last 2 wins. Did not have it on for Luton.. it’s fool proof I tells ya.

Similar here, home shirt for all our wins so far, didnt have it on for Luton. Cardiff had the tshirt Pontus was sulking in last season.

Only baby arriving here though is a food baby after lunch
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:58 am

Chieftain626 wrote:Easiest way to keep them in the rear view is beat a team we have the capability of beating.

This
I like it. What is it?

SmithyHK

Postby SmithyHK » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:07 am

Normally keep football related emotions under control, but have been properly jittery all day today. Come on Leeds, winning this all but puts us up. This squad and coach deserve it, as do us poor fuckers on ere
ALAW

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:12 am

There’s a lot of pushing mathematical possibilities to extremes here, but still interesting:

HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 am

That's made me do a little sex wee in my shorts.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:44 am

eric olthwaite wrote:There’s a lot of pushing mathematical possibilities to extremes here, but still interesting:

Yeah, I love his stuff in general. I don't think he adjusts for had to heads (because I asked him how he gathers that data), Reading and QPR have fuck all inventive really, Wigan and Wednesday only do because of potential deductions. The battle for 6th is ridiculous, seems no-one wants it.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:01 am

Phil LUFC wrote:The battle for 6th is ridiculous, seems no-one wants it.

I feel fairly sure, for no good reason, that one of those teams 'bubbling under' will make the top six before the season's over - presumably at the expense of Cardiff. But I don't have a clue which one it might be.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:21 am

I haven't looked at all the fixtures but Cardiff seem to have a good run in - Derby at home, Boro away and Hull at home.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:25 am

eric olthwaite wrote:

I feel fairly sure, for no good reason, that one of those teams 'bubbling under' will make the top six before the season's over - presumably at the expense of Cardiff. But I don't have a clue which one it might be.

Derby v Cardiff is crucial, if Cardiff win it'll be down to about 3 teams. If Derby win it's over to Swansea to see what they can do. Blackburn v Millwall is the end of the road for the loser. They all need wins rather than draws now. Forest are as secure for top 6 as we are for top 2 so it's really all about 6th.

It's a shame this round is midweek with a number of early kick offs, I could have enjoyed watching as many as possible but work will prevent that.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:31 am

I'm holding Preston's pint :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:17 pm

I hope millwall make it, to lose 6-0 in the final :D :cheers:
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:50 am

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 am

Tommy wrote:https://twitter.com/CWC_LDS/status/1282960035103088641?s=20

Go on, Tommy: tell us you think we're going up this time. I dare you. :mrgreen:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:58 am

Actually I posted that to emphasise how much work still needs to be done. Obviously if either Brentford or West Brom drop points it makes it easier but short of the latter's game against Fulham they both have the sort of fixtures left you'd expect them to win.

Given the unpredictable nature of the league I'm still not sure what will happen. I fully expect fatigue and injuries to play a part in the outcome of the last three matches.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:01 am

Tommy wrote:Actually I posted that to emphasise how much work still needs to be done. Obviously if either Brentford or West Brom drop points it makes it easier but short of the latter's game against Fulham they both have the sort of fixtures left you'd expect them to win.

Given the unpredictable nature of the league I'm still not sure what will happen. I fully expect fatigue and injuries to play a part in the outcome of the last three matches.

Splendid answer. :mrgreen:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:11 am

I didn't actually write it out like previous years but Swansea was the first result that didn't go as I'd anticipated since the restart. I didn't expect a win there. However, it remains the case that are remaining three fixtures are sticky -

Barnsley - Relegation threatened, Yorkshire derby, Heckingbottom factor and several ex-players.
Derby - They hate us, want to finish in the top six and have Shrek, who presumably doesn't particularly like us either.
Charlton - Ex-Leeds manager, might still need the points to avoid the drop and more significantly, some players who will want to get one over on us because of the Kiko/Leko thing.

I've been expecting something like 3-4 points from the above but given that the Swansea result genuinely surprised me, it might well be enough depending on other results.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:31 am

Tommy wrote:I didn't actually write it out like previous years but Swansea was the first result that didn't go as I'd anticipated since the restart. I didn't expect a win there.

I've been expecting something like 3-4 points from the above but given that the Swansea result genuinely surprised me, it might well be enough depending on other results.

Fucking hell, who are you and what have you done with Tommy
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:49 am

I reckon a win against Barnsley, or Brentford losing against Preston seals it, but after my optimism on Sunday I'm now starting to fret again about the possible consequences of losing on Thursday. Hopefully the players understand the hard work is left to do and will be ready for the Tykes.

Return to “The Square Ball”