The Championship

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
The Tin Man
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Re: The Championship

Postby The Tin Man » Sun May 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Vampire wrote:You’re a legend Rhys!!!!

The silver lining of having so many musical snobs on here is the fishing has never been so good!

You must have had your line in the water along with Marvin and Otis in ‘Frisco bay. Bob Dylan was there too. After they got drunk watching the boats rolling out and back in he used to wake them when the Sun came up with “Morning has Broken.”
:mrgreen:



Is Australian time a week behind UK time ?
For every step,the footprint was already there.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The Championship

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 24, 2020 4:13 pm

The Tin Man wrote:
Vampire wrote:You’re a legend Rhys!!!!

The silver lining of having so many musical snobs on here is the fishing has never been so good!

You must have had your line in the water along with Marvin and Otis in ‘Frisco bay. Bob Dylan was there too. After they got drunk watching the boats rolling out and back in he used to wake them when the Sun came up with “Morning has Broken.”
:mrgreen:



Is Australian time a week behind UK time ?


Give or take 150 years.

User avatar
Vampire
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

Re: The Championship

Postby Vampire » Mon May 25, 2020 8:00 am

dirty leeds wrote:
The Tin Man wrote:
Vampire wrote:You’re a legend Rhys!!!!

The silver lining of having so many musical snobs on here is the fishing has never been so good!

You must have had your line in the water along with Marvin and Otis in ‘Frisco bay. Bob Dylan was there too. After they got drunk watching the boats rolling out and back in he used to wake them when the Sun came up with “Morning has Broken.”
:mrgreen:



Is Australian time a week behind UK time ?


Give or take 150 years.


And whilst continuing to catch up on here I notice that poll you started went well.
:lol:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: The Championship

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 25, 2020 8:21 am

Vampire wrote:
And whilst continuing to catch up on here I notice that poll you started went well.
:lol:


It's unfair of you to compare polls with the one you set up for "Baller of the year".

That was full of humour and a dammed good read :thumbl:

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The Championship

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 25, 2020 8:24 am

Vampire wrote:And whilst continuing to catch up on here I notice that poll you started went well.
:lol:


But it did.
Or do you think a person should start a poll only in order to get a preferred outcome?
Perhaps you should read the first five words of the first post on said poll.
It was a bit of fun.
And it's finished 60-40 in favour of 'cunt'.
8)

User avatar
Vampire
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

Re: The Championship

Postby Vampire » Mon May 25, 2020 9:14 am

dirty leeds wrote:Perhaps you should read the first five words of the first post on said poll.


The first five words of your later post were more interesting:

“ Ooh, 100% Cunt so far!”

Must have been all downhill after that, mate?

:lol:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The Championship

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 25, 2020 9:54 am

Vampire wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Perhaps you should read the first five words of the first post on said poll.


The first five words of your later post were more interesting:

“ Ooh, 100% Cunt so far!”

Must have been all downhill after that, mate?

:lol:


They were posted immediately after I started it, as a joke, as you well know. :mrgreen:

Chieftain626
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:56 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: The Championship

Postby Chieftain626 » Mon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm

You think the boys will be training 7 days a week till the restart (if it happens)

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: The Championship

Postby welshwhite » Mon May 25, 2020 4:30 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:You think the boys will be training 7 days a week till the restart (if it happens)


The EFL board met last week to review the various proposals about how to conclude the season, and feedback from clubs about the EFL's recommended framework will be discussed at a further meeting on Wednesday.

The board will then develop proposals which will be sent to the clubs, before giving notice for clubs to vote on the proposed changes at an EGM.

Providing the framework is passed, each division can then hold separate votes on whether to continue playing or to curtail the 2019-20 season based on the agreed framework.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52797029


User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: The Championship

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 26, 2020 6:54 am

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The Championship

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 am

I sympathise (to some degree) but Brum had nine points deducted - am I right in thinking that's the only Championship FFP deduction to date?

Even if Derby and the Wendies had ten points deducted, Barnsley would still have a mountain to climb to survive. Smacks of desperation really.
HM Collector Of Parcels

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The Championship

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 26, 2020 8:16 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I sympathise (to some degree) but Brum had nine points deducted - am I right in thinking that's the only Championship FFP deduction to date?

Even if Derby and the Wendies had ten points deducted, Barnsley would still have a mountain to climb to survive. Smacks of desperation really.


Might be bigger points deduction? Fuck knows. Can't see them winning anything worth having, even if they do sue - they'll probably end up in the league below for next season. Like West Ham/Sheff U/Tevez situation.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: The Championship

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue May 26, 2020 8:26 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I sympathise (to some degree) but Brum had nine points deducted - am I right in thinking that's the only Championship FFP deduction to date?

Even if Derby and the Wendies had ten points deducted, Barnsley would still have a mountain to climb to survive. Smacks of desperation really.

The maximum punishment for Sheff Wed is 21 points, they're expecting more than Birmingham's 9 (though I think they've already been cleared on part of it). Fuck knows what Derby could get or Birmingham for a repeat offence but if all 3 were to lose 10 points then Barnsley would be bottom, 1 point behind Luton, 3 behind Brum, 4 from Sheff Wed, 5 from Charlton, 7 from Hull, Wigan, Boro and Derby. If games are being played they're suddenly in with half a chance, particularly with how fucked Hull have been since January.

They know they're down if games are not played, this can only be considered in context they will have a chance to save themselves.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The Championship

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 26, 2020 8:34 am

Interesting BBC thing about injuries - and I bet Bielsa is all over the Getafe approach already: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52754212

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Championship

Postby Tommy » Tue May 26, 2020 9:27 am

Had a nightmare last night that we lost our first match and drew the next one. Woke up in a panic. Cheers Leeds.

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: The Championship

Postby AndyPaul » Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am

Tommy wrote:Had a nightmare last night that we lost our first match and drew the next one. Woke up in a panic. Cheers Leeds.

How many chances did Bamford miss?

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Championship

Postby Tommy » Tue May 26, 2020 10:04 am

Details have faded, I just remember the results and looking at the league table etc.

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: The Championship

Postby rss1969 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:09 am

AndyPaul wrote:
Tommy wrote:Had a nightmare last night that we lost our first match and drew the next one. Woke up in a panic. Cheers Leeds.

How many chances did Bamford miss?


Oh no, thought this might have gone away.

Tonight's nightmare already set up.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Championship

Postby jackos » Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I sympathise (to some degree) but Brum had nine points deducted - am I right in thinking that's the only Championship FFP deduction to date?

Even if Derby and the Wendies had ten points deducted, Barnsley would still have a mountain to climb to survive. Smacks of desperation really.


Anything that fucks with Wayne Rooney's Derby County is fine by me.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: The Championship

Postby welshwhite » Tue May 26, 2020 12:16 pm

rss1969 wrote:Tonight's nightmare already set up.


Same here, my wife has had to sleep in one of our spare rooms for the last few nights.
I've been waking up in the middle of the night kicking out and screaming "Cummings you fucking tory cunt".

I just can't get over what he's done, it's affecting my every waking thought and now even fucking up my nights sleep.
The wife has tried to calm me down saying things like 'today's political news is tomorrows Fish & Chips wrapping paper'. She also told me since the beginning of politics there's a different scandal every few months and for my healths sake just chill out about it all. It's easy for her to say.

She's rang Doctor Patel and he's calling to see me later this afternoon. He said over the phone he might try me on a new drug called Anti-Politict tablets for a month and see how that goes.


Why did you do it, Dominic, why!!!!!!


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 68 guests

cron