o/t travel & tourism

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
SimonB

Re: o/t travel & tourism

Postby SimonB » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:15 am

dirty leeds wrote:
SimonB wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:There's summat very tax avoid-y about Airbnb that always puts me off.

Only used it once to stay in a flat with my brothers for a trip to Poland. It was excellent, central location, dead cheap and the owner even picked us up and took us back to the airport free

So you didn't get lost?

Indeed! It was a great trip, wonderful steaks and a thought provoking trip to Auschwitz
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:22 am

One for Musta,

What's the local talk over there about the strikes at Barcelona airport? We're due to fly out next Monday, on the day proposed for full strike action.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:32 am

Ponte wrote:One for Musta,

What's the local talk over there about the strikes at Barcelona airport? We're due to fly out next Monday, on the day proposed for full strike action.

Talks ongoing...
You'd expect them to get it sorted by next week, but everything is being fucked up by the absurd independence shenanigans, so who knows?
Tourists not the flavour of the month in BCN right now.
Best of luck.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:40 am

Mustafaster wrote:

Talks ongoing...
You'd expect them to get it sorted by next week, but everything is being fucked up by the absurd independence shenanigans, so who knows?
Best of luck.

Cheers. Absolutely cock all I can do about it so will have to wait and see.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:46 am

Ponte wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:

Talks ongoing...
Best of luck.

Cheers. Absolutely cock all I can do about it so will have to wait and see.

Indeed.
If BCN is closed they'll reroute to Girona or Reus.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Bethnell Green a good base to stay in London?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:33 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Bethnell Green a good base to stay in London?

Do you like curries and hipsters? If so, :thumbl:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:49 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Bethnell Green a good base to stay in London?

Do you like curries and hipsters? If so, :thumbl:

I like curry, mrs doesn't due to allergies. Hipsters? Twats the lot of them.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Right Londoners. I'm looking for a car park to park the car for a few days near a tube station.

Westfield statford I presume I could park there for a few days?
Any ideas? Obviously north side of London.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:45 pm

I used to park at Edgeware. Straight off the M1, go into the Sainsbury's car park and to the left is a long stay commuters car park. You have to get there early cos it fills up quick.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:31 pm

OWETB wrote:I used to park at Edgeware. Straight off the M1, go into the Sainsbury's car park and to the left is a long stay commuters car park. You have to get there early cos it fills up quick.

By the time we get down there it'll be 2-3pm

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:41 pm

You might actually be OK at that time, the only reason I used to drive down was my meetings were at 8am in the city and the first train into KX was summat like 8.40. I was then back at Edgeware for 1ish and I recall a few spaces. If I was you I probably wouldn't rely on that as there is no guarantee. Do you have to take your motor?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:54 pm

OWETB wrote:You might actually be OK at that time, the only reason I used to drive down was my meetings were at 8am in the city and the first train into KX was summat like 8.40. I was then back at Edgeware for 1ish and I recall a few spaces. If I was you I probably wouldn't rely on that as there is no guarantee. Do you have to take your motor?

Yeah, need to take the car so need somewhere to ditch it for a few days. Been trying to look near tube stations but most seem to be season tickets

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:09 pm

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:27 pm

OWETB wrote:Any good?

The parking facilities I can't comment on.

The area afaik is mixed. I've had a fair few Jewish colleague who live round there, certainly a high concentration round there which I suspect means it's reasonably safe, decent, etc.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:00 pm

the flying pig wrote:
OWETB wrote:Any good?

The parking facilities I can't comment on.

The area afaik is mixed. I've had a fair few Jewish colleague who live round there, certainly a high concentration round there which I suspect means it's reasonably safe, decent, etc.

Reported.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Aren't there scads of online parking booking services now? Driveways, station overflow, you name it?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Munson

Postby Munson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Trip to LA with work next week, couple of days only but should have a few hours to look around the day I get there.
Don't really know much about it. Only sightseeing advice I had so far was to get out and go to Vegas...

I quite fancy seeing Venice beach which looks interesting (just from movies and tv...) but it's miles away from where I'll be based near Long Beach.

Any suggestions for owt interesting to do/see gratefully received.
Ideally without getting shot.

Although my first meeting is actually in Compton...

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:00 pm

i've only been to LA once.

not sure there's much in long beach - a really big freight terminal?

classic LA tourist things aside from yer theme parks, museums, etc, er, dunno, i suppose something like a bus trip that trundles round beverley hills or whatever. venice beach, maybe, stroll round there a bit, maybe santa monica or wherever.

FER

Postby FER » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Same here. Only been once, stayed in Beverly Hills which is clean as fuck compared to everywhere else I went. Did the Walk of Fame (spent most of the time looking at the floor! Don't do this, there's naughty people there.) Venice Beach is really nice, lots of walking to be done and loads of beachfront shops / bars to nip in and out of, Santa Monica Pier (end of Route 66 n' all that). Did Sunset Strip at night (the Rainbow is fucking awesome!), and a taxi from Beverly Hills to The Strip was $40! Walked back (committing a couple of misdemeanors along the way) and the taxi is worth it!
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Return to “The Square Ball”