Beers, Wines, Spirits and Food...(Now with added elbow pads)

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Beers, Wines, Spirits and Food...(Now with added elbow pads)

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Quiffy wrote:i've been a bit sneery about ipa this last couple of years because i don't have a flat hat, or talk too loud in pubs, but was given some last week free and it really tasted of pub, even more than the tetley smoothflow which was my original desperate attempt to get the taste of pub.

just going to order a flat hat, practice talking loud and paying too much for my beer now.

Good lad. Not so sure about Tetley Smoothflow, though. No, in fact, I AM sure: it's creamy piss.
I'm the same about IPAs as you. Down here in London it's all about beards and unfeasibly tight trousers when it comes to IPA.
Been hitting the Leffe and occasional Adnams Broadside [for contrast] during these harrowing times.
Run out of Single Malt last night, though.
This damn plague. Will it never end?

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:52 pm

Got a cash and carry card coming tomorrow - so I am going to get enough ale to last a few months and then I won't need to leave the house for anything as I am fully stocked up on everything else.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:46 pm

Got TimTaylors Boltmaker in Asda today 4 for £6, winner
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Saltaire brewery are delivering bottles of their lovely beer free over £20 order anywhere in west yorks. Love a nice blonde myself.

They're even doing kegs if you fancy that sort of business.
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:02 pm

Leeds0269 wrote:Saltaire brewery are delivering bottles of their lovely beer free over £20 order anywhere in west yorks. Love a nice blonde myself.

must admit my monthly paycheck is not leaving my bank account as rapidly as normal and i'm looking for things to spend it on and just saw these... does anyone have one? i'm tempted.
https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb/p/beertaps/the-sub-compact-grey
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:04 pm

Leeds0269 wrote:Saltaire brewery are delivering bottles of their lovely beer free over £20 order anywhere in west yorks. Love a nice blonde myself.

This is the answer round my way and I'd imagine over the nation; find a brewery near you that you like, order delivery. Even Fuller's emailing me to tell me they deliver (not to me, That London).

Support your local brewery/garden/food delivery etc.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Beers, Wines, Spirits and Food...(Now with added elbow pads)

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Gutted that Saltaire are only delivering in West Yorks not nationally as I’m a big fan of several of their beers but particularly Cascade.

Got a nice delivery from Little Valley in Hebden Bridge instead - they do some really smashing beers, especially Tod’s Blonde.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:

Gutted that Saltaire are only delivering in West Yorks not nationally as I’m a big fan of several of their beers but particularly Cascade.

Got a nice delivery from Little Valley in Hebden Bridge instead - they do some really smashing beers, especially Tod’s Blonde.

My Mrs IS a Tod blond. Little Valley do some good stuff, theres one in Tod called Eagles Crag, good as well. Not sure if they are delivering but i'll find out.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Quiffy wrote:

must admit my monthly paycheck is not leaving my bank account as rapidly as normal and i'm looking for things to spend it on and just saw these... does anyone have one? i'm tempted.

Mate of mine has a beer hawk, same thing, loves it.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:06 pm

Christ, not cheap that beer hawk is it? 6L for almost forty nicker... The 5L ale kegs are costing me a little more than half that.

Edit: mostly 30 and up but still...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Christ, not cheap that beer hawk is it? 6L for almost forty nicker... The 5L ale kegs are costing me a little more than half that.

Edit: mostly 30 and up but still...

them pod things do 2l for around £9 working out around £2.55 a pint.

£30 for 5l works out at £3.41 a pint.

you are leading me astray with these numbers. :wink:

edit. briefly forgot where i'm from. i can buy a pint can of stella for half of that.

second edit. delivery costs. just looked into this, they're almost the same as the beer, making it around £5 a pint. fuck that.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm

I was going to post something here for J's amusement but it's gross... The effects of rotten herring

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Mrs O made a leftovers minestrone yesterday and included orzo as the pasta, unfortunately going slightly overboard on the quantity. It's been christened orzotto; works pretty well, to be fair.
HM Collector Of Parcels

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri May 01, 2020 3:41 pm

We've been using Orzo recently, Mrs likes a risotto me not so much but find it better using Orzo

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat May 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Quiffy wrote:

Got one for Devi Jnr as a going to uni gift.

He tells me its excellent (though he's yet to offer me a pint from it).
I like it. What is it?

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat May 02, 2020 1:31 pm

Hey DL - I know you’re a Rioja fan (as I am I) - so just letting you know Laithwaite’s are doing a case of gran reserva for $25 a bottle (probably about £13 in the UK). Already sold out here within 24 hours but if they’ve got any in the UK great opportunity for you.

offer
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat May 02, 2020 1:36 pm

Vampire wrote:Hey DL - I know you’re a Rioja fan (as I am I) - so just letting you know Laithwaite’s are doing a case of gran reserva for $25 a bottle (probably about £13 in the UK). Already sold out here within 24 hours but if they’ve got any in the UK great opportunity for you.

offer

Just seen this. Cheers. Mrs DL just bought us a case of Italian stuff, so that'll have to do for a bit. Drinking too much as it is.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat May 02, 2020 1:36 pm

Devi wrote:
Quiffy wrote:

Got one for Devi Jnr as a going to uni gift.

He tells me its excellent (though he's yet to offer me a pint from it).

Shit now I’m really tempted to get me one of those
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:

Here's their delivery map. Goes reasonably far I reckon. Agree on Cascade, it's a lovely beer but I've been enjoying 'South Island' recently, a NZ pale ale.

Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 03, 2020 10:01 am

HM Collector Of Parcels

Return to “The Square Ball”