Beers, Wines, Spirits and Food...(Now with added elbow pads)

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Beers, Wines, Spirits and Food...(Now with added elbow pads)

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Carling should be served frozen, and pushed out to sea.

Yeah I'm looking at you, mate...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:50 pm

i went for one of those whisky tasting groupon things in york about 3 years ago. the bloke who did it was a tit and we didn't get enough to drink, but the one stand out whisky was finlaggan. we bought a bottle and it's been cherished ever since. today i found myself in the unusual environs of marks and spencer's food court (i'm more of a lidl man) and saw they were selling it for £32. it's an islay that's not harsh and nicely peaty. well worth buying as a christmas present.

...and mason's have a stall at the york xmas market selling their orginal and best gin for £35.

i'll accept any returns based on these recommendations.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:16 pm

Quiffy wrote:i went for one of those whisky tasting groupon things in york about 3 years ago. the bloke who did it was a tit and we didn't get enough to drink, but the one stand out whisky was finlaggan. we bought a bottle and it's been cherished ever since. today i found myself in the unusual environs of marks and spencer's food court (i'm more of a lidl man) and saw they were selling it for £32. it's an islay that's not harsh and nicely peaty. well worth buying as a christmas present.

...and mason's have a stall at the york xmas market selling their orginal and best gin for £35.

Lost me at that point. Delicate and floral man meself... as you can probably tell. :wink:

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:i went for one of those whisky tasting groupon things in york about 3 years ago. the bloke who did it was a tit and we didn't get enough to drink, but the one stand out whisky was finlaggan. we bought a bottle and it's been cherished ever since. today i found myself in the unusual environs of marks and spencer's food court (i'm more of a lidl man) and saw they were selling it for £32. it's an islay that's not harsh and nicely peaty. well worth buying as a christmas present.

Lost me at that point. Delicate and floral man meself... as you can probably tell. :wink:

apart from my image of you now as a man in a paisley shirt which drink would you recommend? it's nearly christmas and i don't intend to waste too much time entirely sober.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:33 am

If you like delicate/floral, Glenmorangie is always reliable and it's often on offer at Sainsbury's. Got the litre for £30 a month or so ago. The standard 70cl is now £26. There are lots of other obscure things to try - have a look at master of malt: https://www.masterofmalt.com/?gclid=Cj0 ... lsrc=aw.ds
On elf their sampler cases is always good fun - as a present at Christmas, especially.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:53 am

Lidl round our way do a very acceptable single malt for €15, tastes like summat twice the price. Next time you're in check it out
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:48 am

Mustafaster wrote:Lidl round our way do a very acceptable single malt for €15, tastes like summat twice the price. Next time you're in check it out

was umming and arring about doing the weekly shop at tesco or lidl in an hour or so, decision now made. ta.
dirty leeds wrote:If you like delicate/floral, Glenmorangie is always reliable and it's often on offer at Sainsbury's. Got the litre for £30 a month or so ago. The standard 70cl is now £26. There are lots of other obscure things to try - have a look at master of malt: https://www.masterofmalt.com/?gclid=Cj0 ... lsrc=aw.ds
On elf their sampler cases is always good fun - as a present at Christmas, especially.

not so fussed about glenmorangie, for something softer i like lowlands. did bladnoch distillery once, that was good stuff.
scotch whisky advent calendar :cheers:
£150 :(

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Yorkshire pudding eating competition...

It’s in LANCASHIRE FFS!

I like it. What is it?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:38 am

This being the time of year it is, I’m pretty much done in with dos involving shit beer, shit wine and shit finger food in rooms above shit pubs.

Last night I experienced the worst snack food I’ve ever encountered. Picked up an innocent looking breaded lump assuming it was fried chicken and it was a fucking BREADED MACARONI CHEESE. What cunt ever thought that would be ok?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:16 am

Blame the septics for the Mac&"cheese" thing in all its satanic horror.

Was at a posh dinner on the last trip during which was served a side of Mac&"cheese" with lobster tail chunks in it. Septics described it as a delicacy. I had my own words.

Fuck Kraft and fuck Mac&"cheese".
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:52 pm

mason's yorkshire gin (original). i'm onto my second bottle this decemeber. it's great. no kidding. the best gin by a mile. a country mile.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:52 am

:santa:
Quiffy wrote:mason's yorkshire gin (original). i'm onto my second bottle this decemeber. it's great. no kidding. the best gin by a mile. a country mile.

Sorry mate, Monkey 47 pisses all over it.

Tried the Masons Yorkshire tea version a while back, that's just fucking wrong

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:16 am

LSD&2Es wrote::santa:
Quiffy wrote:mason's yorkshire gin (original). i'm onto my second bottle this decemeber. it's great. no kidding. the best gin by a mile. a country mile.

Sorry mate, Monkey 47 pisses all over it.

Tried the Masons Yorkshire tea version a while back, that's just fucking wrong

you are of course wrong, but i will have to get some of that monkey 47 stuff just to find out exactly how wrong you are.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:28 am

Lad helped a neighbour out last week and she gave him a bottle of monkey summat or other whiskey, nice gesture I thought. Monkey shoulder it's called.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:19 am

Up early cooking a rather lovely large piece of ham whilst the kitchen is quiet. I will enjoy some of it this evening with the potted Stilton I bought last week.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Kinell. Just taken me the best part of three hours to find a moderately decent dessert wine in South Yorkshire.

Fucking heathens

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:46 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Kinell. Just taken me the best part of three hours to find a moderately decent dessert wine in South Yorkshire.

Fucking heathens

First world problems eh?
The au pair likes black cock, can't get a decent Sauternes for love or money ...
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Thought it was kind of interesting that Tesco in Worksop has a really quite decent range of craft beer, far better than Tesco in Lewes, but not a single bottle of wine over eight quid.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:28 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Thought it was kind of interesting that Tesco in Worksop has a really quite decent range of craft beer, far better than Tesco in Lewes, but not a single bottle of wine over eight quid.

Hang on bro, one is not locating Worksop in South Yorkshire?
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:30 pm

The in-laws live near the border. I could have said ‘the general South Yorkshire / North Nottinghamshire area’ but a bit long winded y’know.

Return to “The Square Ball”