O/T: Fuck Cancer

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: O/T: Fuck Cancer

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:52 am

Yep. Nivo and Pembro have transformed the landscape in metastatic melanoma and for other types too.

More is coming.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:11 am

Be strong, Vinnie.

Fuck cancer.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:24 am

We'll never ever know (well we might given time) what cure the amazing human body would've found for itself in it's battle against cancer and all disease sent to attack it.

Stupid fckers that we are interferring.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:17 am

Decided not to pollute the 100 years thread with mixed topics...
Loved the video clips of the reunion. Good to see so many looking just the same (with grey or no hair obvs).
The shirt is very disappointing.
Saddened by the fact that Leeds have been my team for more than half of their existence, and now feeling old today.
I don't normally - tho this last 18 months dealing with cancer has certainly aged me physically. I have had all sorts of issues with this process, and while i feel the effects physically, it has made my mental outlook more upbeat, more determined to get on with my life. I am now 1 year cancer-free, and plenty of years left. :D
So can we please just get back to the prem where we belong. :thumbl:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Congrats on the anniversaries. Many more to you.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Seconded!
Andymac

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:17 pm

:salute:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Just had an update from Mum:
"Hi, just to let you know I have the result of my latest scan. There is progression of my liver mets again, so more chemotherapy. I have decided to try the oral chemo Capecitebine, hopefully it will be less debilitating than I chemo and I shouldn't lose my hair."

Fuck.

So that treatment worked until the last month or 2, now switching to Eribulin.

On the plus side, it's 5 years this month since my first post on this thread when we were given the news she was at stage 4 and terminal. That's 5 years with a generally pretty good quality of life although it has taking its toll recently. Fingers crossed the new treatment sees some improvement and continues to work as long as the previous one.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Fingers and everything else crossed for you and yours pal
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:35 pm

All the best to your mum mate.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
"Hi, just to let you know I have the result of my latest scan. There is progression of my liver mets again, so more chemotherapy. I have decided to try the oral chemo Capecitebine, hopefully it will be less debilitating than I chemo and I shouldn't lose my hair."

Fuck.

On the plus side, it's 5 years this month since my first post on this thread when we were given the news she was at stage 4 and terminal. That's 5 years with a generally pretty good quality of life although it has taking its toll recently. Fingers crossed the new treatment sees some improvement and continues to work as long as the previous one.

Wife about to lose one of her senior engineers to brain tumour.

What a shitty disease.

All the best Phil, hope it works out.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:

Fuck.

:salute:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

Fuck.

Wife about to lose one of her senior engineers to brain tumour.

What a shitty disease.

All the best Phil, hope it works out.

Cheers.

Unfortunately there's no way it can "work out" in the long run but the last 5 years have to be taken as a bonus, we're beyond expectations. To tell you the truth I've not really had any reason to process it as such, outwardly we see what Mum wants us to see although she's been more negative about things in the last 2-3 months so starting to worry that we will soon have to confront it. I know we've been lucky.

There's a level of survivors guilt here on my part (by proxy). A good work friend lost her Dad early this year and he'd only been diagnosed this time last year. On top of that, Dad lost his best friend of 40+ years last month after a similarly quick deterioration - in that case we're talking good family friends who rallied round and supported my parents when Mum was diagnosed and now she's still here and he's not - when I last saw him 6 months ago I'd have said he was in the best health of a group of 8 who've known each other since their uni days. I have no clue if Mum sees it from that angle at all but I didn't know what to say to his daughters at the funeral, both about my age, I'd not seen either for about 20 years.

Life is just shit sometimes. All the best to your wife, fucking horrible disease.

Return to “The Square Ball”