moscowhite

Re: O/T: Fuck Cancer

Postby moscowhite » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:41 am

Bit of TSB relevant news here

'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:35 pm

One of my lad’s ex dance teachers died yesterday. She was late 30s, I think. You’ll have seen on tv at some point, even though you wouldn’t know her. Thing is, she was the most fiercely athletic woman I’ve ever met in my life; an absolute machine.

I think the thing that’s particularly difficult about cancer is the way that there are people who have obviously increased risk: smokers; drinkers; particular industries etc; but then it just takes people who are, apparently, the image of perfect health. It’s really hard to rationalise.

RIP Teneisha.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:It’s really hard to rationalise.

If it helps, BITD B@stard linked to something relevant.

Not kept up on responses to etc, but as I said at the time, this is a big hitter writing.

Edit: the link is broken, so an updated post-crit. view of the same arguments from the same authors.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:53 pm

There’s a woman who’s a cancer survivor who is currently swimming the Channel four times in a row. First time it’s ever been attempted, by a man or woman.

Apparently she’s currently on the fourth leg, having started at midnight on Saturday. Over forty hours in the water and she’s allowed ten minutes on land between legs.

Fucking fuck me. :shock:

EDIT: tracker

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:04 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:There’s a woman who’s a cancer survivor who is currently swimming the Channel four times in a row. First time it’s ever been attempted, by a man or woman.

Apparently she’s currently on the fourth leg, having started at midnight on Saturday. Over forty hours in the water and she’s allowed ten minutes on land between legs.

That's seriously impressive! But...

I find this kind of thing depressing knowing how much walking 30 miles fucked me up (and knowing it'd be far worse now).

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:27 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:There’s a woman who’s a cancer survivor who is currently swimming the Channel four times in a row. First time it’s ever been attempted, by a man or woman.

If the silly fucker had swam in a straight line she’d have finished ages ago!
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Apparently she’s got issues with the tide. Not what you need this time of night.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:15 am

Christ. Still going.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:45 am

Finished :shock: :salute:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:20 am

I get that she could wee as she’s going, but how do you get through 50-odd hours without dropping the kids at the pool?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:41 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I get that she could wee as she’s going, but how do you get through 50-odd hours without dropping the kids at the pool?

Don't make me post the video of the guy who proved you could shit while running...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

London_White

Postby London_White » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:45 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I get that she could wee as she’s going, but how do you get through 50-odd hours without dropping the kids at the pool?

She was allowed 10 minutes on land at the end of each leg, hope she used the time wisely

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:32 am

Apparently the combination of salt water and energy shakes gave her something of an upset stomach. I suspect it may have been more of a fine mist than a log problem.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:02 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Apparently the combination of salt water and energy shakes gave her something of an upset stomach. I suspect it may have been more of a fine mist than a log problem.

Attracting bottom feeders, no doubt.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Blackwhite wrote:

Don't make me post the video of the guy who proved you could shit while running...

I've been close a couple of times. If I can't complete my morning evacuation before running now I use the gift of Imodium.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Imodium aren't bad, but I can never get enough up there to fully block my hoop.

London_White

Postby London_White » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Imodium aren't bad, but I can never get enough up there to fully block my hoop.

Leave 'em in the packet - that should do the trick

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:14 pm

:cheers: :thumbl: :silent:

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Just seen the report on the ITN, fucking hell the original 84 miles was a massive task but due to tides it turned to 130 miles.

The human spirit eh? :salute:

Good job no Japanese whaling ships were passing when her mate rolled into the sea mind.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:28 am

Progress

beeb
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Return to “The Square Ball”