O/T: Fuck Cancer

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: O/T: Fuck Cancer

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Stand Up 2 Cancer tonight; please chuck them a few quid if you can.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:26 am

Excellent article about Jim Allison, who just won a Nobel. Might change how you think of scientists, too, he's a dude.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 am

Found out tonight that one of my best mates from school is dead from this horrible disease. He was a bit of a genius in my eyes. RIP Jimmy.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Il faut cultiver votre jardin...

Thoughts of a gentleman.
I like it. What is it?

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Quiffy wrote:Found out tonight that one of my best mates from school is dead from this horrible disease. He was a bit of a genius in my eyes. RIP Jimmy.

First time visitor to this thread to be honest. I found out a few months ago that an old school friend had a stage 4 melanoma and had been given six months.

Been up to Preston to visit him today as the QPR game had to be moved and I had a free Saturday. Five hours round trip on the train to spend about five hours at his house watching athletics and game show repeats with his wife and kids, and skimming over the surface of the reason I was there ie it may well be the last time I ever see him.

Suffice to say it all felt a bit fucking weird. In as much as it felt anything at all. I’ve been building myself up for a pretty emotional day and the reality was just so mundane and normal. Ho hum.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:12 pm

He'll have appreciated it mate, send him a message tomorrow and keep in regular touch. A lot of people IMO seem to just appreciate the normality despite it all. Have no idea how I'd react in the circumstances, but stoicism is amazing to witness in the wild.

I hope he's been given a shot with pembrolizumab or nivolumab.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Blackwhite wrote:He'll have appreciated it mate, send him a message tomorrow and keep in regular touch. A lot of people IMO seem to just appreciate the normality despite it all. Have no idea how I'd react in the circumstances, but stoicism is amazing to witness in the wild.

I hope he's been given a shot with pembrolizumab or nivolumab.

Yeah, I reckon he did. We’ve exchanged messages since I got on the train back, carrying on as normal. His glass always was half empty, even when he was well, so it was good to see him acting exactly as I’d expect!

Don’t know the ins and outs of his medication as I’ve only been reading his blog a few months, but he has his weekly blood transfusion on a Friday so was in okay fettle today.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Good read, this if a little bleak.

You have to register, but then it's a good thing to have access to anyway.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Cheers Eric, enjoyed that. That fucked my productivity for a while, writing as good as that deserves taken slowly.

Strangely on my phone I didn't need to register, but checked on other devices and was asked to :scratch:

GENTS: do not ignore your balls.
KENNY: try to ignore hers.
ALL: don't ignore anything. The earlier the better, always.

Return to “The Square Ball”