O/T: Fuck Cancer

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: O/T: Fuck Cancer

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Thing is, the trials I'm looking to try and get him in are part of the future progress we all want, potentially. Timing is a cunt. Any progress is too late for some poor bastard, I guess. Lots of trials though, excluded ~20 already on clinical eligibility and still about the same left.

And fuck off with the nerd :tongue: Eric or LSD&2Es can advise on that one. I'm proper outside-ready, me. Barely on the spectrum.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
And fuck off with the nerd :tongue: Eric or LSD&2Es can advise on that one. I'm proper outside-ready, me. Barely on the spectrum.

:mrgreen:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Blackwhite wrote:So, as suspected last week, one of my brother in laws has had his diagnosis confirmed and I'm waiting for the wife to come back with further news.

Fuck this shit.

I'd just like to offer the correct SqB response to this post.

I think it's 'brothers-in-law'.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:06 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:So, as suspected last week, one of my brother in laws has had his diagnosis confirmed and I'm waiting for the wife to come back with further news.

Fuck this shit.

I'd just like to offer the correct SqB response to this post.

I think it's 'brothers-in-law'.

You're quite right, you think I'd know, I've got six of the cunts. Good job etc and so on.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:55 am

What's your take on this new cell therapy trial BW?
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:51 am

Wakefield White wrote:What's your take on this new cell therapy trial BW?

It's excellent stuff. I wrote a little bit about immunotherapy up there somewhere ^^^^, this stuff relates to ongoing work in the area by several groups and biotech companies.

This is really only the beginning. I'm very hopeful that this and the other methods, which can target solid tumours, are going to be game-changing.

The articles are terrible though, smooshing together lots of different things with no differentiator or explanation. And the companies behind the trial reported don't seem to get a mention. Sack the Press Officer!

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:04 am

Blackwhite wrote:The articles are terrible though

This one's nobbad, I thought, from my mate on the CRUK inside...?
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:16 am

Devi wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:The articles are terrible though

This one's nobbad, I thought, from my mate on the CRUK inside...?

It's better, but still very incomplete.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:27 am

On a similar note, do we know anything about these neurostatins. Is it real and will it be in time for cuntoes like us?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:33 am

Don't know anything about Alzheimer's TBH. Not my area. Sorry.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Just been told they've changed Mum's treatment, she's given me far more detail this time. She's been on tablets of some variety for 10 months (after being told they'd probably only work for 5) but the biggest tumour on her liver has grown from 22 to 27mm apparently and now its back to chemo. Gemcitabine & paclitaxel, 3 cycles, 3 weeks apart then a scan, 3 more cycles or a change of drugs depending on the results of that.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:40 pm

Best of luck to her with it, hope she tolerates it well. BiL didn't compete his last cycle due to kidney toxicity, so we're waiting on scans etc.

Oncologists :salute: :salute:

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Fingers crossed, still not a fucking clue on overall timescales (no fucker is prepared to stick their neck on the block with even a vague estimate), it's 16 months since the confirmed diagnosis and outwardly I still wouldn't know but I know that pretty much means fuck all. Behind closed doors Mum says she's generally out of breath very quickly, still not as bad as before she had her first bought of chemo she says and she got through that with minimal fuss/side effects so is hoping for more of the same, guess we'll know soon enough.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:56 pm

All power to her mate, fingers crossed.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Not commented on this thread before, been kind of avoiding reading it. However it seems that cancer wants to fuck with my family wether I acknowledge it or not :roll:
Brother in law diagnosed with throat cancer Jan last year, responded very well to treatment etc doing well.
Mums sister diagnosed lung cancer Oct last year, died Dec.
Mum diagnosed liver cancer Jan this year, small tumour just had an ablation, if thats the correct term, to burn it away. Went well scan in 3 weeks to find out.
And finally I've got an appointment on Thursday to find out if i'm gonna join the one nut club :pale: :puker:
Fuck cancer...
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Yep, that's me done with the thread for another year or two, but best of luck, Smurf.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:45 pm

Fuck, all the best for Thursday mate and hopefully good news for your mum. Chin up and keep walking.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:47 pm

Cheers lads chins still up, all of 'em
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm

Fuck the fucking fucker. All the best to all concerned.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Keep fighting metalsmurf. To you and all of yours, good luck.

Return to “The Square Ball”