Bonnie Tyler representing the UK in Eurovision

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: Bonnie Tyler representing the UK in Eurovision

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Mustafaster wrote:I thought we'd voted to leave Eurovision.

We should. Pre-Brexit we didn't have a chance in hell because everyone hates us, post-Brexit all the other contestants could be blown up by terrorists and we still couldn't win.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat May 13, 2017 8:44 am

eric olthwaite wrote:

We should. Pre-Brexit we didn't have a chance in hell because everyone hates us, post-Brexit all the other contestants could be blown up by terrorists and we still couldn't win.

Yep, nothing to do with the fact your entries are such crap.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 am

Vampire wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, this opinion on music was provided to you by an adult who paid money to see Green Day.

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Sat May 13, 2017 9:27 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, this opinion on music was provided to you by an adult who paid money to see Green Day.

What's wrong with that? Green Day have a good number of supporters on this Forum inc me and Ponte. :thumbl:
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat May 13, 2017 9:28 am

Vampire wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:

Do you rate Phil Collins better than Sting, or do you like them both the same?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat May 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Ballgirl wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:

What's wrong with that? Green Day have a good number of supporters on this Forum inc me and Ponte. :thumbl:

:thumbl:

Vampire is a bell end and takes Eurovision seriously, but, fuck, Eric has awful taste in music.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat May 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Wife and kids are watching this, as is the tradition in Sweden, 1 hour in and they've reached song 12 of 26. 2.5+ hours to.go. Fuck me. It's dire. Early night for me I think. ......

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat May 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Australian hooligan showing his arse on live TV. Vamps, I hope this is not going to happen every year or your lot will be out.

No wait, apparently not an Aussie: http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/0 ... _22085324/

My apologies. You're back in again.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun May 14, 2017 10:57 am

dirty leeds wrote:Australian hooligan showing his arse on live TV. Vamps, I hope this is not going to happen every year or your lot will be out.

No wait, apparently not an Aussie: http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/0 ... _22085324/

My apologies. You're back in again.

Yeah, shame he wasn't one of ours as he livened up a pretty drab show this year.

Seems you've got to have a right on/sympathy back story to win these days. You poms will win by a landslide next year if you can persuade Dale to sing for you.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Sun May 14, 2017 3:28 pm

The winning song actually is quite a good piece of song-writing and the singing kind of reminded me a bit of one of those Joabim classics like Desafinado in that I can see it being turned into a jazzy/bossa nova thing sung slightly off key. Not too sure about the singing- probably needed to hear the song without seeing the singer .
For every step,the footprint was already there.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun May 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Hey. Brett. Have you ever thought about the fact that your favourite singer Phil Collins wrote so many songs but his only number one was a remake of a Motown song. You can't hurry love....Still, as long as you like him, that's the main thing.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sun May 14, 2017 7:31 pm

welshwhite wrote:Hey. Brett. Have you ever thought about the fact that your favourite singer Phil Collins wrote so many songs but his only number one was a remake of a Mowtown song. You can't hurry love....Still, as long as you like him, that's the main thing.

And he fucking murdered it an all.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun May 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Hey. Brett. Have you ever thought about the fact that your favourite singer Phil Collins wrote so many songs but his only number one was a remake of a Mowtown song. You can't hurry love....Still, as long as you like him, that's the main thing.

And he fucking murdered it an all.

So true. Makes me think what Brett sees in the useless cunt.

He just loves mind-numbing pop, the daft twat.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun May 14, 2017 10:32 pm

welshwhite wrote:Hey. Brett. Have you ever thought about the fact that your favourite singer Phil Collins.......
....Still, as long as you like him, that's the main thing.

welshwhite wrote:Makes me think what Brett sees in the useless cunt.

Even as a relentlessly piss taking cunt, you've totally lost me with all that.
:mrgreen:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Well, Brett. The clock is ticking towards the greatest show on earth and you've not said a word about it.

Maybe the fact that you know we have the trophy safely in our hands this time is keeping you quiet.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Maybe he's just stopped rollerblading and sucking dicks, so no longer has an interest?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm

welshwhite wrote:Well, Brett. The clock is ticking towards the greatest show on earth and you've not said a word about it.

Maybe the fact that you know we have the trophy safely in our hands this time is keeping you quiet.

She doesn’t sound Welsh, Rhys. Guess that means she could come from Cardiff.

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 pm

To be fair that's not the worst Eurovision song I've ever heard.Obviously derivative and a bit of Annie Lennox in there or whatever but reckon it might be in with a chance . :oops: What's the betting say ?

Edit : just seen you can get 40/1 . How is Estonia the bloody favourite again ??????? Bloody politics innit ?

Re-edit : you can get 110/1 on Betfair :cry:
For every step,the footprint was already there.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Vampire wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Well, Brett. The clock is ticking towards the greatest show on earth and you've not said a word about it.

She doesn’t sound Welsh, Rhys. Guess that means she could come from Cardiff.

:thumbl: :D

What are your chances this year, B.

I've been chatting to SuRie on facebook and she's quietly confident of winning it :salute:

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:43 am

That's awful. It's like they've gone back to the boom bang a bang days, when all you need in your toolbox is some syrupy repetitive shite that mentions kids, dreams etc

Count me vomiting

Return to “The Square Ball”