End of season 'B' team reports

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Still Hates Gordon Watson

End of season 'B' team reports

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:52 pm

Cheers for the warning, Eric. I’m planning on going to Walthamstow FC’s FA Cup tie on Saturday so this is bad news.

Didn’t/couldn’t go to Clapton CFC’s game last Saturday as it turned out to be a behind closed doors training game.

FER

Re: End of season 'B' team reports

Postby FER » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:10 am

Not sure if this is the right place, but...

One of the lads at work is a Harrogate Town long-time s/t, home & away supporter. Spoke to him yesterday about being top of the league and how happy he was about it. He said now that they've been promoted, the away fans are treat like shit wherever they go. Said it's a total departure from the welcoming atmosphere of away games in the Northern Conference (or whatever they call it now!) where they could mingle in the supporters bars and have decent banter, now they're shoved into cramped areas with shite facilities.

Other than that, he's buzzing!
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:47 am

FER wrote:Not sure if this is the right place, but...

One of the lads at work is a Harrogate Town long-time s/t, home & away supporter. Spoke to him yesterday about being top of the league and how happy he was about it. He said now that they've been promoted, the away fans are treat like shit wherever they go. Said it's a total departure from the welcoming atmosphere of away games in the Northern Conference (or whatever they call it now!) where they could mingle in the supporters bars and have decent banter, now they're shoved into cramped areas with shite facilities.

Other than that, he's buzzing!

Just looked at their squad...how the fuck is Ben Parker only 30?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:12 pm

The manU/chelsea of our girls league who have won it 3 years of the last 4 were beaten at our place 4-1 today. Last years winners drew. we just need to keep our girls from self destructing and our new signing recovering from her broken leg on her debut and it may be ....
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 am

You'll be delighted to know that Albacete's Mighty Whites are top of the second division and heading for La Liga next season.
:cheers: :salute:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am

Lewes FC were top of the league November / December IIRC. Currently sitting below the playoffs.

I don't believe in omens or anything like that. Nope. Definitely not.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:09 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Lewes FC were top of the league November / December IIRC. Currently sitting below the playoffs.

I don't believe in omens or anything like that. Nope. Definitely not.

harrogate town were top of the ex conference i think as recently as november. currently 7th.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 am

York City are moving into a new stadium in the summer and still at risk of being relegated from the conference north.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am

AndyPaul wrote:York City are moving into a new stadium in the summer and still at risk of being relegated from the conference north.

they really are terrible, given that they're the only club in a city of 200k people. the location of Thorp Arch must be a bit of a bugbear for them, i daresay things might be a little rosier if they'd been able to sign Clarke, Cook, Byram, & Taylor as soon as they'd left school, and got some good performances, & presumably eventually transfer fees, for all of them.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:04 pm

the flying pig wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:York City are moving into a new stadium in the summer and still at risk of being relegated from the conference north.

they really are terrible, given that they're the only club in a city of 200k people. the location of Thorp Arch must be a bit of a bugbear for them, i daresay things might be a little rosier if they'd been able to sign Clarke, Cook, Byram, & Taylor as soon as they'd left school, and got some good performances, & presumably eventually transfer fees, for all of them.

I watched them in the 90s in the playoffs that would have got them promoted to what is now the Championship. Not a good place they are in.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm

the flying pig wrote:

They did sign ryan edmundson though, even when he's a harrogate lad.

The new stadium is taking shape, its a metal box near the edge of town which for some unknown reason is blue and grey on the outside.

And the new manager is ex-ginger geordie steve watson. Lets see what he can do.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Quiffy wrote:...the new manager is ex-ginger geordie steve watson. Lets see what he can do.

maybe some of those daft somersaulting throw-ins :scratch: ?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Quiffy wrote:The new stadium is taking shape, its a metal box near the edge of town which for some unknown reason is blue and grey on the outside.

Where?

Edit: Oh, I see: Monk's Cross.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:The new stadium is taking shape, its a metal box near the edge of town which for some unknown reason is blue and grey on the outside.

Where?

it's changed massively in the last 5 years down there. there's a posh john lewis with eateries (restaurants) and the stadium features leisure facilities and a cinema complex. they've even removed the diseased swimming pool. you southerners will feel quite at home.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Quiffy wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

Where?

it's changed massively in the last 5 years down there. there's a posh john lewis with eateries (restaurants) and the stadium features leisure facilities and a cinema complex. they've even removed the diseased swimming pool. you southerners will feel quite at home.

Truck driver on t'radio t'other day saying, 'The only way to get to the north side of York these days is if you were born there'.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Truck driver on t'radio t'other day saying, 'The only way to get to the north side of York these days is if you were born there'.

it's not quite designed for trucks isn't york.

i knacked my knee last month and had to drive into work from home in north york to the centre. it took me twice as long as it does on my push bike.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Atletico Baleares of Mallorca won again on Sunday to go second. I was all set to go as finally a home game when I was there. Was psyched up to meet Lucciano, even managed to get Mrs LSD to come along - then got absolutely battered on Saturday night in Palma drinking Absinthe and Cannabis cocktails and woke up 20 mins before kick off :roll:

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:36 am

If the forum name hat fits...

:salute:
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Not sure I can get my head around drinkable weed... What's next, tequila snorting?

It's a gateway drink :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

FER

Postby FER » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm

One of the lads in my local said he could get me 'weed oil' for my vape thing. Of course, I politely declined, but ... weed oil???
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Return to “The Square Ball”