End of season 'B' team reports

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: End of season 'B' team reports

Postby Quiffy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:57 pm

our girls season finished this weekend, we had a beach tournament in bridlington yesterday where we qualified for the knockout stages after having played sheff weds, sheff u and barnsley's girls teams and today we reached the final of the york tournament after having beaten harrogate town girls 2-0 in the league stages. it was the first time we've even reached the semi finals, where we beat batley 3-0, before taking on harrogate town girls again in the final which finished 1-1 and we lost on penalties. it took an 'elite' team to beat us, one that doesn't play week in week out but can select the best players from the whole harrogate area and leagues.

not bad for a team from a village on the edge of york; taking on all comers from norton in the north east to the west riding. :D :D
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:33 am

Quiffy wrote:our girls season finished this weekend, we had a beach tournament in bridlington yesterday where we qualified for the knockout stages after having played sheff weds, sheff u and barnsley's girls teams and today we reached the final of the york tournament after having beaten harrogate town girls 2-0 in the league stages. it was the first time we've even reached the semi finals, where we beat batley 3-0, before taking on harrogate town girls again in the final which finished 1-1 and we lost on penalties. it took an 'elite' team to beat us, one that doesn't play week in week out but can select the best players from the whole harrogate area and leagues.

not bad for a team from a village on the edge of york; taking on all comers from norton in the north east to the west riding. :D :D

It'll be the Europa Cup for them, next , then? El Quiffo.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:55 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:our girls season finished this weekend, we had a beach tournament in bridlington yesterday where we qualified for the knockout stages after having played sheff weds, sheff u and barnsley's girls teams and today we reached the final of the york tournament after having beaten harrogate town girls 2-0 in the league stages. it was the first time we've even reached the semi finals, where we beat batley 3-0, before taking on harrogate town girls again in the final which finished 1-1 and we lost on penalties. it took an 'elite' team to beat us, one that doesn't play week in week out but can select the best players from the whole harrogate area and leagues.

not bad for a team from a village on the edge of york; taking on all comers from norton in the north east to the west riding. :D :mrgreen: :D

It'll be the Europa Cup for them, next , then? El Quiffo.

they get a cob on about travellling to scarborough to play on a saturday, they get a cob on about training, in fact they get a cob on about pretty much everything. it's a bloody relief to see a smile. an away trip to bulgaria with them would be my definition of torture.

but if the parents could find a campsite with a bar, then we'd have to consider it. :mrgreen:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Quiffy wrote:they get a cob on about travellling to scarborough to play on a saturday, they get a cob on about training, in fact they get a cob on about pretty much everything.

So, female, in fewer words.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:they get a cob on about travellling to scarborough to play on a saturday, they get a cob on about training, in fact they get a cob on about pretty much everything.

and year 9. in my experience 'peak female'.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

:shock:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Ponte wrote:
Quiffy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

:shock:

:lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Quite an admission for a teacher.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Quite an admission for a teacher.

fucks sake you dirty bastards. :lol:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:22 am

I know Devi’s a fan of Dulwich Hamlet. A few miles further north in Hackney another team with a leftist fan base has been completely fucked over by a piece of shit property speculator: Clapton FC

But this is a lovely turn up for the books.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:38 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I know Devi’s a fan of Dulwich Hamlet. A few miles further north in Hackney another team with a leftist fan base has been completely fucked over by a piece of shit property speculator: Clapton FC

Love that.

And yet, somehow The Man always wins in the end.

Can you tell my VAT payment is due today? :roll:
I like it. What is it?

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:30 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I know Devi’s a fan of Dulwich Hamlet. A few miles further north in Hackney another team with a leftist fan base has been completely fucked over by a piece of shit property speculator: Clapton FC

Was reading up on them completely coincidentally yesterday as the original Clapton FC play in the same league as two teams who play literally across the road from me (Walthamstow FC and Leyton Athletic).

Well, it turns out that Clapton CFC are also playing there this season so I’m planning to go to their first ever league game at noon this Saturday. Will report back.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:44 pm

I thought Clapton CFC were Clapton FC, just reformed after their dickhead owner threw them out of the Old Spotted Dog ground?

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:59 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I thought Clapton CFC were Clapton FC, just reformed after their dickhead owner threw them out of the Old Spotted Dog ground?

Nope, they’re a breakaway club founded by the fans/ultras, starting afresh three divisions lower down the pyramid. They had a crowd of 232 at their first home friendly last Saturday - Clapton FC allegedly had just 30 for a home league game the other night.

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:01 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I thought Clapton CFC were Clapton FC, just reformed after their dickhead owner threw them out of the Old Spotted Dog ground?

And in a beautiful piece of fan ingenuity, they’ve decided to call their new temporary home The Stray Dog. Much better than its ‘proper’ name anyway.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Harrogate town beat Gateshead tonight to go top of the Conference (on goal difference from Orient) after 9 games
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:37 am

LSD&2Es wrote:Harrogate town beat Gateshead tonight to go top of the Conference (on goal difference from Orient) after 9 games

Burn out. Too close to Leeds, geographically. Bound to suffer.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:56 am

dirty leeds wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:Harrogate town beat Gateshead tonight to go top of the Conference (on goal difference from Orient) after 9 games

Burn out. Too close to Leeds, geographically. Bound to suffer.

This is true. Look what happened to York City!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:21 pm

I went to watch Lewes last week, first time this season. Still a nice place to watch football and nice beer, but fairly shit to watch if I'm honest. Moving up a division at this level doesn't seem to improve quality at all; just means the beefy defenders might be a bit beefier and the nippy wingers a tad nippier.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Although I did like this from tonight TBF

Return to “The Square Ball”