End of season 'B' team reports

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

End of season 'B' team reports

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:19 pm

I know it's a bit premature but - blimey! - the Mighty Rooks are going up to the Conference / BSP / whatever, as Champions.

Can't believe that next season we could even have the likes of Notts County or Wrexham down the Pan, if they go down from League Two.. It's going to be comical - Lewes fans love to bang on about the whole family-orientated community club thing, and they whinge constantly to the stewards about swearing, but next year they'll have to put up with a bunch of away teams bringing three hundred pissed up nutters. Can't wait. :mrgreen:

Anyway, there's now just the small matter of getting that other team promoted, to do the double.

I seem to remember that Musta has Racing Santander and Krumpli keeps an eye on Blyth Spartans. How did they get on? Anyone else for any other B team reports?

KK Spunky69

Re: End of season 'B' team reports

Postby KK Spunky69 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:19 am

Real Madrid are doing rather well pissing all over the Catalans, though old Celtic are getting a bit of pasting by the scum Gers, Harrogate Town continue to dwell on bugger all and the less said about York City the better, oh and last I checked Borrusia Munchen Gladbach were still in existence.

I'll settle for a Whites double with Super Leeds and Madrid
Guns will make us powerful, butter will only make us fat.

Can you hear the red scum sing? I can't hear a fucking thing.

MG[SPAMBOT]

Postby MG[SPAMBOT] » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:08 am

Parkgate are safe mid-table in their first season in NCP (nearest team to where Rawmarsh Welfare used to play) and Kingstonian are just about to miss out on the play-offs of Rymans 1 South.
No supporters owned club has ever got into the top two English divisions, something to bare in mind when LUST try and persuade you they know their arse from their elbow.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:00 am

Guiseley look like missing the playoffs, after a decent season - God knows why Parkin thought he could do a job at Elland Road when he can't even get The Lions promoted though :D Good look next year Steve!!!

N I know this'll upset a few people, but I can't help but feel a tad pleased that "the Celts" look relegation bound - after their mouthy chairmans gloating about us at the start of the season - look forward to seeing y back in back in the UNibond in a couple of years time Firbank ......

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:49 am

Real Racing Club de Racing Santander (Shirley the best club name in football) are having an amazing season.
5th atm with nancy boys Real Madrid at home this aft, 4th if we get a point.
Bring It On.
UEFA next year now nailed on and a possible CL spot!!!!!! :shock:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Perseus

Postby Perseus » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:14 am

Rochdale. 34 Years of continual existence in the bottom division. Now they are chasing hard for an automatic promotion place with a playoff place already in the pocket.

They're not a B team of mine really but I will be chuffed if they finally wipe the fourth division off the soles of their feet, if but for one season only.

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:34 pm

The Riyadh Infidel Slayers are currently eight points off the top of their league in third spot.

We would be top but sadly we lost two of our best players in December in a heroic martyrdom operation against the Zionist oppressor.

Inshallah, we will win the league next year.
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:20 pm

The High Priest wrote:The Riyadh Infidel Slayers are currently eight points off the top of their league in third spot.

We would be top but sadly we lost two of our best players in December in a heroic martyrdom operation against the Zionist oppressor.

By the beard of the Prophet!!!! The Riyadh Infidel Slayers are apostate Shia scum.
The Basra Beheaders, righteous Sunni warriors for peace, will harvest them.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Scunthorpe, beat Baadiff at home yesterday - too little too late!

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:47 pm

The High Priest wrote:The Riyadh Infidel Slayers are currently eight points off the top of their league in third spot.

its a cracker.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Mustafaster wrote:5th atm with nancy boys Real Madrid at home this aft, 4th if we get a point.
Bring It On.

Er...

Just looked Racing up on Wiki. Notable ex-players include Argelico Fucks. That really is a very fine name.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:48 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:5th atm with nancy boys Real Madrid at home this aft, 4th if we get a point.
Bring It On.

Er...

Just looked Racing up on Wiki. Notable ex-players include Argelico Fucks. That really is a very fine name.

Aye.
A reet cunt he was anorl our Argel.
"In his years playing in Brazil, he earned a reputation of being a dirty player. Among other things, he was accused of wearing rings as a weapon to hurt his rivals, he had four sending-offs on ten games while playing for Santos, and a really rough game while marking Boca Juniors' Juan Román Riquelme, playing for Palmeiras, in the 2001 Libertadores Cup. "
Twatting Riquelme has got to get him respect.
Likes a sangria or two as well, I can vouch. Cunt came to see us playing one night, totally hammered, tried to get on stage to dance with our singer and brained hissen on the bass amp.
Legend.

Krumpli

Postby Krumpli » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Blyth Spartans have, thankfully, run out of games for their quest to exit Conference North via the trapdoor to succeed, and will hopefully follow Lewes' example and try to escape in a more orthodox manner next season.

There were highs, but I missed both of them: beating right big time charlies Kettering Town and drubbing Worcester City 6-0 within the space of a fortnight at Croft Park.

I did, however, witness the deftest goal ever, Bernard Manning's grandson's brief substitute appearance for Radcliffe Borough and Spartans assistant boss Graham Fenton earnestly instruct one of his players to tell another to 'fuck off.'

30 Mill

Postby 30 Mill » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:56 am

The Doonhammers are currently in the Scottish Cup final Vs Rangers

Queen of the South - the only team in the Bible!!!!
We love you MELBOURNE we do

JordanB

Postby JordanB » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Goole continue to try their hardest to throw away an expected Play Off place in the Unibond First Division South.

After being annoyed pre-season since finding out we were to be playing in the Southern division, despite being more Northern than some teams in the Northern league, talk turned to an expected title challenge after considering the Southern league to be ''easier'' than the Northern one.

An inconsistent start, mirroring recent openings for the Vikings, coupled with more consistency after Christmas and some good results seemingly pointed to us at least making the Play Offs. However, the past month or so, poor form has seen us probably blow the chance, and we'd more than likely need to win all our remaining games, and rely on some other teams doing us favours.

All in all then it looks like a disappointing season based upon the initial pre-season optimism.

blokefromyorkshire

Postby blokefromyorkshire » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Super Dons embarrassed by Q.o.t.S in the scottish cup, and have the team slowly being ripped apart as players leave. Good run in the Uefa Cup, and will finish 6th. An average season, long summer ahead for Calderwood.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Glasshoughton Welfare bottom of the table on 18 pts and -72 gd
Innit ace following successful teams :mrgreen:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Oh, cock.

They've just come out and said that promotion to a 'proper' league means there's no more alcohol on the terraces.

I've always half considered the Dripping Pan a pub with a decent beer garden where they lay on entertainment.

If nothing else, when the football was crap, which it often was, you could stand on the Mountfield Road bank of a winter Saturday, pint in hand, and watch the sun set over the Downs.

Here's to relegation next year then.

Krumpli

Postby Krumpli » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Aye, you can't have both, Eric. It's ale or entertainment. The way your lot are going, it won't be long before you won't see the Downs anyway for the Dripperdome's kevlar roof.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:37 pm

Well Olypmiakos managed to survive without Rivaldo, and won the league by two points last Sunday, beating Rivaldo's new team into second.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Return to “The Square Ball”