Page 5 of 107

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 am
by snoozedoggydog2
Wouldnt surprise me to see Mark Hughes given the job

The Sack Race

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 am
by LSD&2Es
Wee Gord and GMac off the list then.....

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 am
by the glory years
LSD&2Es wrote:Wee Gord and GMac off the list then.....


Thank fuck

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 am
by Tommy
So, who wants to posit a guess on how many pages the thread will be when we bump it to announce Strac & Mac's sacking?

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm
by ARDS
snoozedoggydog2 wrote:Wouldnt surprise me to see Mark Hughes given the job


Bloody hell no thanks might as well get that cunt Roy Keane in as the dream duo. :shock:

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 am
by Tommy
There's a rumour going around that Saints have sacked Adkins. Surely that can't be true. That would be one of the most ludicrous sackings I can immediately remember off the top of my head.

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am
by AndyPaul
tommydski wrote:There's a rumour going around that Saints have sacked Adkins. Surely that can't be true. That would be one of the most ludicrous sackings I can immediately remember off the top of my head.


I was just saying it is obviously bollocks but Sky have just announced it. Lost one of the last 7 :scratch:

A strange one, hasn't done bad for them or Scunny. Maybe a replacement for Colin?

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 am
by Porkchopexpress
AndyPaul wrote:Maybe a replacement for Colin?


Hell no. He keeps a highly treasured, autographed copy of Ferguson's autobiography. Hell no again.

Saying that, a ridiculous sacking.

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm
by Man Called Sun
Porkchopexpress wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Maybe a replacement for Colin?


Hell no. He keeps a highly treasured, autographed copy of Ferguson's autobiography. Hell no again.

Saying that, a ridiculous sacking.

The internet never fails to amaze me. The Grauniad are saying he's been fucked off and replaced with Mauricio Pochettino. This is a name I'm unfamiliar with, so I bring up the bloke's wiki page, which has already been edited with this new employment status, and further important info:

Southampton Football Club has appointed Mauricio Pochettino as First Team Manager on the 18/01/13

He takes it up the mucker on Tuesdays, as seen in his picture to the right.


Image

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm
by gazurtoids
That's a bit fucking mental. Joins them third-from-bottom of the third tier, wins back-to-back promotions, draws 2-2 away at the reigning European champions to move three points clear of the drop zone... and gets the sack.

More importantly, what does this mean for the viability of Lambert & Puncheon in my fantasy team? :x

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:40 pm
by gazurtoids
AndyPaul wrote:Maybe a replacement for Colin?


Not for me. I've disliked him ever since his Scunthorpe days. I don't really know why.

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:43 pm
by The Tin Man
Paper talk that Lambert is also about to get the boot. Either Lambert or Adkins or would be an immeasurable step up from our present incumbent. Neither is going to stay unemployed for long - we'd be mad not to go for one of them.

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 pm
by AndyPaul
gazurtoids wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Maybe a replacement for Colin?


Not for me. I've disliked him ever since his Scunthorpe days. I don't really know why.


Oh aye, there's something about him, especially in interviews that annoys me, maybe its his gopher/beaver face but his record has been impressive and his teams play good football.

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm
by Man Called Sun
gazurtoids wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Maybe a replacement for Colin?


Not for me. I've disliked him ever since his Scunthorpe days. I don't really know why.

Because he's a smug scouse smartarse?

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50 pm
by BigVinnie
The Tin Man wrote:Paper talk that Lambert is also about to get the boot. Either Lambert or Adkins or would be an immeasurable step up from our present incumbent. Neither is going to stay unemployed for long - we'd be mad not to go for one of them.


Thing is, I can't stand either of the cunts. Dunno why, they both just irritate the fuck out of me! :?

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm
by gazurtoids
Lambert is a bit irritating but I put that down to the fact that his Norwich side were always just a bit ahead of us (although we always looked better than them when we met, I thought). He's applied for the job before, according to FaxMan, so I'd certainly give it a go if he does get the heave-ho at Villa.

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:16 pm
by Phil LUFC
I'd love to see us appoint Adkins, he was superb for scunny. Mainly because of that, I don't see him as an annoying cunt at all.

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:28 pm
by Dale White
Adkins is a very annoying Mr positive management course no i in team cunt, reminds me of a course I went on a few years back were the cunt leading it chucked a tennis ball around the room and said if it lands near you I want you to stand up and tell us all about your self.

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:43 pm
by Mindo
might be a more productive approach than repeatedly telling your players how shit they are and how you'd love to buy someone else

Re: The Sack Race

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 pm
by Phil LUFC
Dale White wrote:Adkins is a very annoying Mr positive management course no i in team cunt, reminds me of a course I went on a few years back were the cunt leading it chucked a tennis ball around the room and said if it lands near you I want you to stand up and tell us all about your self.

Aye, but that positivity rubs off on his players, he's proven to get the best out of poor players (keeping scunny in the championship the season before he left not to mention bringing them up through the play-offs the year we lost to millwall in them). He's got a decent record when given some funds to spend too, and he's done it all with a decent style of football.