Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
snoozedoggydog2

Re: The Sack Race

Postby snoozedoggydog2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 am

Wouldnt surprise me to see Mark Hughes given the job

LSD&2Es

The Sack Race

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 am

Wee Gord and GMac off the list then.....
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

the glory years

Postby the glory years » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 am

LSD&2Es wrote:Wee Gord and GMac off the list then.....

Thank fuck

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 am

So, who wants to posit a guess on how many pages the thread will be when we bump it to announce Strac & Mac's sacking?

ARDS

Postby ARDS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm

snoozedoggydog2 wrote:Wouldnt surprise me to see Mark Hughes given the job

Bloody hell no thanks might as well get that cunt Roy Keane in as the dream duo. :shock:
Forza Leeds Utd

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 am

There's a rumour going around that Saints have sacked Adkins. Surely that can't be true. That would be one of the most ludicrous sackings I can immediately remember off the top of my head.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am

tommydski wrote:There's a rumour going around that Saints have sacked Adkins. Surely that can't be true. That would be one of the most ludicrous sackings I can immediately remember off the top of my head.

I was just saying it is obviously bollocks but Sky have just announced it. Lost one of the last 7 :scratch:

A strange one, hasn't done bad for them or Scunny. Maybe a replacement for Colin?

Porkchopexpress

Postby Porkchopexpress » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 am

AndyPaul wrote:Maybe a replacement for Colin?

Hell no. He keeps a highly treasured, autographed copy of Ferguson's autobiography. Hell no again.

Saying that, a ridiculous sacking.
TERRY VENABLES.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Porkchopexpress wrote:

Hell no. He keeps a highly treasured, autographed copy of Ferguson's autobiography. Hell no again.

Saying that, a ridiculous sacking.

The internet never fails to amaze me. The Grauniad are saying he's been fucked off and replaced with Mauricio Pochettino. This is a name I'm unfamiliar with, so I bring up the bloke's wiki page, which has already been edited with this new employment status, and further important info:

Southampton Football Club has appointed Mauricio Pochettino as First Team Manager on the 18/01/13

He takes it up the mucker on Tuesdays, as seen in his picture to the right.

Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm

That's a bit fucking mental. Joins them third-from-bottom of the third tier, wins back-to-back promotions, draws 2-2 away at the reigning European champions to move three points clear of the drop zone... and gets the sack.

More importantly, what does this mean for the viability of Lambert & Puncheon in my fantasy team? :x

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Not for me. I've disliked him ever since his Scunthorpe days. I don't really know why.

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Paper talk that Lambert is also about to get the boot. Either Lambert or Adkins or would be an immeasurable step up from our present incumbent. Neither is going to stay unemployed for long - we'd be mad not to go for one of them.
For every step,the footprint was already there.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 pm

gazurtoids wrote:

Not for me. I've disliked him ever since his Scunthorpe days. I don't really know why.

Oh aye, there's something about him, especially in interviews that annoys me, maybe its his gopher/beaver face but his record has been impressive and his teams play good football.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm

gazurtoids wrote:

Because he's a smug scouse smartarse?
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

BigVinnie

Postby BigVinnie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50 pm

The Tin Man wrote:Paper talk that Lambert is also about to get the boot. Either Lambert or Adkins or would be an immeasurable step up from our present incumbent. Neither is going to stay unemployed for long - we'd be mad not to go for one of them.

Thing is, I can't stand either of the cunts. Dunno why, they both just irritate the fuck out of me! :?

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Lambert is a bit irritating but I put that down to the fact that his Norwich side were always just a bit ahead of us (although we always looked better than them when we met, I thought). He's applied for the job before, according to FaxMan, so I'd certainly give it a go if he does get the heave-ho at Villa.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:16 pm

I'd love to see us appoint Adkins, he was superb for scunny. Mainly because of that, I don't see him as an annoying cunt at all.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Adkins is a very annoying Mr positive management course no i in team cunt, reminds me of a course I went on a few years back were the cunt leading it chucked a tennis ball around the room and said if it lands near you I want you to stand up and tell us all about your self.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:43 pm

might be a more productive approach than repeatedly telling your players how shit they are and how you'd love to buy someone else

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Dale White wrote:Adkins is a very annoying Mr positive management course no i in team cunt, reminds me of a course I went on a few years back were the cunt leading it chucked a tennis ball around the room and said if it lands near you I want you to stand up and tell us all about your self.

Aye, but that positivity rubs off on his players, he's proven to get the best out of poor players (keeping scunny in the championship the season before he left not to mention bringing them up through the play-offs the year we lost to millwall in them). He's got a decent record when given some funds to spend too, and he's done it all with a decent style of football.

Return to “The Square Ball”