Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
rss1969

Re: Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Postby rss1969 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:57 pm

Ponte wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Wonder what odds I can get on the cunt never getting another prem gig?

Only one I could see is West Ham.

No chance, they hate him more than we do.

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:06 pm

If he gets another gig as a pundit of MOTD will it then be Frank Lampard's Match of the Day?
Leeds United is ruining my life.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:16 pm

Tommy wrote:
Trumper wrote:Poor decision by Roman in appointing Frank in the first place. Completely out of his depth and to be ninth with all that talent proved.

Obviously it's funny to see Frank relieved of his duties today but I think it was a reasonably clever appointment by Abramovich. Lampard provided a useful and relatively popular distraction during the time when they were serving a transfer ban. He's probably added some value to some of their young players by actually fielding them from time to time and they've not really suffered too much in the end. It's not impossible Tuchel will yet get them a European qualification.

Yep this. They needed someone to tread water whilst the ban was served that the fans wouldn't get on his back straight away.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Apparently the assistant coach is the legendary Jody Morris and technical director is Petr Cech. Wonder whether Tuchel will be strapped in by Wednesday or one of them gets the gig?
Member of a clique

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:35 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:I can't see another Prem club wanting Lampard and he's probably not looking to drop into the Championship unless there's a huge transfer budget available. So most likely he'll end in up managing in the USA.

I reckon Newcastle and Crystal Palace are the next jobs to become available. Roy's contract expires in the summer and there doesn't seem to be any appetite to offer him a new one.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Jody Morris swaying on the treatment table, hosing down Pulisic after a wayward pass and telling him to stick his 9/11...

Nailed on.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Son of Leeds wrote:If he gets another gig as a pundit of MOTD will it then be Frank Lampard's Match of the Day?

That's just sexist! Karen Carney has that gig now.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:32 pm

I bobbed talksport on for my journey home to hear the fallout and they have already started banging the Lampard for England drum.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Ponte wrote:I bobbed talksport on for my journey home to hear the fallout and they have already started banging the Lampard for England drum.

To be fair HKTC
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Ponte wrote:I bobbed talksport on for my journey home to hear the fallout and they have already started banging the Lampard for England drum.

I mean, I get that it's Talksport (which we get here in drips and drabs), which means check your brain at the door, but what the fuck kind of logic suggests that a Big Six failure is the right call to lead a national team of England's ilk? No wonder England hasn't won a World Cup in 55 years.
"The supporters, the only thing to them is that they love their club.
The only thing the receive in exchange is emotions.
For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football." - Marcelo Bielsa

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:22 pm

Terre Harte II wrote:

I mean, I get that it's Talksport (which we get here in drips and drabs), which means check your brain at the door, but what the fuck kind of logic suggests that a Big Six failure is the right call to lead a national team of England's ilk? No wonder England hasn't won a World Cup in 55 years.

to be fair the current guy failed at Middlesbrough

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:
Terre Harte II wrote:

to be fair the current guy failed at Middlesbrough

And the next guy will fail in England.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Trumper

Postby Trumper » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Tommy wrote:
Trumper wrote:Poor decision by Roman in appointing Frank in the first place. Completely out of his depth and to be ninth with all that talent proved.

Obviously it's funny to see Frank relieved of his duties today but I think it was a reasonably clever appointment by Abramovich. Lampard provided a useful and relatively popular distraction during the time when they were serving a transfer ban. He's probably added some value to some of their young players by actually fielding them from time to time and they've not really suffered too much in the end. It's not impossible Tuchel will yet get them a European qualification.

Not like their rivals were signing much either at the time. They’re only a few points off top 4 with half a season left, Tuchel can definitely get them a spot, good appointment, massive upside in tactical nous. A shame really

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:35 pm

Frank’s farewell message

Jesus

:lol:

I like it. What is it?

Trumper

Postby Trumper » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:09 am

Nah that’s fake this was his real statement

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:12 am

It’s justifying the text centrally that gets me, like he wrote it to be a fucking plaque cast in bronze on a wall somewhere.

Twat.
Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:29 am

Don't cry, Frank Lampard.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:31 pm

Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Fuckin' zing!

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:02 pm

Interesting scenes in France where Marseille manager André Villas-Boas announced that he has offered his resignation this morning after the club signed Olivier Ntcham when he didn't want him.
For every step,the footprint was already there.

Return to “The Square Ball”