Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Postby the flying pig » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Not really sure I see that as a move that'll improve things for them much.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 pm

One of the great constants of English football: Spurs thinking they’re fucking brilliant but never quite ever getting there.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:57 pm

The special one in for poch.

A brave, daring, progressive move by the spurs management.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Wakefield White wrote:The special one in for poch.

Best manager in history of league and beyond, winner of multiple trophies isn't a step up on someone who's won fuck all? :scratch:

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Yeboah wrote:

Best manager in history of league and beyond, winner of multiple trophies isn't a step up on someone who's won fuck all? :scratch:

Did you see the absolute shambles that Scum were in under him?

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

Did you see the absolute shambles that Scum were in under him?

Is that when they won the league Cup, Europa league or came 2nd in the league?

He did a great job there as Moyes, Van Gaal and now OGS are proving.

If you think Mourhino is a failure how do you classify Bielsa when he's won literally fuck all??!!.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:52 pm

Yeboah wrote:

Whether he’s a step up wasn’t the point I was making, and in my opinion isn’t very relevant.

The question is, is he a good appointment? His recent history suggests he may win a trophy but will spend heavily & likely leave, under a cloud and in a mess, in relatively short order. Plus his teams play dreary attritional football, that the fans and players quickly hate.

He’s looks like an accountants appointment, a quick fix, a short term bet on the here and now. Will it work, maybe, but I’ll bet it’ll be joyless.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:28 am

Yeboah wrote:
Is that when they won the league Cup, Europa league or came 2nd in the league?

He did a great job there as Moyes, Van Gaal and now OGS are proving.

If you think Mourhino is a failure how do you classify Bielsa when he's won literally fuck all??!!.

Didn’t say he was a failure I said it was a shambles, After spending over 300 mil and then losing the dressing room and fans the next season.

I don’t see that ever working at Spurs he always needs money to get the players that play his style which is polar opposite to how they play now. Is levy going to give him the money?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:01 am

My assumption is that Mourinho will be there less than a year, will achieve a League Cup win or the like to impress a stupid cunt like Yebore, but the car crash he leaves behind will do about 5 years’ worth of damage.
HM Collector Of Parcels

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:06 am

The fans at Spurs will soon come to hate his style of play. If he somehow hits the ground running results wise, they'll be more patient, but even if they win stuff they'll soon want him out. By then Levy will likely have spent a LOT of money on some players they'll then have to sell on. I don't really see him as a good fit for that club, but there ya go. In truth, I really don't give a fuck what they/he do/does. I have liked watching Spurs over the past 18 months; suspect I'll like them a lot less soon.
Still there's always Leicester, Liverpool and Man City who play good football.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 am

eric olthwaite wrote:My assumption is that Mourinho will be there less than a year, will achieve a League Cup win or the like to impress a stupid cunt like Yebore, but the car crash he leaves behind will do about 5 years’ worth of damage.

This. Except I think he'll be there 2 years.

Will do very little this season (not top 4), make a lot of summer changes, maybe win the Europa next season, 2nd expensive summer, lose the dressing room and leave with them in a similar position to now but with a bigger rebuilding job needed in an unhappy/divided camp.

If Levy doesn't back him it might actually be better for them in picking up the pieces.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:49 am

Poch obviously got pissed off with Levy etc and started to fck with the team, all this whilst Madrid are waiting in the background for him.

The thing is with the Prick now going there is that it is not hard with current players to get them playing park the bus football, all the current defense and defensive midfielders can easily play parkbus. I just hope some of their best still want to fck off and now perhaps even more so.

Spurs will now become the best of the rest (until Bert gets us there and has some money) with his shyte unattractive pukeball and i would be instantly looking to sell my season ticket if i was a fan and seriously consider crossing the road in my stance against this appointment.

Hey there's a thought, if Eriksen, Alli, Son, Jan, Toby, Dier and a few of the others think fck this i really wanna fck off now - The Prick could be left with a depleted squad and fck all to spend.

Here's hoping.

Right i'm off to collect my winnings on next English manager to leave their post and wait for my double to come in.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:52 am

dirty leeds wrote:The fans at Spurs will soon come to hate his style of play

The ones I've heard from this morning already do.

Seriously though, whilst you can understand the dismissal of Poch, this should be the perfect exemplar for a situation where the DOS identifies a new figure to develop what they already had. Not some outdated arrogant fuckwipe who will rip their existing squad and style of play to pieces.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:10 am

eric olthwaite wrote:My assumption is that Mourinho will be there less than a year, will achieve a League Cup win or the like to impress a stupid cunt like Yebore, but the car crash he leaves behind will do about 5 years’ worth of damage.

He's never spent less than a year at any English club, not sure you assume this will be different unless you are truly a clueless fuckwit.

Any trophy for Spuds will be an achievement and a step up.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:56 am

Does every post have to be accompanied with a playground insult? Jesus Christ it's tiring.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 am

eric olthwaite wrote:One of the great constants of English football: Spurs thinking they’re fucking brilliant but never quite ever getting there.

Absolutely. It's a desperate stupid move. Poch is the best manager they've had in many years and got them to this level. To bin him now is typical of Spurs entitled attitude.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 am

Given how well he and Bielsa get on, perhaps he'd fancy a stint as assistant coach with us?

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:20 am

I will say that I'd have Pochettino in the unlikely event that we're promoted and survive the first season but Bielsa leaves etc.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:35 am

Tommy wrote:I will say that I'd have Pochettino in the unlikely event that we're promoted and survive the first season but Bielsa leaves etc.

I'd agree, but I think we should give his legs a squeeze first to be sure.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Tommy wrote:I will say that I'd have Pochettino in the unlikely event that we're promoted and survive the first season but Bielsa leaves etc.

Which bit is unlikely ? the going up or staying up bit ? I'd say IF the club goes up it has a reasonable chance of staying up as there are some poor sides in the bottom half of the Prem League ..... hopefully we'll find out soon ( next season :?: ) . Poch is a Bielsa student so could well continue the style Bielsa has created - consistancy in style . Spurs now will go from flowing entertaining football , something Spurs are renowned for over the years , to dull defensive football and little to no entertainment - success not guaranteed either , you know Mourinho will last about two years , first one ok but then it will unravel and he'll leave a trail of chaos and discontent in his wake . It was of course totally coincidental that Man Utd went on a huge winning streak when he left , nothing to do with his people/management skills :D :D :D . Jose is a quick fix , long term disaster though . Spurs fans won't like it one little bit . I know you can't argue with his track record BUT there is just something wrong with his management skills - big time .

Return to “The Square Ball”