Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:42 pm

tommydski wrote:Bradfelona manager Phil Parkinson currently being touted as a replacement for Appleton at Blackpool.


Think if I was him, I'd be staying put until the league cup run ends.

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Tommy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:47 pm

I think if I was him I'd cut my losses, take the Blackpool job, flog Ince and buy Bradfelona's Messi aka Nahki Wells.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:12 pm

tommydski wrote:I think if I was him I'd cut my losses, take the Blackpool job, flog Ince and buy Bradfelona's Messi aka Nahki Wells.

Again, if I was Wells, I'd be going nowhere before the 2nd leg of the cup semi final - if they get to wembley, I wouldn't want to leave for anyone mid season (on the basis of being a league two player and therefore not especially likely to get the chance to play in a major final many times during my career).

User avatar
gazurtoids
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 am

Re: The Sack Race

Postby gazurtoids » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Swanselona, Bradfelona :puker:

Knock it off, eh chaps?

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Tommy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 pm

I called them Bradfelona as a joke because of all the ridiculously inflated press they've been getting.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Ponte » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 pm

gazurtoids wrote:Swanselona, Bradfelona :puker:

Knock it off, eh chaps?


We should take a tag name from the Argentinian club Club Deportivo Morón?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
thechubbyone
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:18 am

Re: The Sack Race

Postby thechubbyone » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:12 pm

tommydski wrote:Bradfelona manager Phil Parkinson currently being touted as a replacement for Appleton at Blackpool.

That would be another stupid appointment. He got Colchester promoted years ago but until this Bradford cup run he's done nothing of note.

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Tommy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:18 pm

In the long run this can only benefit us. There's an awful lot of managerial faffing about going on amongst many of the teams you'd expect us to be competing with for a top six finish.

Fax Man
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Fax Man » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

You've got to imagine Sean O'Driscoll will be Blackpool's main target. He's perfect for them.

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Derek McInnes has been sacked by Bristol City.

:salute:

User avatar
gazurtoids
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 am

Re: The Sack Race

Postby gazurtoids » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:49 pm

tommydski wrote:Derek McInnes has been sacked by Bristol City.

:salute:


Not too far from Cornwall, Bristol, is it?

Fax Man
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Fax Man » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:54 pm

gazurtoids wrote:
tommydski wrote:Derek McInnes has been sacked by Bristol City.

:salute:


Not too far from Cornwall, Bristol, is it?


Might struggle to get his eighth promotion from bottom of the table.

User avatar
gazurtoids
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 am

Re: The Sack Race

Postby gazurtoids » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Fax Man wrote:
gazurtoids wrote:
tommydski wrote:Derek McInnes has been sacked by Bristol City.

:salute:


Not too far from Cornwall, Bristol, is it?


Might struggle to get his eighth promotion from bottom of the table.


He'll have a cracking chance next season though.

You know it makes sense, Neil.

User avatar
Tommy
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Michael Appleton a shoe-in for the Brizzle job I reckon.

User avatar
Billy Casper
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Billy Casper » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Every time this gets hoofed up a bit I hope - it's the hope that kills you....

In 40+ years, Colin is the only I manager I have wanted to get the sack... Wise, Blackwell and the beloved Redders are above my rating of this prat we have at the moment. Said before the club is too big for him and he is a clueless embarrassment.

Time to go Colin, you fleecing fuckwit
No Skuche ala Gats

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: The Sack Race

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Colin could be next after losing to barnslelona,

'ave it gaz :)

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm

welshwhite wrote:Colin could be next after losing to barnslelona,

'ave it gaz :)

That's Tarncelona in Barnsley speak.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Billy Casper wrote:Every time this gets hoofed up a bit I hope - it's the hope that kills you....

In 40+ years, Colin is the only I manager I have wanted to get the sack... Wise, Blackwell and the beloved Redders are above my rating of this prat we have at the moment. Said before the club is too big for him and he is a clueless embarrassment.

Time to go Colin, you fleecing fuckwit


Venables?

User avatar
Billy Casper
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Billy Casper » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Billy Casper wrote:Every time this gets hoofed up a bit I hope - it's the hope that kills you....

In 40+ years, Colin is the only I manager I have wanted to get the sack... Wise, Blackwell and the beloved Redders are above my rating of this prat we have at the moment. Said before the club is too big for him and he is a clueless embarrassment.

Time to go Colin, you fleecing fuckwit


Venables?


Missed that post 2002 or whenever it was, but Very Terribles is a good call. Are they not very similar in how they've been sold to the fans? And actually how shit they are?
No Skuche ala Gats

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm

It's stunned me that reading that, my first thought was that it was unfair on Terribles, as he had genuinely looked like he hadn't known what he was getting into, and was working it out in gum-baring detail on the touchline. This fucker is starting to look like he has quit already.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Proud to be Leeds and 9 guests