Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
PETER O'POOLE

Re: The Sack Race

Postby PETER O'POOLE » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Mutual Consent? Was it fuck....

All of a sudden they looked at the League Table and saw they were only one place above Leeds.

They hadn't realise things had got so bad.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Chatting to a Forest colleague, and he's heard rumour they want to get in the Kuwaiti national coach (an eastern european type innit?).

Not that their horizons are pathetically limited...

suggested Colin instead, he laughed :cry:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

LSD&2Es

The Sack Race

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Can we get Keith Curle in to assist Colin. He seems to be the reason QPR played decent stuff
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:05 am

LSD&2Es wrote:Can we get Keith Curle in to assist Colin. He seems to be the reason QPR played decent stuff

He's just been sacked, so he's available. [I'm guessing you know this, but maybe others don't.]

LSD&2Es

The Sack Race

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 am

dirty leeds wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:Can we get Keith Curle in to assist Colin. He seems to be the reason QPR played decent stuff

He's just been sacked, so he's available. [I'm guessing you know this, but maybe others don't.]

Yeah, I heard. I was pretty disappointed when he turned down the chance to come with Colin initially as I think he made that partnership work.
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Reports today Billy Davies turns down Blackpool "to persue another opportunity".................... Forest? :scratch:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Reports today Billy Davies turns down Blackpool "to persue another opportunity".................... Forest? :scratch:

They're desperate for him, aren't they? That was what someone told me, to bolt the wheels back on.

Personally I think they should. Mainly cos it won't work.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Reports today Billy Davies turns down Blackpool "to persue another opportunity".................... Forest? :scratch:

They're desperate for him, aren't they? That was what someone told me, to bolt the wheels back on.

Personally I think they should. Mainly cos it won't work.

It's very funny just how much he's loved by the Forest fans. Every vacancy since his departure, his has been the first name on everyone's lips. I remember little more than constant whinging about transfer funds personally, but he had em in the playoffs a couple of times and they nosedived after he left.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm

I was chatting with some around the time Calderwood got dumped, and beforehand they were saying stuff like "Fuck off scots cunt", few games of Pembo after his sacking and it was "Come back, all is forgiven".

Fickle cunts. It's this tendency I've worried we were getting close to as a club...

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:29 pm

I don't expect this to end well...

Billy Davies has completed his return to Nottingham Forest after being confirmed as the replacement for Alex McLeish. Davies, who was sacked by Forest's old regime in June 2011, held talks with the Forest chairman, Fawaz al-Hasawi, on Wednesday and then confirmed he would take over at the City Ground.

Hasawi told the club's website: "I'm delighted to welcome Billy back to our club and really look forward to working closely with him. Billy has unfinished business with the Reds and we know how hungry he is for success.

"In returning to the City Ground we believe his leadership will help us fulfil our ambition of making it to the Premier League. Billy is a Forest legend who needs no introduction to our loyal fans. We know how excited he is to pick up where he left off last time and we will back him 110% – this is a very exciting appointment for us."
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now watch the little shit prove me wrong and get them back up...

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 pm

I really really hope he crashes and burns.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm

It seems as though the current owners aren't exactly the easiest people to work with so I'd suggest that's a strong possibility.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 am

Man Called Sun wrote:I don't expect this to end well...

Billy Davies has completed his return to Nottingham Forest after being confirmed as the replacement for Alex McLeish. Davies, who was sacked by Forest's old regime in June 2011, held talks with the Forest chairman, Fawaz al-Hasawi, on Wednesday and then confirmed he would take over at the City Ground.

Hasawi told the club's website: "I'm delighted to welcome Billy back to our club and really look forward to working closely with him. Billy has unfinished business with the Reds and we know how hungry he is for success.

"In returning to the City Ground we believe his leadership will help us fulfil our ambition of making it to the Premier League. Billy is a Forest legend who needs no introduction to our loyal fans. We know how excited he is to pick up where he left off last time and we will back him 110% – this is a very exciting appointment for us."

So will they back him 111%? This is going to end in tears.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Congratulations Brian McDermott, you are the latest to win the Sack Race. :salute:

I don't know 'owt about him, is he a reasonable candidate for the Leeds job at the end of the season?

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Nah.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:16 pm

gazurtoids wrote:Nah.

Oh, I think he's 'reasonable' Gaz. Not great, but certainly reasonable.
HM Collector Of Parcels

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Reading could be a good place for Colin to end up: on the way to Cornwall[-ish].

Or upstairs at Southampton?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 pm

tommydski wrote:Congratulations Brian McDermott, you are the latest to win the Sack Race. :salute:

I don't know 'owt about him, is he a reasonable candidate for the Leeds job at the end of the season?

He'll do a good job somewhere, not convinced he'd be capable of it here. He belongs at a nice club, somewhere like Reading really, or Norwich.

Billy Casper

Postby Billy Casper » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
tommydski wrote:Congratulations Brian McDermott, you are the latest to win the Sack Race. :salute:

He'll do a good job somewhere, not convinced he'd be capable of it here. He belongs at a nice club, somewhere like Reading really, or Norwich.

We're a nice club...

Better recent record than Colon... Fuck it dip him at the deep side... He made our Gary look great in his twilight years. That vision with Colon's vision must be invaluable :mrgreen:
No Skuche ala Gats

Return to “The Square Ball”