Page 242 of 248

Dirty Music

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:31 pm
by Ontolly
I always thought a slag was someone who put it about. I think you’re referring to a slut.

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:06 pm
by Mustafaster
Ontolly wrote:I always thought a slag was someone who put it about. I think you’re referring to a slut.

slat slug slapper, slut, salop, slapper, slag ...

Guilty as charged m'lud.

TERF, misogynist, mos' likely racist.
I fuckin hate these culture war, bros.
>How 'bout...

These days, they do say .. you can jus self-identify ... anything you like, man.
You feel you a woman?
You a women
I is cool with that. Don't worry me none. Me, I born a working class straight white in Leeds. .. and I likes that pussy!
Indeed!

But see ..I ain't never felt comfortable in this skin. I always bin a outsider in Hawkswoth.
True.
White boy ... listen Big Bill Broonzy? Buddy Guy? SHEEEEIT! Don't got no friends.

Language most expressive? Well ...that be ebonics. No doubt! Brother ... they know. Aspect be one thing, time be another, indeed... ... an you bes' know ...

Me., I a bass man, so mos' closely identify with black American jazz musicians of the 60s and 70s. Thelonious ... man speak to my soul. Val Doonican not so much.
Mostly I find myself attracted to black womens.
So, I a black lesbian, trapped in the body of a straight white motha heterosexual.


It's tough being a misogynist, bro.

Dirty Music

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:48 am
by Ontolly
Yes but is Emma a floozy or a hussy or a harlot?

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:14 am
by eric olthwaite
Mustafaster wrote:
Ontolly wrote:I always thought a slag was someone who put it about. I think you’re referring to a slut.

slat slug slapper, slut, salop, slapper, slag ...

Guilty as charged m'lud.

TERF, misogynist, mos' likely racist.
I fuckin hate these culture war, bros.
>How 'bout...

These days, they do say .. you can jus self-identify ... anything you like, man.
You feel you a woman?
You a women
I is cool with that. Don't worry me none. Me, I born a working class straight white in Leeds. .. and I likes that pussy!
Indeed!

But see ..I ain't never felt comfortable in this skin. I always bin a outsider in Hawkswoth.
True.
White boy ... listen Big Bill Broonzy? Buddy Guy? SHEEEEIT! Don't got no friends.

Language most expressive? Well ...that be ebonics. No doubt! Brother ... they know. Aspect be one thing, time be another, indeed... ... an you bes' know ...

Me., I a bass man, so mos' closely identify with black American jazz musicians of the 60s and 70s. Thelonious ... man speak to my soul. Val Doonican not so much.
Mostly I find myself attracted to black womens.
So, I a black lesbian, trapped in the body of a straight white motha heterosexual.


It's tough being a misogynist, bro.


Did you forget to take your pills today Gramps?

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am
by Oheddieeddie

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 am
by dirty leeds
Ontolly wrote:Yes but is Emma a floozy or a hussy or a harlot?


She might only be a well-endowed flibbertigibbet. Just saying.

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:35 pm
by dirty leeds

Dirty Music

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:53 am
by Still Hates Gordon Watson
Gideon Coe’s been on holiday this week so I’ve needed to find an alternative soundtrack whilst working. Been working my way through an 82 hour Spotify playlist of the (available) songs that made John Peel’s Festive 50.

Started in 1980 and currently part way through 1985 and summat I’d never heard before came on and sounded pretty good. Amused to discover it was none other than OEE’s favourite Scots, Del Amitri.

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:53 pm
by the flying pig
Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Gideon Coe’s been on holiday this week so I’ve needed to find an alternative soundtrack whilst working. Been working my way through an 82 hour Spotify playlist of the (available) songs that made John Peel’s Festive 50.

Started in 1980 and currently part way through 1985 and summat I’d never heard before came on and sounded pretty good. Amused to discover it was none other than OEE’s favourite Scots, Del Amitri.


yeah? i assume you're talking about something from their first album, in fairness Mr Peel was not un-fond of championing any old shite provided that it was by a 'new artist'.

Dirty Music

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:19 pm
by Still Hates Gordon Watson
the flying pig wrote:
Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Gideon Coe’s been on holiday this week so I’ve needed to find an alternative soundtrack whilst working. Been working my way through an 82 hour Spotify playlist of the (available) songs that made John Peel’s Festive 50.

Started in 1980 and currently part way through 1985 and summat I’d never heard before came on and sounded pretty good. Amused to discover it was none other than OEE’s favourite Scots, Del Amitri.


yeah? i assume you're talking about something from their first album, in fairness Mr Peel was not un-fond of championing any old shite provided that it was by a 'new artist'.

Just had a look on Wikipedia and it was indeed one of the two singles released from their debut album. I was surprised to discover that the album of theirs I had on cassette back in 1989 (the once amusingly misspelt Wa(n)king Hours) was only their second album.

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:29 pm
by eric olthwaite
the flying pig wrote:in fairness Mr Peel was not un-fond of championing any old shite provided that it was by a 'new artist'.


Assume this is a dig at OEE, but a little unfair on music-loving Johnny Plee IMO, noting:

i) He did 8 hours a week of substantially new material for several decades. That required input measured in megatonnes.
ii) He wasn't without an ear / filter / quality control. Mate of mine tells a story of playing in a band in Brighton early eighties, getting a local following and releasing a couple of singles. Peel and Walters came to see them, apparently chucked their cassette out the car window (as told by Walters) somewhere on the way back up the A23.

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:19 pm
by the flying pig
Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:
the flying pig wrote:
Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Gideon Coe’s been on holiday this week so I’ve needed to find an alternative soundtrack whilst working. Been working my way through an 82 hour Spotify playlist of the (available) songs that made John Peel’s Festive 50.

Started in 1980 and currently part way through 1985 and summat I’d never heard before came on and sounded pretty good. Amused to discover it was none other than OEE’s favourite Scots, Del Amitri.


yeah? i assume you're talking about something from their first album, in fairness Mr Peel was not un-fond of championing any old shite provided that it was by a 'new artist'.

Just had a look on Wikipedia and it was indeed one of the two singles released from their debut album. I was surprised to discover that the album of theirs I had on cassette back in 1989 (the once amusingly misspelt Wa(n)king Hours) was only their second album.


i just checked the one you must mean, promo vid of a very young looking DA bare-chested [down, danny] digging up spuds in a field. it's in fairness far better than the dirges they'd later become [somewhat] successful on the back of.

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:08 pm
by eric olthwaite
Glorious, and Si Wolstencroft is a ringer for a certain baller.


Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:02 pm
by Ontolly
eric olthwaite wrote:Glorious, and Si Wolstencroft is a ringer for a certain baller.



Did you delete my post and Bastards thread?

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:07 pm
by dirty leeds
eric olthwaite wrote:Glorious, and Si Wolstencroft is a ringer for a certain baller.


Cheeky cunt. I'll have you banned for that. Anyway, my hair's different now.

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:22 pm
by welshwhite

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:15 pm
by Terre Harte II
The No. 1 album on the UK charts right now is “Goats Head Soup” by the Rolling Stones, one of my underrated faves, sort of the “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” of Stones albums. Not as good as the four albums that came before it, but that’s a high bar to clear, and it’s certainly far better then it’s reputation. Decadent in all of the right ways.

This has long been one of my favorite Stones tracks. Mick Taylor is brilliant on it, as he is all of the time. Maybe 2020 isn’t so bad after all?


Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:23 am
by Terre Harte II
Came across this during a Youtube search. Brilliant.


Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 am
by Tommy
Terre Harte II wrote:The No. 1 album on the UK charts right now is “Goats Head Soup” by the Rolling Stones

I remember having a conversation with a musician who was a friend of mine years ago and being surprised that he told me he'd become an 'Early' Stones guy. Like many, I've always been a 'Mid-Period' Stones sort, particularly Beggar's Banquet to Exile on Main Street and I remember thinking that I couldn't relate to his later life change of heart. As it happens in the last year or so I've become weirdly into the unfashionable 'Later Mid-Period' from Goats Head Soup to Tattoo You. There's indisputably some absolute pish in this run of records but there are also some legitimately great songs I'd largely never heard prior to becoming curious about exploring beyond the rightfully lauded Some Girls. It makes me wonder if at some point I'll investigate even further and become one of those people who insist they haven't lost a step etc.

Re: Dirty Music

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:43 pm
by Mustafaster
Thing about the stones is that there's so much landfill on their albums.
For every really good song ( and there are many) you get a dozen that they phoned in.
Poor quality control.