Dirty Music

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Dirty Music

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:15 pm

Terre Harte II wrote:Man. An entire page of Taylor Swift analysis and I get shit for liking one Nolans song? :lol:

And your point is?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Terre Harte II wrote:Man. An entire page of Taylor Swift analysis and I get shit for liking one Nolans song? :lol:

:D

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:41 pm

:lol:
I like it. What is it?

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:23 pm

Someone put this on our big 4K projector t'other day and it blew me away. I largely dislike music videos but this one is exceptional. Song is pretty great too.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Who produced the living bejesus into that? That's a fuckin tune.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:39 pm

It's a nice vid but the 'tune' is fucking shite.
Basically just Fatback's 'Bus Stop' with Chaka wailing about on top. Fuck all to it. One of her worst ever.
So there. And I LOVE Chaka, as a rule. [The rest of the album is crap too.]

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:47 pm

dirty leeds wrote:It's a nice vid but the 'tune' is fucking shite.
Basically just Fatback's 'Bus Stop' with Chaka wailing about on top. Fuck all to it. One of her worst ever.

Producers these days innit.
They get the latest version of Reaper and thousands of plug ins and chuck all manner of stuff at everything.
Just about everything you hear today is the work of a producer, not many people playing instruments.
Not saying that producers ain't musicians, they are.
But the result is that they are all using the same DAW and the same plug ins, so everything sounds very samey and generic.
At least we were spared the millennial whoop on that.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:07 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:It's a nice vid but the 'tune' is fucking shite.

Producers these days innit.
They get the latest version of Reaper and thousands of plug ins and chuck all manner of stuff at everything.
Just about everything you hear today is the work of a producer, not many people playing instruments.
Not saying that producers ain't musicians, they are.
But the result is that they are all using the same DAW and the same plug ins, so everything sounds very samey and generic.
At least we were spared the millennial whoop on that.

Yeah, it's Switch. Wish someone had turned the cunt off.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 pm

I'm tempted to make a cheap Old Men Yell At Sky jibe but will resist.

Thanks Dirty, always on the lookout for originals I'm ignorant of. Fat Larry's Gastric Band, you say...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:40 am

Blackwhite wrote:Who produced the living bejesus into that? That's a fuckin tune.

Someone from Major Lazer apparently. According to Metacritic the resulting album was just okay.

I think it's a good tune but it could be because I've watched the video about twenty times now.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:50 am

Tommy wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Who produced the living bejesus into that? That's a fuckin tune.

Someone from Major Lazer apparently. According to Metacritic the resulting album was just okay.

I think it's a good tune but it could be because I've watched the video about twenty times now.

It was shit.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:07 pm

Tommy wrote:Someone put this on our big 4K projector t'other day and it blew me away. I largely dislike music videos but this one is exceptional. Song is pretty great too.

As a minor by-the-by, if you're a fan of ridiculously over-produced music videos with intense choreo, Missy Elliot's Youtube channel is a fun rabbit hole.

And This Is America, obviously, and the several PhD's worth of material written about it
Member of a clique

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:23 pm

Yeah I liked that one too. And that's a good shout, I've always had a soft spot for Missy. She must be due an album by now.

I can't actually think of many music videos I like. The novelty ones often leave me cold and 'performance' ones are typically boring. I like the ones that capture the spirit of the song in some way (and there's no particular way to do that). Another example would be this -

Probably cost a few hundred quid but is exactly appropriate for the song.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Missy Elliott did chuck out an album lat year - Iconology - which I've not listened to in full.

On the general subject of classics, I saw one had been remastered for 4K recently, so stick this on your projector

Member of a clique

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Dirty Music

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:31 pm

Devi wrote:Borderline heretic perhaps, but Taylor Swift’s new album is outstanding.

There. I said it.

Late to the discussion as per usual as I’ve been away (and I’ve read the Tommyrot that followed this post) but I’m with you on this one, Devi - it’s a really, really good record indeed.

(And her show at Wembley a few years back was amazing too so good work on the Hyde Park one)

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Tommy wrote:No doubt it's great for the people who are into that sort of thing.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:23 am

#1 on iTunes
:salute: :cheers:

Gotta say, Jen gets a fantastic tone.
I'll take her before the hypermammary slag Emma Jones every day.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Ontolly

Dirty Music

Postby Ontolly » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:22 pm

Mustafaster wrote:#1 on iTunes

Do we have evidence that this Emma tart is an actual slag or is this further evidence of the kind of square ball misogyny that I have made it my life work to stamp out.?

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:#1 on iTunes

Do we have evidence that this Emma tart is an actual slag or is this further evidence of the kind of square ball misogyny that I have made it my life work to stamp out.?

I also have spent my entire adult life comabatting misogyny, so let's see who's more woke.

As so often the use of the word can bring confusion.
For me, it means sonebody who uses their sexuality as a way of life. Not necessarily a sex worker or promiscuous.
Contrast and compare with Jammin Jen.
One dresses to accentuate a bodily uniqueness that she was born with, that's her persona. She very purposely accentuates a freakish figure. Some people find this attractive. I don't, gotta admit, but it sure commands the attention, like if someone had absurdly long arms. I don't find her attractive, but can't help looking at this freakish attribute. Two massive balls of ..well... fat ... hanging off her front, supported by some kind of hidden cantilever apparatus.
It's circus freakery. I am not seeing anything other than her hypermammary conformation that would make her worthy of attention. She offers no insight. In fact the opposite. Anyone trapped in the gravitational pull of her tits is rendered inarticulate.
This is a fleeting blessing.
Gravity, dear, girl, gravity.
But, her USP is her phenomenal tits. There's no way around that. She has nothing else.
Total respect, she is making the most of her attributes, waving her tits in front of mesmerised blokes.
There are plenty of women with great tits. Not all of them use it to make a living. She does. Fair enough, we all do what we can to pay the bills, but if you use your tits as your main USP, that makes you a slag imo.
You may disagree.
I don't think that pointing out the painfully bleedin obvious make me a misogynist. Some women use their sexuality to make a living. So do some men, but far fewer.
In my parlance, exaggerating and accentuating your sexual attractiveness as your primary way to make a living makes you a slag. Male or female ... or whatever gender you choose.
It's legitimate and valid.
There is nothing wrong with making yourself look good.

Jammin Jema on the other hand has studied for years to be a bloody ace musician, producing that fantastic tone from a sax is a not a freakish result of your phenotype. She sounds like Junior Walker FFS. You don't wake up one morning and find you are an ace sax player. Years of hard graft, sister, years and years. Curiously, at Leeds College of Music, a very fine institution.
She makes her living from her talent and hard work, not her wardrobe.
She is very attractive, but she is not a slag.

Both are valid ways to pay the bills.

I prefer the latter, m'lud, but I fear another Terfwar coming on.
I am clearly a misogynist of the worst kind.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:01 pm

Anyone got the number for Operation Yewtree?

Return to “The Square Ball”