Dirty Music

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Dirty Music

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 10, 2019 12:09 pm

People have tried to sell those Concord cunts to me multiple times.

Death from plague is funnier than comedy music.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri May 10, 2019 12:32 pm

I feel like great music can be incidentally or subversively humourous but if it's the primary function, I usually can't stomach it.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Tommy wrote:I feel like great music can be incidentally or subversively humourous but if it's the primary function, I usually can't stomach it.

Exactly.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun May 12, 2019 9:12 am

Latest Eurovision odds on bet 365:

Top 10:
Netherlands 3.25
Sweden 4.33
Russia 7.5
France 10
Azerbaijan 10
Malta 12
Italy 13
Australia 17
Switzerland 19
Iceland 23.................

........UK 126

God’s Own Country certainly taking a risk with a bold entry this year. If you listen carefully you can certainly detect a hint of Frank Zappa.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 12, 2019 9:23 am

Nothing there the quality of the great ABBA, it has to be said.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun May 12, 2019 9:30 am

dirty leeds wrote:Nothing there the quality of the great ABBA, it has to be said.

I submitted some lyrics for Team Aussie this year but they were rejected as being too dull, tedious and utterly naff. I was disappointed - I’d been working on them for a while. About a mate of mine I often see down on the wharf. He just sits there all day watching the tide come in and out. He watches the same boats roll in that he saw roll out earlier in the day. I guess they are really naff lyrics but I just feel sorry for him because he’s not got much to live for and is just wasting his time. Ah well, maybe next year.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 12, 2019 10:01 am

Good luck, Vamps.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun May 12, 2019 10:20 am

dirty leeds wrote:Good luck, Vamps.

Should I persist with my lyrics, DL? If they’re as naff as I’ve been told can you think of a way to improve them?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 12, 2019 10:24 am

No. Go to bed.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 am

Frank did do a Eurovision entry but lost out to Rolf Harris.

Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun May 12, 2019 11:06 am

Mustafaster wrote:Frank did do a Eurovision entry but lost out to Rolf Harris.

As you often tell us, Musta, Frank got there first.
:mrgreen:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun May 12, 2019 11:13 am

Is it just me but I'm hearing quite a lot of motown in that?

Produced by Phil Spector maybe?

It sounds like a blatent rip-off of Goin' to the chapel...

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun May 12, 2019 12:16 pm

welshwhite wrote:Is it just me but I'm hearing quite a lot of motown in that?

Produced by Phil Spector maybe?

It sounds like a blatent rip-off of Goin' to the chapel...

Nor much gets past you, Taffy.
:salute:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 am

Kate Miller Heidker storming up to third in the bookies odds after last nights semi final performance. The judges must have got those subtle Zappa influences.

Latest odds on Bet365:

Netherlands 3-1
Sweden 6-1
Australia 7-1
Russia 10-1
France 10-1

UK 151-1

Hoping tonight’s semi final v Derby goes as well!
:thumbl:

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed May 15, 2019 5:54 am

Moving away from the Eurovision theme (I hope)... any love on here for Lewis Taylor? Mid Nineties - mid Noughties, fitst LP was fantastic blue-eyed soul , the records morphed gradually through a more contemporary soul sound and ending up with a more "chamber pop" LP, in other words the best Beach Boys / Jimmy Webb album you've never heard.

He's a big favourite of mine but he totally dropped off the planet after years of fuck all recognition (although he arranged that massive Gnarls Barkley record a while back). If I hear a song of his on Shuffle I just have to hear ten more.

First LP

last "lost" LP

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 15, 2019 6:46 am

Yes mate, I knew Lewis a bit back when he started out with Island Records. Interviewed him a few times. In fact, now I think about it, I wrote his first press biog, based on a a visit to his then attic studio somewhere in north London. He was/is very talented but absolutely hated the music industry and didn't/couldn't last very long in it. He refuses all interviews these days and mostly doesn't work with anyone who actually wants him to.
He made some very good music at one time. Personally, I preferred his more souly stuff - kinda lost interest when it got more weird.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 am

dirty leeds wrote:Yes mate, I knew Lewis a bit back when he started out with Island Records. Interviewed him a few times. In fact, now I think about it, I wrote his first press biog, based on a a visit to his then attic studio somewhere in north London. He was/is very talented but absolutely hated the music industry and didn't/couldn't last very long in it. He refuses all interviews these days and mostly doesn't work with anyone who actually wants him to.

Wow. Nice.
Last one I read was a few years ago, I think he's a plumber or something in France now. Probably a lot happier too.

He made some very good music at one time. Personally, I preferred his more souly stuff - kinda lost interest when it got more weird.

I like weird :D

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Thought this was funny:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat May 18, 2019 5:00 am

dirty leeds wrote:Thought this was funny:

Side splitting.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat May 18, 2019 5:11 am

dirty leeds wrote:Thought this was funny:

Side splitting.

Return to “The Square Ball”