Dirty Music

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: Dirty Music

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:07 pm

dirty leeds wrote:The whole Quincy J interview is worth a read. The Beatles part ain't nothin': http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-j ... ation.html

It's easy to take the piss out of Ringo ( What's the difference between Ringo and a foot massage?)
But when he starts dissing McCartney as a bassist I have no choice but to say.
OI! Jones!
Whilst I respect your ability as an arranger, and agree your production work with Michael Jackson was superb, if you come round here with your rhinestone and glitter saying that McCartney was anything other than revolutionary as a bassist, ignoring his contribution to modal bass figures in popular music, I have to say
NO!
You can take your endlessly repetitive synthesized bass loops and shove em up your saturated compression.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Pryor-Brando is a fucking :shock: :lol:

Pitcher/catcher hard to guess...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Pryor-Brando is a fucking :shock: :lol:

Pitcher/catcher hard to guess...

I doubt the Marvin Gaye reference. Certainly news to me and both the David Ritz book and his ex-wife Jan's book say far more candid shit about him than that.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:30 pm

In a nutshell:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:In a nutshell:

:mrgreen:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:50 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:In a nutshell:

:mrgreen: #metoo

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Dirty Music

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Came across this recently.
Blimey!

Ha, I hadn’t seen this when I just posted in the Radz thread. Sitting on a train up to Newcastle catching up on TSB and listening to the Unthanks before heading up into Northumberland for a singing weekend with the band tomorrow. Slightly nervous, not least due to my lack of singing ability, but really fucking looking forward to it.

Hadn’t actually seen that video but did see them play it with the Brighouse and Rastrick when they toured that album. And that there is one of the best things they’ve ever done for sure.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:11 am

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:The whole Quincy J interview is worth a read. The Beatles part ain't nothin': http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-j ... ation.html

It's easy to take the piss out of Ringo ( What's the difference between Ringo and a foot massage?)
OI! Jones!
Whilst I respect your ability as an arranger, and agree your production work with Michael Jackson was superb, if you come round here with your rhinestone and glitter saying that McCartney was anything other than revolutionary as a bassist, ignoring his contribution to modal bass figures in popular music, I have to say
NO!
You can take your endlessly repetitive synthesized bass loops and shove em up your saturated compression.

Bass players you say Musta? Poor off Bill might have been overdressed for the temperature in the studio but never ever can there have been a more laid back, cooler back up band than this.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:29 pm

And whilst on the subject of cool, I had a soft spot for Gladys when I were a young 'un, but is there a job a grown man shouldn't do? Hell no, those Pips are cooler than fuck.
But stone me, stay with it and have a jaw drop moment as you see who she's playing to....they had no idea what they were witnessing!

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Came across this recently.
Blimey!

Blimey O'Reilly indeed. Never heard of them before Musta, cheers for the post.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:14 am

I am going to see Mr Kendrick Lamar next week. Tour’s getting 5* reviews everywhere.

I am quite excited.

Munson

Postby Munson » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:18 am

Tycipa wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:

OI! Jones!
NO!

Bass players you say Musta? Poor off Bill might have been overdressed for the temperature in the studio but never ever can there have been a more laid back, cooler back up band than this.

:thumbl: :thumbl: :thumbl:

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Munson

Postby Munson » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:03 am

Mustafaster wrote:https://youtu.be/nXYi_jHYZZo

You ok hun?

Things are never as bad as they seem and you know its always darkest just before the dawn.

There's so much to look forward to. There's er, erm, Brizzle on Sunday...oh, feck.

Pass the horse and the razors musta and crank it up...

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:32 am

Munson wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:https://youtu.be/nXYi_jHYZZo

You ok hun?

Things are never as bad as they seem and you know its always darkest just before the dawn.

There's so much to look forward to. There's er, erm, Brizzle on Sunday...oh, feck.

Pass the horse and the razors musta and crank it up...

You want miserable?

Remember kids, it's down the road, not across the street.
Gonna miss Brizzle, got a gig this evening.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:

OI! Jones!
NO!

This is a fuckin classical classic.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 am

A good thing about Nina Simone on the Queen's Beeb: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... ee-you-now
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Prince-ess:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:50 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Prince-ess:

Really like that chick. Tightrope still gets me tapping.

ETA, good interview with her today in the graun

Return to “The Square Ball”