Stupid cunts (sponsored by kennyb41)

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Vampire

Re: Stupid cunts (sponsored by kennyb41)

Postby Vampire » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:01 am

welshwhite wrote:I rate you as a poster, B. You're the only one to get remotely close on all things brexit so far.

Hooray for Brett :salute:

:lol:

If that’s an example of your Valleees sarcasm Rhys, I draw your attention to my first post on page one of the Brexit thread (before the Parliamentary debate on May’s Deal had started).

It wasn’t that far wrong (especially when compared with others) was it?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:38 pm

I've just read that post, young Brett. You were right on the button (again).

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am

Journalist murdered on the streets of Derry.
:puker:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:56 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Journalist murdered on the streets of Derry.
:puker:

Wrong thread Musta, cunts thread for these bastards.
Andymac

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Thu May 09, 2019 5:26 am

Australians eh

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... lion-times

"The $50 note is the most widely circulated banknote" - I almost never see an English £50. Must be the thriving economy down there.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 09, 2019 6:58 am

Matt White wrote:Australians eh

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... lion-times

"The $50 note is the most widely circulated banknote" - I almost never see an English £50. Must be the thriving economy down there.

Nice that the note has a pic of Edith Cowan, Australia’s first member of parliament to not curl one out on her desk.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Thu May 09, 2019 9:58 am

Blackwhite wrote:Nice that the note has a pic of Edith Cowan, Australia’s first member of parliament to not curl one out on her desk.

Citation please :D

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu May 09, 2019 10:05 am

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 am

Fuck me that's about the fifth time he's been fired from the BBC.

I used to listen to him on GLR but he has become a celebwhore basically since he joined twitter, only responding to other famous people. A friend of mine who worked with some of his Millwall mates claims they said that "it was often hard to hear him cos his head was so far up his own arse" :)

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu May 09, 2019 10:51 am

I am a bit surprised by this, though. I mean, he always seemed to give off a faint lefty/labour air, so just assumed he wasn't racist as part of the package. I'm not really buying the explanation he has given either: fuck's sake, these days you'd have to be a massively thick cunt not to realise that monkey jokes should not be aimed anywhere near black people under any circs, and he doesn't appear to be massively thick. And surely, being a Millwall fan, he's heard the monkey chants? Even if he actually did have something else in mind, how on earth has he not realised that everybody will take it as straight racist? Because it is.
Whole thing is weird.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 09, 2019 10:53 am

Matt White wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Nice that the note has a pic of Edith Cowan, Australia’s first member of parliament to not curl one out on her desk.

Citation please :D

Apologies, fact-checkers have confirmed that in fact she pebble-dashed her desk on the way out after failing to get re-elected.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu May 09, 2019 11:31 am

Big fan of Baker, like to hope he’s being truthful in his protestations. Hopefully his podcast with Lineker continues.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu May 09, 2019 11:33 am

He's just done an interview with James O'Brien in which he says he had no idea that Meghan was mixed race because he has no interest in the royal family. I suppose that could be true.

London_White

Postby London_White » Thu May 09, 2019 1:44 pm

dirty leeds wrote:He's just done an interview with James O'Brien in which he says he had no idea that Meghan was mixed race because he has no interest in the royal family. I suppose that could be true.

Well I might get away with that (I had no idea either) but as a journalist (of sorts) and a national broadcaster he really ought to be more careful before posting anything with a chimp in it

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Thu May 09, 2019 1:51 pm

dirty leeds wrote:He's just done an interview with James O'Brien in which he says he had no idea that Meghan was mixed race because he has no interest in the royal family

:lol:
Did the same guy tweet stuff about Leeds fans getting stabbed?
#MOT #GAWA

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu May 09, 2019 2:22 pm

I mean, the key thing about this seems to be that it's not like there's actually a requirement for any 'celeb' to shitpost anything on social media, and those that choose to are really under obligation to know that posting anything with the potential to be misinterpreted is going to get them twatted inside out.

The old DIY rule was 'measure twice, cut once.' The new social media rule is 'draft twice, post once'.

He needs to go and watch that Family Guy episode where Brian fucks up.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu May 09, 2019 6:17 pm

For reference. A Millwall fan who claimed to have no reason to think stabbing references regarding LUFC could be questionable.

Right.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 09, 2019 6:49 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:For reference. A Millwall fan who claimed to have no reason to think stabbing references regarding LUFC could be questionable.

Right.

It's a bit wrong but I think justified in the circumstances to relate that his oncologist apologised when diagnosing him, but to the tumour.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu May 09, 2019 9:05 pm

never liked him, but what i saw when he was on i'm a celeb hardened my standpoint. the bloke went from cheerful cockernee to easily affronted bully at the drop of a hat. rightfully voted out very quickly. a very ugly person, absolute cunt is spot on.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri May 10, 2019 9:02 am

Aye, he definitely would have known about the stabbings references not being OK due to what happened over in Turkey.
So that's definitely a cunt's trick.

Re the claim not to have known about Meghan's heritage, if he had known and still did it, it would have been career suicide. I don't think he's that stupid not to have known that. On that basis, I think I believe him.
So, on the one hand probably not a racist, on the other I can't be too upset he's catching shit after the badge gag.

Interesting how the argument has gone generally, though. Like all such social media storms, the actual thing at the core gets lost in the massive pile-on, with plenty of people still arguing about stuff like, 'How can he not have known that it's racist to make comments about monkeys and black people?' [Answer: he does know. That's not what he's saying] Or, 'Does he think my children look like monkeys?' [Answer: no he doesn't.]
The only real issue is, do you believe him when he says he didn't know about Meghan's mixed race heritage? If he did he's a racist liar. If he didn't, he wasn't being racist at all. I guess only Danny Baker and his close friends/family know whether or not he's telling the truth about that. Like I say, I tend to believe him, but I can see why loads wouldn't.

Return to “The Square Ball”