The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 08, 2019 10:19 am

I did appreciate the comment that it's worth it for the fact that you'll walk into a pub in Liverpool in twenty years' time and all the lads will be called Divock.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 08, 2019 11:05 am

Two of my mates support Liverpool. They are both from London.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 am

Yeah, fair point. Two ex-work colleagues of mine are die hard Cess: one from Worthing, the other from Leytonstone.

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Tycipa » Wed May 08, 2019 11:18 am

There are lads and lasses on here who are not from Leeds....and your point is?
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
Matt White
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 pm
Location: God's own Essex

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Matt White » Wed May 08, 2019 11:23 am

I support Leeds and live in Essex, is that allowed?

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 08, 2019 11:34 am

My point was simply that, for all the allegedly "whining" or perhaps "gloating" scousers out there, the only two Liverpool fans I know are nowt like that. They're not even scousers. I have no issue at all with Liverpool. I like Klopp. I like Milner. I hope they win both cup and league. If that was us doing it last night, we'd all be delighted.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 08, 2019 11:37 am

dirty leeds wrote:I hope they win both cup and league.


I hope Ajax win the cup and I can't really think of a reason to care who wins the league.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 08, 2019 11:38 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:I hope they win both cup and league.


I hope Ajax win the cup and I can't really think of a reason to care who wins the league.


Fair enough. I'd like to see Spurs make it through, but [I suspect same as you] I don't actually care about any of 'em.

Clacton white
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:19 am

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Clacton white » Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 am

Matt White wrote:I support Leeds and live in Essex, is that allowed?

Me too , though I'm originally from Brum .

Clacton white
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:19 am

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Clacton white » Wed May 08, 2019 11:57 am

dirty leeds wrote:My point was simply that, for all the allegedly "whining" or perhaps "gloating" scousers out there, the only two Liverpool fans I know are nowt like that. They're not even scousers. I have no issue at all with Liverpool. I like Klopp. I like Milner. I hope they win both cup and league. If that was us doing it last night, we'd all be delighted.

Klopp is a bit like Mourinho when he first came to England. A bit different and a breath of fresh air.....then he disappeared up his own arsehole and believed the hype . Klopp I'd hope stays himself , Mourinho now is a complete arsehole IMO .

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Tycipa » Wed May 08, 2019 12:04 pm

dirty leeds wrote:My point was simply that, for all the allegedly "whining" or perhaps "gloating" scousers out there, the only two Liverpool fans I know are nowt like that. They're not even scousers. I have no issue at all with Liverpool. I like Klopp. I like Milner. I hope they win both cup and league. If that was us doing it last night, we'd all be delighted.

Fair play Dirty. All clubs have whiners and gloaters, some even come on here. :mrgreen:
I know two Liverpool fans.
One was born in Sussex and is a smug cunt. He’d still be a smug cunt even if he supported Accrington Stanley.
The other is Liverpool born and just loves his club. He’s OK.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
Matt White
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 pm
Location: God's own Essex

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Matt White » Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm

As above, I have no problem with the club, but the fans - quite apart from the victim "trading on tragedy" thing (not to rake up old news :D) - I know are loudmouth know-alls.

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby MightyWhite » Wed May 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Let’s be honest, there’s about a fraction of a degree difference between the collective Liverpool and Leeds fan bases. Just go on Twitter and see how most of our lot talk, with the paranoia and so on. We probably get more of a pass because there’s more of them cunts. Plus, ya know, accent.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby jackos » Wed May 08, 2019 7:03 pm

MightyWhite wrote: Plus, ya know, accent.


Accent? Most people on my wife's side of the family dont understand a word folks from Leeds say, so I dont think accents a differentiator... They cant tell a scouser from a Loiner, from a Geordie unless you point it out.

Anyway- COME ON AJAX!!!!

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby jackos » Wed May 08, 2019 7:10 pm

Someone should tell the spurts that the game has started ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Tycipa » Wed May 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Stick your corporate CL up your arse UEFA...

from the BBC

Liverpool have been allocated 16,613 tickets for the Champions League final in Madrid, approximately 24% of the Estadio Metropolitano's capacity.

The cheapest are £60, but only account for 20% of the Reds' allocation, with 54% of tickets priced at £154, 21% at £385 and 5% at £513
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Spurs has two great chances to equalise there and now it's gone. Ah well, Liverpool v Ajax will be a good final.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Or not! Brilliant second half.

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby MightyWhite » Wed May 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Let's just shut football down now, it's not beating the last two nights
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Wing Wizard
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:48 am

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Wing Wizard » Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Remarkable performance from both English teams, well deserved!


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests