The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 pm

How wrong I was. Liverpool v Roma it is.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 pm

dirty leeds wrote:How wrong I was. Liverpool v Roma it is.

Of course you were. The 'romance' of 1984, Grobelaar's wobbly legs, jumpers for goalposts. How could it be any other way? The Illuminati are scousers.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Salah is in ballon d'or form, Liverpool in BAROMETER nick.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:33 pm

By my maths they're in a weaker position than Barcelona were after the first leg
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Yep. Out in the second leg, I reckon.
I like it. What is it?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Yeah, it's a very good result but not a great one. Two and a half goal lead effectively.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:45 pm

the flying pig wrote:Yeah, it's a very good result but not a great one. Two and a half goal lead effectively.

Mr R needs to see you after class. Hope they get an early goal in the second leg and lose 4-1. That would be great telly :mrgreen:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:16 am

I loved it and hope they win the thing. They'll score in Rome. Salah and Firmino were outstanding and that lad Milner played very well too. Couldn't believe how wrong the Roma coach got his tactics - and also how slow Klopp was to shut up shop at 5-0. A great watch.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 am

dirty leeds wrote:I loved it and hope they win the thing. They'll score in Rome. Salah and Firmino were outstanding and that lad Milner played very well too. Couldn't believe how wrong the Roma coach got his tactics - and also how slow Klopp was to shut up shop at 5-0. A great watch.

Didn’t see it DL but I’m with you, you always support the British teams no matter who they are; old school maybe given that the only British thing nowadays is the name of the team.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:37 am

Tycipa wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:I loved it and hope they win the thing. They'll score in Rome. Salah and Firmino were outstanding and that lad Milner played very well too. Couldn't believe how wrong the Roma coach got his tactics - and also how slow Klopp was to shut up shop at 5-0. A great watch.

Didn’t see it DL but I’m with you, you always support the British teams no matter who they are; old school maybe given that the only British thing nowadays is the name of the team.

Yeah, it stems from that old-school thing. I suppose it's about familiarity with the players, too. Of 'our' teams this past season, I've especially enjoyed the way Spurs and Liverpool have played. Neither is perfect, but they give it a real go, in a swashbuckling style, allied to a fair amount of skill and a couple or more 'special' players. More fun to watch than Citeh and obviously way better than Man United, Chelsea or The Arse.

FER

Postby FER » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:40 am

Fuck that shit! Forza Roma! Screw the bin-dipping cunts! Second leg should be 3-0, with the third scored in the dying seconds as Luckypool are scrabbling around in defence, praying they'll hold on.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:10 pm

FER wrote:Fuck that shit! Forza Roma! Screw the bin-dipping cunts! Second leg should be 3-0, with the third scored in the dying seconds as Luckypool are scrabbling around in defence, praying they'll hold on.

:cheers:
I would side with our fellow countrymen but I fucking hate Liverpool FC and scousers.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:15 pm

The most deluded fans in the world. Fuck 'em.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:57 pm

tonight's arsenal euro vase game is about a polar opposite to tuesday's liverpool game. arsenal struggling to hurt a 10 man athletico [and finishing badly when they do], athletico hanging on grimly, overall it's fairly dreary stuff.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:11 pm

the flying pig wrote:tonight's arsenal euro vase game is about a polar opposite to tuesday's liverpool game. arsenal struggling to hurt a 10 man athletico [and finishing badly when they do], athletico hanging on grimly, overall it's fairly dreary stuff.

There's me thinking it was a decent game.

One of the highlights is the prominence of athletico's assistant manager since simeone's been sent off, a living incarnation of captain caveman.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:05 am

Yeah, I quite enjoyed it too. OK, it was fuck all like the Liverpool match, but interesting in its own way. Atletico - and it IS Atletico, you fucking heathens - came out far too aggressively, got their just deserts [which was hilarious] and The Arse took over. They should have been two goals clear by half time, then maybe another goal ahead by full time. Instead they got mugged, mostly due to their own carelessness. If that had been my team fucking it up I'd have been furious. And if I'd supported Atletico, I'd have been laughing my head off.

Anyway, I'm off to the races today, for the first time in my life. A free private box with grub thrown in jobbie, at Sandown Park. Free travel down there on the Old Man's Pass and tips supplied by my partner at the mag, who is a massive horse racing freak [and knows load about it]. Probably come back loaded. In every sense.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:26 am

Quiffy wrote:One of the highlights is the prominence of athletico's assistant manager since simeone's been sent off, a living incarnation of captain caveman.

He reminded me of Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men. You'd just be inclined to steer clear.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:38 am

Ooh, Neil Warnock is here at Sandown, in the same suite. Messages?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:44 am

dirty leeds wrote:Ooh, Neil Warnock is here at Sandown, in the same suite. Messages?

What's his favourite torch song for the big finale of his drag act?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

thechubbyone

Postby thechubbyone » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:50 am

dirty leeds wrote:Ooh, Neil Warnock is here at Sandown, in the same suite. Messages?

I'm imaging this as you try to ask him questions.

Return to “The Square Ball”