The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby the flying pig » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:10 am

AndyPaul wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:Copper died in the violence provoked by Spartak nutters in Bilbao last night.
These fuckers cause utter havoc wherever they go, terrorising cities, costing a fortune.
How the fuck are they still allowed in UEFA competitions?

World cup should be a barrel of laughs.

Yeah, any fans going over there for the World Cup aren’t brave, just bloody stupid. Especially if they already have a certain reputation like the English or Germans

well, we're talking about england supporters.

but i agree, though, easy to predict very many england fans coming off badly this summer, at the hands of police & hoolies in equal measures, no doubt plenty of it both deserved and undeserved.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:14 pm

THAT Ronaldo overhead is a thing of utter beauty.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Somehow pleased to see citeh's shitbags losing so badly against liverpool's marginally less obscenely expensive band of random foreign mercenaries... and tbf Liverpool's brits, including our own jimmy M, are all playing well.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Love watching miliner can't wait till he returns and leads us to promotion. Shame it's probably 5 years away :(

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:24 am

Having seen the footage of the Man City coach arriving at Anfield, is it just me who quite likes that sort of thing, within reason? Obviously if someone is badly hurt it's a whole other story (and on today of all days we remember how terrible it is when taken too far) but doing your part as fans by making sure that the visitors receive a 'warm' welcome strikes me as basically fair enough. They had a mountain to climb getting any sort of result against a City side who have been absolutely dominant for most of this season and I can't help but think they were at least partially rattled by the reception. I have no great love for the Scousers but if this was Leeds I have to admit I'd be quietly delighted.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Tommy wrote:Having seen the footage of the Man City coach arriving at Anfield, is it just me who quite likes that sort of thing, within reason? Obviously if someone is badly hurt it's a whole other story (and on today of all days we remember how terrible it is when taken too far) but doing your part as fans by making sure that the visitors receive a 'warm' welcome strikes me as basically fair enough. They had a mountain to climb getting any sort of result against a City side who have been absolutely dominant for most of this season and I can't help but think they were at least partially rattled by the reception. I have no great love for the Scousers but if this was Leeds I have to admit I'd be quietly delighted.

Throwing stuff is the only thing I think you could really take issue with, otherwise, I'm fully with you T.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Looks like someone threw a cider bottle. Probably angry it wouldn't all fit in the glass.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Looks like someone threw a cider bottle. Probably angry it wouldn't all fit in the glass.

:mrgreen:
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Tommy wrote:Having seen the footage of the Man City coach arriving at Anfield, is it just me who quite likes that sort of thing, within reason? Obviously if someone is badly hurt it's a whole other story (and on today of all days we remember how terrible it is when taken too far) but doing your part as fans by making sure that the visitors receive a 'warm' welcome strikes me as basically fair enough. They had a mountain to climb getting any sort of result against a City side who have been absolutely dominant for most of this season and I can't help but think they were at least partially rattled by the reception. I have no great love for the Scousers but if this was Leeds I have to admit I'd be quietly delighted.

What a ridiculous thing to post...

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 pm

I don't often agree with you but I have to admit that when you do wade in, your arguments are extremely persuasive.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:30 am

Thing that amused me about that game was to do with a song the Citeh fans were singing:

'You live in the past
You live in the past
Just like United
You live in the past"

Present score: Liverpool 3 Manchester City 0

Munson

Postby Munson » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Meanwhile.

Roma pull the game level. :salute:

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Munson wrote:Meanwhile.

Technically, they're ahead. Not seen any of it but I'm still expecting Messi to rescue Barca in the 8th minute of injury time (when there should only have been 3).

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:41 am

Quite a shock from Roma there. Still the team to play in the semis, no doubt Cess will get them and get into the final -disappointing

Munson

Postby Munson » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am

Phil LUFC wrote:
Munson wrote:Meanwhile.

Technically, they're ahead. Not seen any of it but I'm still expecting Messi to rescue Barca in the 8th minute of injury time (when there should only have been 3).

Aha. Point of order they had pulled the game level, but yes, through the tie on away goal at the whistle. :wink:
Fantastic performance that.
Was skimming between that game, cess v citeh, villa v colin and our own ck. All interesting in their own way.

Colin's face over their last couple of matches.
Reminds me of an angry bilbo bagginsis. Very pantomime funny
:thumbl:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am

Munson wrote:...
Was skimming between that game, cess v citeh, villa v colin and our own ck. All interesting in their own way.

Colin's face over their last couple of matches.
Reminds me of an angry bilbo bagginsis. Very pantomime funny
:thumbl:

cardiff's run-in has been very tough, realistically i suppose they needed a bigger buffer to stay in the top two, although fulham's outrageous recent results have probably caught everyone by surprise.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Looks like some ropy old shit they're planning to show after tonight's highlights.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/m-detail/24843 ... ed-forever

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 am

Cracking match last between Real v Juve. Was willing on the Juve lads after such an unexpectedly fine comeback. Don't know about the pen - there was contact alright but was it really a foul? Can see it wither way, i guess [and VAR wouldn't have helped because it wasn't clear]. Buffon had to go, though. Not surprised he was upset but you can't behave like he did. Ronaldo is a wonderful player but I just can't warm to the fucker.

I think that sets out most of the talking points... :D

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 am

dirty leeds wrote:Cracking match last between Real v Juve. Was willing on the Juve lads after such an unexpectedly fine comeback. Don't know about the pen - there was contact alright but was it really a foul? Can see it wither way, i guess [and VAR wouldn't have helped because it wasn't clear]. Buffon had to go, though. Not surprised he was upset but you can't behave like he did. Ronaldo is a wonderful player but I just can't warm to the fucker.

I think that sets out most of the talking points... :D

yeah, re: pen, dunno - when i saw it in 'realtime' my instant reaction was kinda: "yikes, that definitely could be a penalty" but i didn't find the replays particulalry convincing either way. doubtful it'd have been given if it'd had been say Basel or Maribor home to Juve.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am

I was hoping he wouldn't give it because I wanted extra time. And at that point, if Real had suddenly clicked into gear and deservedly won the tie during the extra 30 mins, I'd have had no complaints. Just a shite ending for Juventus after all that effort.
So Spain, Germany, Italy and England all represented in the semis. Liverpool third favourites now?
I'm guessing that 'somehow' Bayern will not be playing Real in the semi. :D

Return to “The Square Ball”