jackos wrote:The finals in fucking Istanbul? Fucking UEFA. :(

Lisbon innit?

It was going to be in turkey but that was canned due to covid

Mustafaster

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:26 pm

This is ace.
PSG are just electric.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:42 pm

Mustafaster wrote:This is ace.
PSG are just electric.

Are they? Very much 2nd best in my view, they're just extremely tidy in the spaces created in transition. Bayern operating in a condensed final 3rd and lacking a little composure.

Intriguing but less exciting than the Europa final so far.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:This is ace.
PSG are just electric.

Are they? Very much 2nd best in my view, they're just extremely tidy in the spaces created in transition. Bayern operating in a condensed final 3rd and lacking a little composure.

Intriguing but less exciting than the Europa final so far.

Bayern took control after 30 minutes. Hard to see exactly why from the telly, but summat changed, and they snuffed out Di Maria and that stopped the momentum. Stop Di Maria and Neymar and Mbappe have no ammo.
Even so they created better chances.
Penalty? Probably not for me, he was already off balance.

Agree, less exctitng than the UEFA final, but more interesting imo.
50/50 for me.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Yeah, I think Bayern have the edge - pressing hard up top, three and often four players right up there and when they have it they go wide - but PSG playing narrow and hitting on the counter, with the players who can make a difference. Could have scored twice, Bayern maybe once. Great tactically.
Having seen us pressed by Barnsley and suffering, it's nice to see PSG finding similar problems against Bayern!

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:17 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Yeah, I think Bayern have the edge - pressing hard up top, three and often four players right up there and when they have it they go wide - but PSG playing narrow and hitting on the counter, with the players who can make a difference. Could have scored twice, Bayern maybe once. Great tactically.
Having seen us pressed by Barnsley and suffering, it's nice to see PSG finding similar problems against Bayern!

>I think Bayern upped the workrate on about 30 mins ans started closing down quicker and with more players.
Atm Bayern seem to have two more players on the pitch, but unable to create much.
Reckon this will be decided by a terrible mistake by one individual.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:25 pm

PSG have to start asking some questions if their own now, they'll get hammered if they carry on trying to keep it tight now Bayern have their tails up.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Not sure I can think of a big match where Neymar has shown he's up to it, still tries to do too much himself, can't do it against the best. Di Maria is so much more effective. But as I say that, there was a lovely ball through for Mbappe from Neymar.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Outstanding refereeing so far.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Should have been a PSG penalty though.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:55 pm

Sad to see players of the calibre of Neymar, Mbappe and Di Mario allow themselves to be outworked.
Cunts gave up after they went 1-0 down.
Fucks sake lads, it's the CL final!
No doubt Bayern deserved it, they put the yards in.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:56 pm

bayern are such fucking shitbags, they make their domestic league a complete joke, but i'd far rather they win it than these vile petro-creatures.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:57 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Sad to see players of the calibre of Neymar, Mbappe and Di Mario allow themselves to be outworked.

Yeah, as fit as Leeds!

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Sad to see players of the calibre of Neymar, Mbappe and Di Mario allow themselves to be outworked.

PSG will never win it with Neymar, he's good but not as good as he thinks he is and having still not really learnt how to be a team player he becomes a liability when it matters. If he'd squared the ball in injury time its 1-1 but he goes for the impossible shot (after a very good run to pick up Mbappe's pass). A few other times he tried to beat them on his own or just ran a mile offside.

Not sure they gave up, Bayern just stiffled them, taking Coman off was about being more solid. From the off it was PSG who changed their game to deal with Bayern and it never really liked like they could maintain it.

Tommy

The BAROMETER

Postby Tommy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:03 pm

Wasn’t massively familiar with Kingsley Coman prior to this but it turns out that this is his 20th bit of silverware at the age of 24. Thought he was very good.

Sort of reminded me of Fulham versus Brentford in the end. Glad PSG still haven’t won it.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:09 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:...PSG will never win it with Neymar, he's good but not as good as he thinks he is and having still not really learnt how to be a team player he becomes a liability when it matters. If he'd squared the ball in injury time is 1-1 but he goes for the impossible shot (after a very good run to pick up Mbappe's pass)...

yeah, i dunno, i think he's a bit better than you suggest - the early career 'new messi/ronaldo' hype about him was always a nonsense but he's also not the new robinho either... he's IMO an excellent player, good enough to, at the very top of his form, have been considered just about the best in the world for a season or two in a 'normal' era with no messi/ronaldo, though in the end he's had to wait a bit longer than you'd have expected for messi to get past it, it'll likely never happen now.

AmarinderBedi

Postby AmarinderBedi » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:11 pm

PSG had a straightforward KO rounds (avoiding the english and spanish clubs). Hopefully this is the closest they get for some considerable time (similar sentiment to Spurs last year). And Neymar .... possibly the most overrated player of all time?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:14 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:...PSG will never win it with Neymar, he's good but not as good as he thinks he is and having still not really learnt how to be a team player he becomes a liability when it matters. If he'd squared the ball in injury time is 1-1 but he goes for the impossible shot (after a very good run to pick up Mbappe's pass)...

yeah, i dunno, i think he's a bit better than you suggest - the early career 'new messi/ronaldo' hype about him was always a nonsense but he's also not the new robinho either... he's IMO an excellent player, good enough to, at the very top of his form, have been considered just about the best in the world for a season or two in a 'normal' era with no messi/ronaldo, though in the end he's had to wait a bit longer than you'd have expected for messi to get past it, it'll likely never happen now.

He has the talent, I don't think he has the mentality. It's fine margins at the very top and tonight he was mostly a passenger as he always has been when Brazil need him most in world cups. Thought he might have matured but it's clear he hasn't, to the point of sulking and needing to be convinced to get his runner up medal tonight.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:42 am

Kinhell that's another trip tert fckin bookies na. Nailed on. Where's that expert predictor after the event Hee Haw at?

:basket:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Return to “The Square Ball”