The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:26 pm

Tommy wrote:The team Guardiola started against Real Madrid last night was fascinating. Was thinking about Bielsa saying that he doesn’t see his influence on Guardiola. Not sure the former would ever try something like this.

Didn't see it but that formation strikes me as unlikely. Thought I'd have a look at whoscored.com to find out.

They have it very similar to this but looking at the average positions it looks more 4-2-3-1 to me (but also shows KDB as the 1). Granted that's where players touched the ball and Jesus heat map does suggest he spent a fair bit of time helping out his full back.

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:45 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Tommy wrote:The team Guardiola started against Real Madrid last night was fascinating. Was thinking about Bielsa saying that he doesn’t see his influence on Guardiola. Not sure the former would ever try something like this.

Didn't see it but that formation strikes me as unlikely. Thought I'd have a look at whoscored.com to find out.

They have it very similar to this but looking at the average positions it looks more 4-2-3-1 to me (but also shows KDB as the 1). Granted that's where players touched the ball and Jesus heat map does suggest he spent a fair bit of time helping out his full back.

Tommy's graphic is about right - it was 442 with 2 mids in the front 2. The aim was to let KDB and BS drop into midfield - this flooded the midfield and forced RM's CBs into midfield, and created space for Jesus and Mahrez to run into.

It worked brilliantly and other than some comedy defending for isco's goal citeh should have won that 2-0.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:20 pm

So... I thought I'd give Red Bull Leipzig v Spurs a watch. The home side just scored... and suddenly they're playing James Brown's I Feel Good as goal music, and some cunt of an announcer joins in with calls to the fans... to which they respond with teutonic gusto.
Just fuck off.
I mean it.
Fuck off you utter, utter cunts.

Back In Time For The Corner Shop it is, then.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:54 pm

dirty leeds wrote:So... I thought I'd give Red Bull Leipzig v Spurs a watch. The home side just scored... and suddenly they're playing James Brown's I Feel Good as goal music, and some cunt of an announcer joins in with calls to the fans... to which they respond with teutonic gusto.
Just fuck off.
I mean it.
Fuck off you utter, utter cunts.

Back In Time For The Corner Shop it is, then.

Goal music is akin to taunting by unseen cowards and is the one valid excuse for an outbreak of football hooliganism.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Interesting that all football in Italy is cancelled in case every living Italian currently has the Bad Lurgy, but a bunch of them have been sent off to lurgy all over Valencia.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:46 pm

Checked in to watch the Valencia game.
The quality of the footie doesn't seem much different.
But the sensation as a viewer is... why the fuck would you want to watch this?
All the passion has been sucked out of it.
It doesn't matter who wins or loses.
If you're a Valencia or Atalanta fan it probably does, but for anyone else ... you might as well go watch a game on your local park.
As a TV show it's shite.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:18 pm

Ouch. Scousers on BT2 on not pleased with their keeper at HT in ET :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 pm

looks like the mickey mousers are out. oh well.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:38 pm

Cracking match. Really exciting. Liverpool should have won it second half. Great extra time from Atletico. Excellent game of football.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Highly amusing

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 pm

I had no idea Trippier went to Atlético.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:55 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I had no idea Trippier went to Atlético.

Played well too, I thought
I like it. What is it?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:09 am

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am

:lol: relevant

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Return to “The Square Ball”