The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
London_White

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby London_White » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:11 am

Ah, okay, maybe I missed that bit.
Still think if it had been somewhere just as far away but with decent links, hotels etc there would have been no fuss. Only allocating 3k tickets per club because of the known difficulties meant that it was going to end up with a shit atmosphere

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 am

jackos wrote:It has little to do with "chasing money" and everything to do with everyone getting the opportunity to arrange a final.

I know you're a committed European J, but that is a bit naive. Azerbaijan will have lobbied hard, financially or otherwise, to have won the bid. This is not just a case of football largesse by UEFA. A lot of politicking will have gone on behind the scenes. Note also that Azerbaijan will host 3 group games and a QF in the 2020 Euros.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:59 pm

London_White wrote:Ah, okay, maybe I missed that bit.
Still think if it had been somewhere just as far away but with decent links, hotels etc there would have been no fuss. Only allocating 3k tickets per club because of the known difficulties meant that it was going to end up with a shit atmosphere

6000 per club wasnt it? Tonight's spectacle isnt much better, 16K each in a 81k capacity ground, much bigger game with probably 50k scousers and just as many spurs in Madrid.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Tycipa wrote:
I know you're a committed European J, but that is a bit naive. Azerbaijan will have lobbied hard, financially or otherwise, to have won the bid. This is not just a case of football largesse by UEFA. A lot of politicking will have gone on behind the scenes. Note also that Azerbaijan will host 3 group games and a QF in the 2020 Euros.

I realise that. Just get pissed off when folks imply their money is dirtier than ours. Half of london is built with Russian and Saudi cash, a lot of PL clubs are funded by dictators and despots. I like the fact that the final is played in smaller countries rather than everything going to the top leagues.

The Swedish champions have to play three qualifying rounds to qualify for the champions league. Their fans travel all over Europe to watch those games, to places most English fans have never heard of, but they don't complain, they make a summer of it, travelling in numbers with their mates, drinking and meeting the locals. I'm sure we'd do the same given the opportunity. How many are we taking to Australia for the Scum game? I've no idea, but the Leeds tickets sold out very quickly, a lot will have been sold to locals and ex-pats but I have two mates who are going.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Seems Poch is definitely a Bielsa disciple, twice the possession and passes, losing 1-0
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Aye, that’s as mebbes but the streaker, wow!
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Tycipa wrote:Aye, that’s as mebbes but the streaker, wow!

Yeah but what's the pointing in wearing clothes? If you're going to streak then you've got to go all in.

Shit game, very soft penalty, all a bit meh really.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:03 pm

Too many clothes though.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Well that was a bit rubbish. Early penalty killed the game.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:00 pm

UEFA ticketing policy comes up trumps, attendance 52k. There’s 30 thousand corporate cunts trying to flog theirs for 6k a pop
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Absolute dogshite from both sides.
No footie on show.
Route 1 hoofball.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 pm

Shit game
I like it. What is it?

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Rubbish game.

Spose I’m pleased for Milner.

Meh
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 pm

Yes, footy might have been crap but there’s an upside

B7369CB8-1FFC-4389-8CE8-2907D180B434.jpeg

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Mate of mine is a Liverpool fan and paid £500 for a match ticket for tonight. Some bloke kicked off with him because he was in his seat so he got up and left the ground, missing near enough the whole game. I just can't even :lol: :lol:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am

Gutted for Danny Rose, left our club as a real young 'un. At that age the decision would have been out of his hands.

Can't understand just the love for Milner. He's no more 'one of ours' than someone like Poleon, don't see players like him getting a mention on here.
Fuck Liverpool!

I'll join the love for Milner if and when he wears the shirt of Leeds, until then he's just another ex player, nothing more.

The old chestnut 'Leeds are the first result I look for' bollocks means nothing to me.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:42 am

welsh, most of your posts would not be out of place on the grumpy old man thread :)

i fell asleep during both halves of the CL final; just nothing worth watching.
no idea if it was fair that LIV won, but its a result - and at least they didn't go to pens.

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:45 am

This year's Champs league has been brilliant - all it needed was a decent final (say 2-1 with a bit of intrigue) to be one of the best ever. Instead we had 90 mins of absolute total dross. I feared for the game when Liverpool scored 1st as I never fancied the spuds to chase the game.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:53 am

Arnieb wrote:This year's Champs league has been brilliant - all it needed was a decent final (say 2-1 with a bit of intrigue) to be one of the best ever. Instead we had 90 mins of absolute total dross. I feared for the game when Liverpool scored 1st as I never fancied the spuds to chase the game.

Aye.
Can't remember a worse final.
Both teams rubbish. Passing poor, when they attempted a pass, because most of the time they bypassed midfield and went route 1.
Terrible decision making, midfielders smashing the ball into the stands from 40 yards.
Both sides with clearly unfit players clogging up the pitch.
Three times the spuds had 4 against 3 and fucked it up.
Neither keeper had a lot to do.

Ref was very good, probably the best man on the park.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:28 am

Eddies Boots wrote:welsh, most of your posts would not be out of place on the grumpy old man thread :)

That's probably because I air my Leeds Utd frustrations on here, I say what I think.

Can't be arsed to count but it could be about 17 years we approach another season of second tier football.

There's very little positive thinking in my mind at the moment on the field to make me change my mind.

The owner: Is a spend-shy cunt that will leave after five years and we'll still be in the doldrums - five more wasted years of a plan that's doomed for failure with a 14th place budget in order.
He's done a few good things off the field but that's a feathering his own nest type of thing to increase the value ready to sell.

The manager: Fantastic, trying to get the club back where it deserves to be - with one hand tied behind his back through people making fucking awful recruitment choices.
It's a shame that this is his final season though if we fail to get promoted.
There's no way we can pay him another 6 million quid to try for a third year - that would be 18 million quid and the road to ruin for the next incoming manager - the Water Well would be completely dry for him.

The players: We've got a hard working bunch but as we've seen are sadly lacking in certain areas.

Our fans: Well their all fucking special, I count myself very lucky to be part of it.
Going to games is the only thing that keeps me upbeat.

So, what's your take on the club as a whole at the moment?

Return to “The Square Ball”