The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Quiffy wrote:I heard on t'radio that the arses squad cost £16/60million more than munich's. It's not just about spending money.

Possibly you need a better radio? :mrgreen:

If Wenger goes I imagine at least one underemployed Irishman polishing his shoes and laying out his selection of interview ties one more sad pointless time.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:13 am

From a friend:
The time, sponsored by Emirates, is ten to....

:lol:
I like it. What is it?

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:47 pm

Holy fuck Barca!
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:56 pm

Wakefield White wrote:Holy fuck Barca!

Crazy!!!!!

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:17 pm

If the lazy Arsenal fucks who've been cruising whilst Wenger takes all the stick had put in a similar level of desire ... Who knows

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Wakefield White wrote:Holy fuck Barca!

The second, my god, that's the point where you know you're fucked...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:18 am

Turned it on at half-time to see if they could manage it and when they immediately went three up thought it could be working. At 3-1 I turned it off again. Dammit.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:51 am

Yeah, up there with the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.
Great stuff. :cheers:
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:06 pm

got quite excited at 3-0 then paris scored and iniesta was subbed and the game went flat. i went to the other room to talk to the wife for the first time in the evening and then that happened. that's what you get for being a considerate husband. :burnley:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Quiffy wrote:got quite excited at 3-0 then paris scored and iniesta was subbed and the game went flat. i went to the other room to talk to the wife for the first time in the evening and then that happened. that's what you get for being a considerate husband. :burnley:

Mate you're way too good to her, stop pandering to her every whim like that. I'm assuming you mean the kitchen when you say the other room btw :-)

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Leicester into the quarter final after shitting all over Ranieri - Their players are a bunch of cunts for getting him sacked.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:52 am

semi pleasing to see citeh knocked out.

seeing them go so resolutely sideways under 'pep' half makes me wonder for a moment if it might help put the brakes on the popular deification of managers, since this time last year a certain brand of wisdom had it that the guy was worth about [say] 20pts a season to any team he led.

only joking, obviously. the narrative will be that he's 'lost it' but that the next media darling coach [whoever that may be], well, he's a bona fide genius, absolutely the real thing.

Tommy

The BAROMETER

Postby Tommy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Citeh started the match against Monaco with basically three defensive players (given how far forward their fullbacks play). I feel like you can get away with that when you're managing a club that is handily the best team in the league by some margin (say, Barcelona and Bayern Munich). Also two of those defensive players were the inconsistent full-back turned central defender Kolarov and the decent but demonstrably not world class Stones.

Comparatively Conte's Chelsea have Matic and Kante sitting in front of a tried and tested defence, it's like a brick wall in front of a brick wall. Last season Leicester's defensive prowess was arguably the most significant factor in their title win. Conte's experience of organising a defence in Italy is presumably more useful than Guardiola's experience of barely needing a defence given the overwhelming superiority of his forward players and general feebleness of most opposition in Spain and Germany. It'll be a real test to see if he can adapt and at this early stage, signs point to no.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:53 am

i wonder who Leicester will get.

no obviously great draws imo.

real, juve, bayern, monaco all top of their leagues, i.e. very good sides in very good form.
barca not quite what they were but always excellent of course & while they might be vulnerable to pace on the counter-attack they simply don't do the 'slinging crosses into the middle' attacking strategy that Leicester's two big CBs are most comfortable defending against. messi, neymar, & suarez running at them might cause more problems, seems like it'd be a fairly horrible draw for them.

so I guess the other two potential draws, athletico & dortmnud, are the ones you'd maybe dislike the least, but both are FAPL top four standard & would be strong favourites to knock out 'the foxes'. athletico in particular I suppose are tough as old boots & serial BUSINESS END qualifiers... so maybe Dortmund are the ones you'd want? they're third in the bundesliga.

topbin

Postby topbin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Yeah think they've probably got the worst draw possible - Atletico are so savvy that this is going to be Atletico winning to nil in both legs. At the same time they're probably the least glamorous team left to play? Potentially Monaco would have been worse, but they'd have a fighting chance given how free-scoring/free-conceding Monaco are, and it'd be a decent game of football.

Probably would have preferred the glamour of a R.Madrid or Barcelona and go out in style.

MightyWhite

The BAROMETER

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:55 pm

I dunno, Atletico have a great defence, but looking at La Liga their goals against record is only 1 better than Barcelona and 5 better than Real - and yet those two have scored 20-30 goals more than Atleti. My take is if you want to cause an upset you're much better off against a - admittedly very very good - grinding type team than you are against a side you're going to have to score 3 or 4 against (at least) to win.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Bomb attack on the Dortmund bus. The fuck?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:46 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Bomb attack on the Dortmund bus. The fuck?

The Monaco fans in the stadium chanting "Dortmund, Dortmund" is pure class. (And snuffs my last question about whether it'll turn out to be a hoolie with some pipe bombs).

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Fucking hell, Leicester don't need to be playing the ref as well. That was never a pen. And someone needs to smash Simeone in the face with a lump hammer. Just sayin'.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:27 am

dirty leeds wrote:Fucking hell, Leicester don't need to be playing the ref as well. That was never a pen. And someone needs to smash Simeone in the face with a lump hammer. Just sayin'.

No Penalty & greaseboy playing like a Scummer was looking for it,
Simeone should get red card for unsportsman conduct & inciting the crowd screaming for Vardy to get a card or red in first half

They will struggle return leg especially with Huth missing after with a yellow card count ban. AM are far superior but it would be good for the competition if Foxes get through

Return to “The Square Ball”