The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Man Called Sun

The BAROMETER

Postby Man Called Sun » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 pm

It seems we don't have a thread to discuss the Greatest Club Competition in the World. Obviously a massive oversight.

I do actually enjoy the group stages. It's almost like the early rounds of a World Cup or summat, where everyone is totally up for it even if they're gonna wind up geting smashed every game. The Man City-Real Madrid match last night was a right old ding dong, exactly the sort of match the marketing bods get their cocks out over. I have to watch it with the sound off mind.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

gazurtoids

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby gazurtoids » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Why do ITV have the highlights the same night as their live game, and both on the Tuesday? Why not live match Tuesday, highlights Wednesday, thereby including all games from that week? Bloody stupid.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 pm

gazurtoids wrote:Why do ITV have the highlights the same night as their live game, and both on the Tuesday? Why not live match Tuesday, highlights Wednesday, thereby including all games from that week? Bloody stupid.

Aye. The fuckers have just had the full Scum vs whoever game then half an hour later they have extended highlights of the same game.

I'm not sure there is a single programme I watch on that fucking channel.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:37 pm

gazurtoids wrote:Why do ITV have the highlights the same night as their live game, and both on the Tuesday? Why not live match Tuesday, highlights Wednesday, thereby including all games from that week? Bloody stupid.

Perhaps, maybe, ITV is fucking shit?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:42 pm

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/mediaservices/ ... 23937.html :burnley:
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Proud to be Leeds wrote:

bah.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Aye, fucking shit. There is a good highlights programme that I occasionally catch on a Sunday morning on ITV4 or summat, that I suspect is a standard one across the whole of Europe sorted out by UEFA. Has all the goals from that week and interviews with some of the more obscure club's players, that sort of thing. I love all that shit, but I keep missing it.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:Aye, fucking shit. There is a good highlights programme that I occasionally catch on a Sunday morning on ITV4 or summat, that I suspect is a standard one across the whole of Europe sorted out by UEFA. Has all the goals from that week and interviews with some of the more obscure club's players, that sort of thing. I love all that shit, but I keep missing it.

ITV4 have started a highlights package of Bundesliga aswell. Brilliant stuff. I believe its on every Monday night.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Beer Pig

Postby Beer Pig » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:51 pm

gazurtoids wrote:
Proud to be Leeds wrote:

bah.

Ponte has the best reason :shock:
I gave up beer, it was the worst 15 minutes of my life.

thechubbyone

Postby thechubbyone » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Proud to be Leeds wrote:
Man Called Sun wrote:Aye, fucking shit. There is a good highlights programme that I occasionally catch on a Sunday morning on ITV4 or summat, that I suspect is a standard one across the whole of Europe sorted out by UEFA. Has all the goals from that week and interviews with some of the more obscure club's players, that sort of thing. I love all that shit, but I keep missing it.

ITV4 have started a highlights package of Bundesliga aswell. Brilliant stuff. I believe its on every Monday night.

It's good to have, but I don't think they're making the best of it. There's no discussion or background to it - just a bloke pretending to commentate on goals that he's clearly watching on a TV.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:08 pm

thechubbyone wrote:
Proud to be Leeds wrote:ITV4 have started a highlights package of Bundesliga aswell. Brilliant stuff. I believe its on every Monday night.

It's good to have, but I don't think they're making the best of it. There's no discussion or background to it - just a bloke pretending to commentate on goals that he's clearly watching on a TV.

Aye, it does have that silly 'acting surprised' element to the whole thing dunnit? I only find that slightly annoying compared to the arrogant bullshitting stupidity of a Townsend or Burley mind, I like watching it.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:26 pm

I miss James Richardson on Football Italia on channel 4. Now that was a football show :thumbl:

Lots of stuff on Youtube.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Related, but there's a bit of chat on Twitter about a bunch of Leeds going over to M*nchester tonight to confront Turks and Scum.

Total fuckin' dickheads, in my humble opinion.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:19 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Related, but there's a bit of chat on Twitter about a bunch of Leeds going over to M*nchester tonight to confront Turks and Scum.

Total fuckin' dickheads, in my humble opinion.

I suspect that to be silly internet posturing, but you're totally right of course.

AndyPaul wrote:I miss James Richardson on Football Italia on channel 4. Now that was a football show :thumbl:

Amen to that. Richardson's the bomb, miles ahead of any of the other bastards on't telly.

thechubbyone

Postby thechubbyone » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:39 pm

AndyPaul wrote:I miss James Richardson on Football Italia on channel 4. Now that was a football show

It does seem bizarre that Adrian Chiles is the face of football for the biggest commercial channel in Britain while James Richardson presents a podcast and picks up scraps of TV work here and there. The world is all wrong.

sebastianlovemonkey

Postby sebastianlovemonkey » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:47 pm

AndyPaul wrote:I miss James Richardson on Football Italia on channel 4. Now that was a football show :thumbl:

Lots of stuff on Youtube.

Just imagine if match of the day was presented by James Richardson and the pundits were Barry Glendining and Jonathan Wilson instead of big ears, dour Alan and pointless insight shearer...

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:23 pm

What's the title of the thread referencing? Am I being daft?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 pm

tommydski wrote:What's the title of the thread referencing? Am I being daft?

Related to an ex-poster possessed of quite freakishly idiosyncratic opinions.

jackos

The BAROMETER

Postby jackos » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:11 pm

You'll find TFPs explanation from 2009 here,

Greenwhite was a regular on Leedschat.

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Ballboys, eh? They wouldn't stand for this in Italy, you know!

Return to “The Square Ball”