o/t car advice

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: o/t car advice

Postby welshwhite » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:29 pm

PETER O'POOLE

Postby PETER O'POOLE » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Fair enough, cheers for that. Maybe worth considering in the future although my experience of 3rd party warranties is that they're shit and do whatever they can to wriggle out of paying out.

Depends what you're buying really and at what price as the standard 30 days or so most retailers offer covers absolutely every reasonable complaint you might have - only had to use one once, for an older car anyway but it had a leaky radiator within a week.

I presume you have a website?

P.S. Bloody salesmen eh, you could have just said no trade in, no warranties :wink:

yeah, its a great website.. this is the address:

www.hi.trade.buyers.this.is.a.website.f ... ch.day.com

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 pm

PETER O'POOLE wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Fair enough, cheers for that. Maybe worth considering in the future although my experience of 3rd party warranties is that they're shit and do whatever they can to wriggle out of paying out.

Depends what you're buying really and at what price as the standard 30 days or so most retailers offer covers absolutely every reasonable complaint you might have - only had to use one once, for an older car anyway but it had a leaky radiator within a week.

P.S. Bloody salesmen eh, you could have just said no trade in, no warranties :wink:

http://www.hi.trade.buyers.this.is.a.we ... ch.day.com

:lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 pm

PETER O'POOLE wrote:

http://www.hi.trade.buyers.this.is.a.we ... ch.day.com

:thumbl:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Pete - if you know about cars, what do you reckon to this deal, it's been around a while http://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/new-car- ... t-115ps-ac

?

I know it's an old model, a bit underpowered, basic spec etc, but the warranty etc look pretty tasty to me, as someone with a lot of kids' stuff to ferry round.

I've always been sworn against buying brand new cars but vaguely considering giving a whirl after underspending on some building work I just had done. My current model cost me a fair few quid to get through its MOT last time and is a bit small for us.

PETER O'POOLE

Postby PETER O'POOLE » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Well, we've got them at £11,995 including RFL and Lifetime Warranty, although its a little extra for metallic & white.

That price includes every bonus known to man.

We've got 55 left, when they've gone they've gone.

I'm not sure what a ''Vauxhall Partner Discount'' would mean to the price, got a feeling there may be a bit of smoke & mirrors going on @ Bristol Street, but if they are really doing them at £9999 you should seriously snap one up.

Last Zafira's were a more than decent vehicle.

Sorry - edit - just read your note back.

No, Exclusiv not a basic model, has decent spec (Expression is basic, easily confused) but make sure its a 1.6 115bhp VVT & not a 1.6 105

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Do any of you lot (Yorks based) have advice on the best place to source a replacement car key? It will need to be cut and coded and I want to avoid the Ford dealer as the cunts charge a fucking fortune.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Funny you should ask that, I'm having to get another one this weekend. My car was bought off one of the mrs' mates, but it only had one key cos one of their kids had trashed the other. Now my kid has trashed the remaining one (ripped the rubber casing off so I can't use the fob), meaning I pretty much have to bite the bullet and get another.

£180 fucking quid :x
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:48 pm

What's your kid not getting for Xmas any more?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Blackwhite wrote:What's your kid not getting for Xmas any more?

Food, warmth, any form of attention, etc
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:57 pm

MightyWhite wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:What's your kid not getting for Xmas any more?

Food, warmth, any form of attention, etc

Can you get them a gig as one of Santa's elves? Every little helps...

YorkshirePoster

Postby YorkshirePoster » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:13 pm

slightly off topic but car/van related ... hats off to this bloke IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPpRAay8HLE
Marching On Together

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:19 pm

YorkshirePoster wrote:slightly off topic but car/van related ... hats off to this bloke IMO

Personally, I think they should probably have dragged him out the car and beat the shite out of him, for a laugh.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:03 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
YorkshirePoster wrote:slightly off topic but car/van related ... hats off to this bloke IMO

Personally, I think they should probably have dragged him out the car and beat the shite out of him, for a laugh.

Nah, best bit of their week I'd imagine. The big cunt is particularly into it :lol:

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Ponte wrote:Do any of you lot (Yorks based) have advice on the best place to source a replacement car key? It will need to be cut and coded and I want to avoid the Ford dealer as the cunts charge a fucking fortune.

and to MW...
i've used this place in the past. they're still not too cheap, it was something like £60 for a basic ford key without the remote bit, but is still probably cheaper than ford themselves.
http://www.carkeysyork.co.uk/
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:08 am

Didn't think I was going to like the bloke at all but really warmed to him, as did the cops.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

BobbyD

Postby BobbyD » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Tycipa wrote:

Didn't think I was going to like the bloke at all but really warmed to him, as did the cops.

I couldn't bare more than 3 minutes. Annoying cunt he is. They could have confiscated the phone by law if they had asked him to stop recording.

Scottish cunt.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:09 pm

So no cheap way around the new key. Fucking cars, the cunt isn't even mine.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

FER

Postby FER » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 pm

So, Toyota Avensis 2.0 Diesel. Should I or shouldn't I? I really want to.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:09 pm

FER wrote:So, Toyota Avensis 2.0 Diesel. Should I or shouldn't I? I really want to.

Only ever had Fords but admittedly that is a smart looking car, don't really know much about the Avensis but it is pretty.

Return to “The Square Ball”