o/t car advice

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
OWETB

Re: o/t car advice

Postby OWETB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:55 am

the flying pig wrote:saw this on my local high street yesterday, a bit cuntish imo for the warden to give out a ticket (just about visible on the wiper) to this guy, who was clearly having a bad day already.

If it is anything like up here, if she pays it within 14 days she'll get it cheaper.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat May 16, 2020 3:46 pm

Any of you cunts know anything about car battery types? The 012 / 063 / 075 thing?

What I think I understand is that for a small petrol car, limited electronics etc, you can basically chuck any old shit that fits and it’ll be fine. Anyone know any better?
HM Collector Of Parcels

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:41 am

For more mechanically minded types.

The wife has just got a brand new automatic X-trail (diesel). I’ve driven it 3 times now and each time it’s stalled following moderate breaking (usually when stopping and then attempting to pull out at a junction). She had a Qashqai before, again automatic, and I only recall it stalling once in the whole time I drove it.

Does this seem like it might be initial teething issues that would be solved through simply running it a few hundred miles or should it be going back in?
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:42 am

MightyWhite wrote:For more mechanically minded types.

The wife has just got a brand new automatic X-trail (diesel). I’ve driven it 3 times now and each time it’s stalled following moderate breaking (usually when stopping and then attempting to pull out at a junction). She had a Quashqai before, again automatic, and I only recall it stalling once in the whole time I drove it.

Does this seem like it might be initial teething issues that would be solved through simply running it a few hundred miles or should it be going back in?

You sure it's automatic and you're not just mistaken and stalling it?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:45 am

Ponte wrote:

The wife has just got a brand new automatic X-trail (diesel). I’ve driven it 3 times now and each time it’s stalled following moderate breaking (usually when stopping and then attempting to pull out at a junction). She had a Quashqai before, again automatic, and I only recall it stalling once in the whole time I drove it.

You sure it's automatic and you're not just mistaken and stalling it?

:lol: :lol:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:50 am

Same thing happened when I bought an automatic car. I found if I switched the engine off at a junction and let the engine cool down for about ten minutes it eventually solved the problem.
On my way I merrily went.

Give it a try :thumbl:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:57 am

The wife has just got a brand new automatic X-trail (diesel). I’ve driven it 3 times now and each time it’s stalled following moderate breaking (usually when stopping and then attempting to pull out at a junction). She had a Qashqai before, again automatic, and I only recall it stalling once in the whole time I drove it.

Has it got the auto cut-off / self-start thing when you're stationary?
HM Collector Of Parcels

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:02 am

I gave up my X-trail after 17,000 miles, when the clutch went, and they tried to tell me it was my fault. Apparently, I must've been doing donuts in a 3 ton 4wd motor...

Wont ever buy Nissan again. Bunch'o'cunts.
I like it. What is it?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:10 am

eric olthwaite wrote:

Has it got the auto cut-off / self-start thing when you're stationary?

It does but it’s distinct from that. Perhaps a better example would be yesterday when on a roundabout and a van pulled out from the next junction causing me to brake moderately hard to avoid going into the back of it. I then go to back to the accelerator and there’s no power.

Devi wrote:I gave up my X-trail after 17,000 miles, when the clutch went, and they tried to tell me it was my fault. Apparently, I must've been doing donuts in a 3 ton 4wd motor...

Wont ever buy Nissan again. Bunch'o'cunts.

I didn’t want to hear that :( Wife’s on motorbility though so a bit more straight forward swapping it out if it breaks at least.
Keep Fighting

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:21 am

I would suggest turning it off and on again but that seems to be the issue anyway.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:30 am

Out of gear and idling, what revs does it hold? I've had cars which were a bit stall-y and it was just a basic tuning thing. Take it back and get them to check.
HM Collector Of Parcels

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:44 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Out of gear and idling, what revs does it hold? I've had cars which were a bit stall-y and it was just a basic tuning thing. Take it back and get them to check.

Going to have another drive out tonight after work, without the kids this time, so can have a look
Keep Fighting

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:20 pm

MightyWhite wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Out of gear and idling, what revs does it hold? I've had cars which were a bit stall-y and it was just a basic tuning thing. Take it back and get them to check.

Going to have another drive out tonight after work, without the kids this time, so can have a look

Don't do anything that could fuck up your warranty, if they find just a DIY scratch on a screw or bolt you could be up the creek.

Give them a ring.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:00 pm

Don’t be doing any donuts, either.
I like it. What is it?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:22 pm

Should probably give closure on this

Car went back to dealership on back of a truck. Mechanics drove it around the wider Mansfield area and couldn’t get it to do the stall/engine cut out I described. Me and the Mrs ended up going up there in classic fuck sake give it here and I’ll show you mood and......couldn’t get it to do it.

Took the gamble of taking it back and it’s been good as gold ever since. So file this one under new car teething trouble I guess
Keep Fighting

Return to “The Square Ball”