O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 pm

Work colleague of Mrs O's, his wife had twins about six months ago, born premature around 31 weeks I think. They were both in hospital for several weeks but are out now. Girl is fine now, boy is struggling with a number of hopefully minor issues.

He was booked in for an op today to sort out a hernia. They'd wanted to do it for a while but also wanted him to grow a bit first and get stronger. Anyway, usual thing, in at 8.30am, nil by mouth for a couple of hours beforehand. Op kept getting put back because surgical staff kept having to go and deal with emergencies elsewhere. By 5pm the kid was so weak because it had no water it had stopped crying and they started to get seriously worried. They've obviously had to cancel and will rearrange but fuck, this shit really is not at all good.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:07 pm

And it's this that is being counted on to carry discontent into the heart of every home that experiences it. This is the MO, make the electorate resent it and think its day had gone, then think of something else (from a conveniently well-placed insurance company) - from the shortfall, and in the process, real people die.


I'm not feeling very patriotic these days guys.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:58 am

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:08 am

Blackwhite wrote:We will increase funding for the NHS, say the cunts. Still nowhere near the level of funding in more civilised countries, but an increase.

This was never what it seemed, of course.

And now we can see that actually, it was a blatant lie. They're going to cut it.


Fucking Vandals.

Labour should be smashing this out of the park every day, the useless twats.
They're more interested in their infantile internal squabbling the cunts.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:12 am

When the LyingDems are beating you on your core territory, you're fucking it up.




I think I'm going to clip the cunt myself.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Dale White
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Rochdale

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Dale White » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:06 am

Blackwhite wrote:When the LyingDems are beating you on your core territory, you're fucking it up.




I think I'm going to clip the cunt myself.
I'll supply the gun mate.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 am

This building cancer surgeon scandal, hundreds if not thousands of unnecessary operations in private hospitals, the stench of financial incentive, are a nice example of a large problem with profit-motive medicine: all that's happened here is, some folks have gone just that little bit too far...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Quiffy » Wed May 10, 2017 8:32 pm

i dunno if any of you remember, but it was exactly 2 years ago today that i did my leeds half marathon and a lot of you lovely cunts sponsored me. i managed to raise about £770 which i was really chuffed about. anyhow, my reason for doing it was that my son was born with a congenital heart problem that they fixed in Leeds back 13 years ago and i wanted to pay something back.

my son's heart problem was known as tetralogy of fallot, which is a reference for the purists, but essentially meant he had a big hole in the heart and a narrowing of the pulmonary artery. they managed to patch the hole and widened the artery back when he was one, but they said there was always going to be the need for further surgery to finally sort out the pulmonary artery and valve. back in 2004 they said this was best done as late as possible when he was as 'grown up as possible'.

well, in january they decided to operate. my boy is now 14 and we were a little concerned that they brought this forward from the original schedule, but they reassured us that techniques had improved in the intervening years and that if they sorted it sooner rather than later then the right hand side of his heart wouldn't over-stretch like an inflated balloon that would never regain its original shape.

he had his operation yesterday and we were both papping ourselves - the original op was harder technically but he picked up an infection in intensive care afterwards which got so bad i had to ring my mum and dad to ask them to come in to say goodbye to him. it was the worst moment of my life. on top of this we more recently found out that the lad who died after surgery, who was a significant part of the reason that they wanted to shut the leeds centre, was operated on by the man who was going to do my boy all those years ago. thankfully that surgeon fell out of his loft and another surgeon did the op on my boy. tragically though, the boy who did die went to the same primary school as my lad and told his teacher the day before that 'he didn't want to die'.

my own son has been saying exactly the same in the last few days and it's been something that's been smashing the inside of my head making me morbid as well. thankfully he didn't, today he made it out of intensive care and into high dependency. i'm back home for the evening feeling incredibly grateful for the NHS. the staff have been out of this world; their skills, professionalism and dedication amazes and impresses me beyond articulation. our country has created and nurtured something amazing and special over the last 60 years and yet it's taken for granted by plebs and undervalued by the establishment.

:salute: :salute: :salute: the N.H.S
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Ponte » Wed May 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Thoughts with you, mate. It is incredible though, all that shit basically free. And people moan.

My grandad was from Leeds
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby My grandad was from Leeds » Wed May 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Fucking Hell glad it's working out ok.

Girl I used to see years ago now works as an Occupational Therapist in the U.S.

Last time I saw her she said you really have got to fight for the NHS.

My grandad was from Leeds
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby My grandad was from Leeds » Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 pm

My grandad was from Leeds wrote:Fucking Hell glad it's working out ok.

Girl I used to see years ago now works as an Occupational Therapist in the U.S.

Last time I saw her she said you really have got to fight for the NHS.


What about a one issue party Save the NHS?

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Quiffy wrote:i dunno if any of you remember, but it was exactly 2 years ago today that i did my leeds half marathon and a lot of you lovely cunts sponsored me. i managed to raise about £770 which i was really chuffed about. anyhow, my reason for doing it was that my son was born with a congenital heart problem that they fixed in Leeds back 13 years ago and i wanted to pay something back.

my son's heart problem was known as tetralogy of fallot, which is a reference for the purists, but essentially meant he had a big hole in the heart and a narrowing of the pulmonary artery. they managed to patch the hole and widened the artery back when he was one, but they said there was always going to be the need for further surgery to finally sort out the pulmonary artery and valve. back in 2004 they said this was best done as late as possible when he was as 'grown up as possible'.

well, in january they decided to operate. my boy is now 14 and we were a little concerned that they brought this forward from the original schedule, but they reassured us that techniques had improved in the intervening years and that if they sorted it sooner rather than later then the right hand side of his heart wouldn't over-stretch like an inflated balloon that would never regain its original shape.

he had his operation yesterday and we were both papping ourselves - the original op was harder technically but he picked up an infection in intensive care afterwards which got so bad i had to ring my mum and dad to ask them to come in to say goodbye to him. it was the worst moment of my life. on top of this we more recently found out that the lad who died after surgery, who was a significant part of the reason that they wanted to shut the leeds centre, was operated on by the man who was going to do my boy all those years ago. thankfully that surgeon fell out of his loft and another surgeon did the op on my boy. tragically though, the boy who did die went to the same primary school as my lad and told his teacher the day before that 'he didn't want to die'.

my own son has been saying exactly the same in the last few days and it's been something that's been smashing the inside of my head making me morbid as well. thankfully he didn't, today he made it out of intensive care and into high dependency. i'm back home for the evening feeling incredibly grateful for the NHS. the staff have been out of this world; their skills, professionalism and dedication amazes and impresses me beyond articulation. our country has created and nurtured something amazing and special over the last 60 years and yet it's taken for granted by plebs and undervalued by the establishment.

:salute: :salute: :salute: the N.H.S


Shit the fuck, man. Had no idea you were going through that. My youngest is 16 in a couple of days and there's a weird sense of relief about the idea that we've got all three of the little fuckers this far without the kind of shit you've experienced.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Ponte » Wed May 10, 2017 9:23 pm

My lad has has breathing issues most of his life, sometimes severe requiring hospitalisation. He's 13 now and has grown out of a lot of it, thankfully, but all the way the NHS have been fantastic.
Losing the NHS really is unthinkable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Amazing, Q. Balls of steel, you, the lad, hell even the wife :drunk:

What a horrible period. What a happy ending. So happy for you all.


And it's never too early for tetralogy of Fallot references :study:



Have a lovely time together when you're all reunited. Tell your lad he's a Trojan.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Quiffy » Wed May 10, 2017 10:19 pm

thanks lads. It's been a tough few days but we're on the downslope now, feeling stronger than ever and not dreading the next week for once.

my son is an absolute star, totally humble and appreciative of all the great help he's benefited from. i'm massively proud of him and the rest of the family aren't bad either. you never know how you'd cope until you get dropped into such circumstances :thumbl:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby AndyPaul » Wed May 10, 2017 10:26 pm

All the best Quiffy and to your lad. Yeah the NHS is brilliant as I'm sure both of us agree going by recent events. MOT

Wakefield White
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: t'other side o't hills

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Wakefield White » Wed May 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Quiffy wrote:
my son is an absolute star, totally humble and appreciative of all the great help he's benefited from. i'm massively proud of him and the rest of the family aren't bad either. you never know how you'd cope until you get dropped into such circumstances :thumbl:


:salute: you speak the truth!

Hope this is the start of a nice enjoyable dull patch for you all!

The NHS represents the best of us, it is worth fighting for!
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 10, 2017 11:15 pm

Wakefield White wrote:
The NHS represents the best of us, it is worth fighting for!

Wisely said.

All of you. Speak about it with everyone, hammer home the violence being done to it by Cunts, and the further finishing blows they Cunts have planned for after their mandate.


Deny the mandate. Ask the fucking dried up old bitch to show up on TV and defend it. Keep fighting. :thumbl:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Leeds0269
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:50 pm

Re: O/T The NHS Appreciation Memorial Thread

Postby Leeds0269 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:13 am

If you want to save the NHS then dont let these tory cunts in again. Simple. Anything is a better option than these utter utter bastards.
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Devi, Google [Bot] and 17 guests