The happy old man thread...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: The happy old man thread...

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

And that was really moving wrote:
Now we know why you are so happy alone on a saturday night - Eric and friends head out to get their Commercial Square kicks!

Weird photo - the colours have all gone haywire. And yes, I do know one of those people - used to be one of my kids' primary school teacher! But that's not what I look like, I'm afraid.
Member of a clique

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Weird photo - the colours have all gone haywire. And yes, I do know one of those people - used to be one of my kids' primary school teacher! But that's not what I look like, I'm afraid.

Less hair for a start :mrgreen:
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

And that was really moving

Postby And that was really moving » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:46 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
And that was really moving wrote:
Now we know why you are so happy alone on a saturday night - Eric and friends head out to get their Commercial Square kicks!

Weird photo - the colours have all gone haywire. And yes, I do know one of those people - used to be one of my kids' primary school teacher! But that's not what I look like, I'm afraid.

Lifted it from your local rag, the great Argus. You let those people teach your kids?......an empty desk with a beetle tied to a pin...I am looking for Rowan Morrison. :D

FER

Postby FER » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm sure there's an employment thread somewhere but couldn't find it so this is the next best thing...

My place is restructuring and my job was downgraded, so I was out of the ring fence for it. Went for a systems management job in the same team and got it! :cheers: Lower grade but pay protection kicks in. Good times! I was up against a good mate and he lost out. Bad times.

We're both going to the match tonight. Good times?
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

FER wrote:We're both going to the match tonight. Good times?

Do you mate a favour - if we win 4-0 don't go shouting about capping off a perfect day :shock:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 pm

FER wrote:We're both going to the match tonight. Good times?

No.
Member of a clique

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 pm

I am working at a clients undertaking coshh assessments on things that they use, anyway I have been in the stores and I came accross this fucker. :mrgreen:

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:50 pm

OWETB wrote:I am working at a clients undertaking coshh assessments on things that they use, anyway I have been in the stores and I came accross this fucker. :mrgreen:

Could probably do with some of that in the near future when I get the mower out for the first time this year.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:57 pm

OWETB wrote:I am working at a clients undertaking coshh assessments on things that they use, anyway I have been in the stores and I came accross this fucker. :mrgreen:

The builders firm my Dad works for uses this

http://www.screwfix.com/p/sticks-like-s ... tAodKiuSvg

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Got into work this morning and all the IT had fallen over, apparently because of a power cut over the weekend. IT fella's on holiday.

I haven't got a bastard clue about all this shit, and we share a floor with three companies, so there's one rack with about 15 bits of kit on it: file servers, mail servers, UPS, backup etc etc.

So I took a blind guess which one was our important one and just kept pressing all the buttons until it rebooted.

Job's a good 'un. This IT consultant game is a piece of piss.
Member of a clique

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Got into work this morning and all the IT had fallen over, apparently because of a power cut over the weekend. IT fella's on holiday.

I haven't got a bastard clue about all this shit, and we share a floor with three companies, so there's one rack with about 15 bits of kit on it: file servers, mail servers, UPS, backup etc etc.

So I took a blind guess which one was our important one and just kept pressing all the buttons until it rebooted.

Job's a good 'un. This IT consultant game is a piece of piss.

<work head on>: If thats the full length of the companies IT, then the consultant isn't doing his job. At the absolute minimum you need some kind of offsite backup facility. A bloke I know feels very pationately about this sort of shit, the sort who'll hammer home his point until he's convinced you'll never forget it... every company out there is an IT company, because if their IT fails they can't trade, if they lose their data and have no backup, its game over.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:<work head on>: If thats the full length of the companies IT, then the consultant isn't doing his job. At the absolute minimum you need some kind of offsite backup facility. A bloke I know feels very pationately about this sort of shit, the sort who'll hammer home his point until he's convinced you'll never forget it... every company out there is an IT company, because if their IT fails they can't trade, if they lose their data and have no backup, its game over.

Long story and er, no, sorry, CBA. Too boring.
Member of a clique

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:08 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:<work head on>: If thats the full length of the companies IT, then the consultant isn't doing his job. At the absolute minimum you need some kind of offsite backup facility. A bloke I know feels very pationately about this sort of shit, the sort who'll hammer home his point until he's convinced you'll never forget it... every company out there is an IT company, because if their IT fails they can't trade, if they lose their data and have no backup, its game over.

Long story and er, no, sorry, CBA. Too boring.

:mrgreen:

the eggman

Postby the eggman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:25 pm

We had some of them H&S guys here last week. Fuck knows what they did all day. The only substances they assessed was coffee and biscuits. Tossers
bubble wrap and baby oil.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:30 pm

the eggman wrote:We had some of them H&S guys here last week. Fuck knows what they did all day. The only substances they assessed was coffee and biscuits. Tossers

I hope you looked after them, as I am sure they look after you.

the eggman

Postby the eggman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:51 pm

OWETB wrote:
the eggman wrote:We had some of them H&S guys here last week. Fuck knows what they did all day. The only substances they assessed was coffee and biscuits. Tossers

I hope you looked after them, as I am sure they look after you.

I had to send in an evaluation assessment. I gave 10/10 for the leeds fan and 0/10 for the scum fan. Wasn't fair but felt good. :D
bubble wrap and baby oil.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm

the eggman wrote:I had to send in an evaluation assessment. I gave 10/10 for the leeds fan and 0/10 for the scum fan. Wasn't fair but felt good. :D

I think you might fit in around these parts.

But why wasn't your evaluation fair pickled cock?

Porkchopexpress

Postby Porkchopexpress » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:27 pm

I love H+S guys, constant source of amusement. We had a guy working for us, and the gaffer started calling him Keith Lard, like the guy off Phoenix nights. Well, that was it, it stuck, and next it was Dogtanian, and all the dog bothering jokes. He had a store cupboard at head office, and would not let anyone go in there. After he left, even the MD was giving it the piss takes about how he had an load of poodles in there wearing suspenders. Funny how quick these things snowball.
TERRY VENABLES.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Porkchopexpress wrote:I love H+S guys, constant source of amusement.

Well my source of amusement tomorrow is investigating a shattered collar bone with complete dislocation and 5 broken ribs.

I bet the bloke is laughing his cock off.

And then there was the fella that fell 100ft to his death that I investigated, I bet his family are still laughing about that one.

H&S, what a load of bollox.

Porkchopexpress

Postby Porkchopexpress » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:59 pm

OWETB wrote:
Porkchopexpress wrote:I love H+S guys, constant source of amusement.

Well my source of amusement tomorrow is investigating a shattered collar bone with complete dislocation and 5 broken ribs.

I bet the bloke is laughing his cock off.

And then there was the fella that fell 100ft to his death that I investigated, I bet his family are still laughing about that one.

H&S, what a load of bollox.

Ooofff
TERRY VENABLES.

Return to “The Square Ball”