Andymac-47

Re: The happy old man thread...

Postby Andymac-47 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:07 am

This made me laugh this morning!
Andymac

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:37 am

Bought a pressure washer. I have to stain my backyard deck so I just jumped in and bought one rather than rented.

This shit is no joke. Got it too close to the wood we have on our deck and it began to crack it a bit.

I might go on a pressure-washing binge. Fences, brick on the house, sidewalk and driveway, any trucks bearing Trump flags ...
"The supporters, the only thing to them is that they love their club.
The only thing the receive in exchange is emotions.
For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football." - Marcelo Bielsa

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:32 am

When hot weather hits EVERYTHING gets pressure washed. EVERYTHING. My aim is always to move slowly enough that I never get fully soaked and am just ambling about in the mist, slowly drying.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:13 am

Blackwhite wrote:When hot weather hits EVERYTHING gets pressure washed. EVERYTHING. My aim is always to move slowly enough that I never get fully soaked and am just ambling about in the mist, slowly drying.

This, it's the best 4 hours of my life every 5/6 weeks. Head phones on, can't hear Mrs Andy talk shite, at one with the hose.
Andymac

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:17 am

Andymac-47 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:When hot weather hits EVERYTHING gets pressure washed. EVERYTHING. My aim is always to move slowly enough that I never get fully soaked and am just ambling about in the mist, slowly drying.

This, it's the best 4 hours of my life every 5/6 weeks. Head phones on, can't hear Mrs Andy talk shite, at one with the hose.

yeah it's very satisfying until you check your windows which are usually covered in the muck you just cleaned off your drive/car/deck that has blown in the mist.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:30 am

Wife once opened the front door to complain jovially about the dreck now on the door from the path. She just about got it shut before the water hit her :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:

yeah it's very satisfying until you check your windows which are usually covered in the muck you just cleaned off your drive/car/deck that has blown in the mist.

Ah Quiffy, school boy error. I take care of the windows on the way back. I made that mistake once.
Andymac

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:53 pm

Did some extensive work with the washer today. I want to fuck this thing it's so awesome.
"The supporters, the only thing to them is that they love their club.
The only thing the receive in exchange is emotions.
For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football." - Marcelo Bielsa

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:10 am

Terre Harte II wrote:Did some extensive work with the washer today. I want to fuck this thing it's so awesome.

Can't wait to hear you update on this work in a few days time when things all go a bit Michael Tonge

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:51 pm

A record I mastered (Up and Rolling by North Mississippi Allstars) was just nominated for Best Contemporary Blues album at the Grammys. Which is nice.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:A record I mastered (Up and Rolling by North Mississippi Allstars) was just nominated for Best Contemporary Blues album at the Grammys. Which is nice.

Kinnell! Well done prof

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:A record I mastered (Up and Rolling by North Mississippi Allstars) was just nominated for Best Contemporary Blues album at the Grammys. Which is nice.

:thumbl:

Kanye will be along in a minute to explain why Beyoncé should have won it.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:05 pm

:salute:
I have the utmost respect for mastering engineers. Amazing ears you fuckers have.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Mustafaster wrote:

:salute:
I have the utmost respect for mastering engineers. Amazing ears you fuckers have.

Weeto's are shaped like Weetos, which is how he got his name.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Well played. Out of idle curiosity, how does some layabout in Leeds end up working on an album by a bunch of good ol' boys from the Deep South?
Member of a clique

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:47 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:

Well played. Out of idle curiosity, how does some layabout in Leeds end up working on an album by a bunch of good ol' boys from the Deep South?

It was mixed by a friend of mine from Liverpool, who recommended me. I think he met them when they needed somewhere to record while on tour.

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:47 pm

Top bombing, Prof.
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:33 pm

This is great to see

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:41 pm

And just look at the crap goal... and their absolute delight: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55072440

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Draw for the 3rd round tomorrow evening, always one of the highlights of the year
Keep Fighting

Return to “The Square Ball”