The happy old man thread...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: The happy old man thread...

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:26 am

Blackwhite wrote:Some people, hopefully working happily and safely, are currently preparing me what I can only describe as a Colossal Beer Parcel.

A few local breweries are knocking out mini-casks. I'm the only only ale drinker in the house, I recognise that bright best is only good for about four days once you crack it open and I'm wondering what sort of order quantity might be considered seemly. A polypin could be stretching it, I suspect.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:53 am

I'm buying a mix from two different breweries.

One ships in 2L plastic which is ok for me but does go a bit flat overnight if you're not up for a good sup. (And then I'd just open a can.) Usually ordering 5 to 10 of them.

The other ships 5L mini kegs, which are great for 3-4 days once tapped. You do lose about half a pint in equilibrating the pressure while first tapping, but you could suck the tea towel I guess... I forgot to close the pressure valve on one last month and it went pretty flat overnight, but they're fine if you're not such a tool. Got about seven of these coming... Gonna be arseholed thru May...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:03 pm

Blackwhite wrote:....Gonna be arseholed thru May...

Not your only option.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:06 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
I just took delivery of a box of wine. Mrs DL's doing. I expect I'll pay for it in other ways...

You made her get the wrong one, I should imagine.

:D
Small Italian producers, it turns out. Not little fellas, I mean their operations. No, the other kind of operation.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

The happy old man thread...

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:55 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Some people, hopefully working happily and safely, are currently preparing me what I can only describe as a Colossal Beer Parcel.

A few local breweries are knocking out mini-casks. I'm the only only ale drinker in the house, I recognise that bright best is only good for about four days once you crack it open and I'm wondering what sort of order quantity might be considered seemly. A polypin could be stretching it, I suspect.

I get a 1.89l (3.3 pints) growler delivered every Friday from local breweries. On the weeks when it’s sub-5% it’s easy to sail through in a single evening obviously but last week’s was 6.5% so needed splitting over the two nights it’s good for.

I was considering a 5l mini-keg from Trumans but 8.8 pints of the same beer is just too much for me, even spread over three or four nights.

My 85l beer fridge is pretty much full at the moment so I’m not short of other options [emoji2]

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue May 05, 2020 5:53 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 06, 2020 4:46 pm

You didn't know you needed to see a bear cub in a hot tub, and maybe you didn't. Maybe you did.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun May 17, 2020 7:26 pm

ITV4 showing England Scotland from Euro 96. Big Racist Ron on commentary duty. Watched this in a borrowed flat in north London, then went to Brixton Academy for Leftfield, which was insane and probably the best non-jungle night out I've ever had. So loud they brought the plaster down. Left at 6ish and saw the carnage in central London as we passed through north. Men in kilts asleep everywhere. Great fun. I remember fun.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon May 18, 2020 12:33 pm

Finally, validation :cheers:

HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon May 18, 2020 1:35 pm

There's a plane overhead. Big contrail in the blue sky above where I'm sat in the garden. It's beautiful.

Edit: a second?! Ok, three... Call Yebore, I'm feeling very suggestible all of a sudden...

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon May 18, 2020 1:58 pm

Finally, a diet plan that works!

Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon May 18, 2020 2:10 pm

If we're harvesting pineal glands am I allowed to work down my Death List? Feds will understand, right?

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed May 20, 2020 5:35 am

Making the drive to work bearable

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000j80t
I like it. What is it?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Wed May 20, 2020 6:33 am

Devi wrote:Making the drive to work bearable

Ah yes, the drive to work. Funny how little comments stir memories of the olden days
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed May 20, 2020 7:32 am

MightyWhite wrote:
Devi wrote:Making the drive to work bearable

Ah yes, the drive to work. Funny how little comments stir memories of the olden days

:lol:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 22, 2020 9:55 am

People using lockdown to do dumb shit like this makes me laugh every time

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun May 24, 2020 6:42 pm

For one reason or another I've not had to drive for about ten weeks. Car's sat outside getting dirtier and going nowhere, such that when I bumped into one of my neighbours putting bins out he reminded me he had cables, and would give me the inevitable jump start when I needed to head out. Smug fucker, thought I.

I went out this morning while he was fussing with his car, said hello to him, scraped tree flower debris out my vents, started it first time and drove off. Smug fucker, thought he, I guess.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:28 pm

Click show thread.
Andymac

Return to “The Square Ball”