The happy old man thread...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Re: The happy old man thread...

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:22 am

Vampire wrote:Brentford CK thread.......

Blackwhite wrote:Anybody got any tips for bars in Madrid that show EFL games?

Brizzie CK thread.....

Blackwhite wrote:I am, for once, actually abroad. Sat eating an amazing lunch in Madrid. Hope the pass works.

Blackwhite wrote:Enjoy the weather, lads, heh heh. Getting rain alarms,v sounds horrible. Heart bleeds.

HOM thread.......

Blackwhite wrote:Dennis has cancelled my flight home. Should be GOM, instead with help of those I'm with and those similarly detained, trying to make the most of it and it's good craic.

Jeez, it’s like reading drivel on a needy person’s Facebook page! Desperately trying to portray a glamorous lifestyle with ‘hilarious’ anecdotes and selfies. “Hey everyone, guess what? I’m in Madrid! Look at ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!!”

:lol:

And yet it's you that looks a bit odd for caring so much. I see a baller (any baller) posting that and I simply think good for them and don't give it much more thought. I'd even be pleased for you if you were enjoying yourself somewhere, but I don't really get why you'd use it as some kind of stick to try and beat somebody with,

It's not for me to tell you what to do, but it all seems a bit pointless and surely a waste of energy. As Mother Oheddieeddie used to say, if you don't like him then why play with him? Anyway up to you

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:24 am

What, and BW doesn't have a stick does he not?

:basket:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:45 am

kennyb41 wrote:What, and BW doesn't have a stick does he not?

Exactly right, Kenny.

The double standards of those who fret about mild banter from some, whilst saying nothing about appalling abuse from others, never ceases to amaze me.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:46 am

Ah I see, so you're saying the other boy started it.... I refer you back to Old Mother Oheddieeddie's previously reported attitudes to these things

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:50 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:

Ah I see, so you're saying the other boy started it.... I refer you back to Old Mother Oheddieeddie's previously reported attitudes to these things

I think he’s just pointing out the double standards of those like you who seek to lecture one boy but never the other.

I’m sure Mother Oheddieeddie would have taught you the virtues of objectivity and even handedness?
:mrgreen:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:53 am

Take a look at the lad that was just asking a question on another thread, ok it wasn't just BW, but that cunt couldn't wait to jump in and beat him with his stick.

Probably goes back to his childhood, but he can't wait to pounce on the bigotted belittling of others.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:09 am

Vampire wrote:

Exactly right, Kenny.

The double standards of those who fret about mild banter from some, whilst saying nothing about appalling abuse from others, never ceases to amaze me.

I'm not saying you're right and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can say it seems pointless and a just waste of everyone's energy (including mine ) so if you thought you were engaged in a heroic struggle for supremacy, and the hearts and minds, honestly it doesn't play out that way. It's borderline boring for everyone else who is not involved and I imagine boring is not something you're aiming for when you can be pretty insightful on other stuff

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:13 am

Vampire wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:

I think he’s just pointing out the double standards of those like you who seek to lecture one boy but never the other.

I’m sure Mother Oheddieeddie would have taught you the virtues of objectivity and even handedness?
:mrgreen:

:D :lol: Very good, you see this is what I mean. That's quality

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:20 am

Ok, look how he wades into Yeb who just has a contrarian view and is often right in what he's saying, he's actually right when he bangs on about Bert winning hardly anything, but i think Bert's the best thing since sliced bread so do i wade in and start to insult him at the slightest chance and then go to the lengths of pointing that out to others and trying to make them loathe him too.

He is probably a member of umpteen forums on t'net and will be the same on all.

You suggest it stops, i suggest he doesn't want it to stop coz it's his life, day in and day out, and some other cunts on here just suck his cock ( but they could still even be him).

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:02 pm

Cheltenham

That is all
I like it. What is it?

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm

This really made me happy today.
Andymac

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:39 pm

On a cheerier note, planning for an extended period of non-commuting is nice. Considering starting at seven and knocking off at four. Or maybe I’ll just have a three hour lunch break, dunno.

Not paying £110 a week is pleasant, too.
HM Collector Of Parcels

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:20 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:On a cheerier note, planning for an extended period of non-commuting is nice. Considering starting at seven and knocking off at four. Or maybe I’ll just have a three hour lunch break, dunno.

So you don't have an annual?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:50 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:On a cheerier note, planning for an extended period of non-commuting is nice. Considering starting at seven and knocking off at four. Or maybe I’ll just have a three hour lunch break, dunno.

So you don't have an annual?

Some time back I sussed that you can do ‘custom’ periods longer than a month, then that if you manage it so as to finish one ticket Friday, start a new one Monday, don’t pay whilst you’re on holiday or working from home etc, you can pay less than an annual. As it goes, I was just doing odd weeks around taking the lad to uni interviews and then our Berlin trip. Fortunate timing as it goes.
HM Collector Of Parcels

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Cunning.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:40 pm

I'm having a shit day all told and entering a lockdown with occasional forays in to keep plates spinning, so for no other reasons than there's no football, it's looking at me from the calendar and I need cheering up, have it.

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 pm

:cheers:
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:54 pm

Devi wrote: :cheers:

If I make it to seventyish and am still a sad enough cunt to post here, I will cheer myself up from my latest robot rebellion-inflicted injury with film of last year's December Brum game.

And like now, it won't really help at all.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:22 pm

I started watching the extended highlights from the start of the season last night. Got as far as Stoke league game.
1. We are the best football team in this league.
2. We miss Forshaw, even though we've been on a great run.
3. How the actual fuck did we draw with Forest, they are shite.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:59 pm

And how the fuck did we lose to Swansea?????
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Return to “The Square Ball”