O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ponte

Re: O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby Ponte » Mon May 20, 2019 5:57 am

G.O.T. Finale
Spoiler!
A bit anticlimactic but was always going to be that way, really. After Dany died it was a case of wrapping the story up.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon May 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Ponte wrote:G.O.T. Finale
Spoiler!
A bit anticlimactic but was always going to be that way, really. After Dany died it was a case of wrapping the story up.

Spoiler!
I liked it. Not the best ending ever but not shit either, wrapped stuff up nicely, a couple of "for TV" endings which were maybe more positive than the books will go for. Was pleased Sam's suggestion was laughed down, not absurd vs the real world but also a little dig at the state of the US/UK right now. I expected an Arthurian round table at the end but the end result isn't far off anyway given the new king is pretty passive.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon May 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
I liked it. Not the best ending ever but not shit either, wrapped stuff up nicely, a couple of "for TV" endings which were maybe more positive than the books will go for. Was pleased Sam's suggestion was laughed down, not absurd vs the real world but also a little dig at the state of the US/UK right now. I expected an Arthurian round table at the end but the end result isn't far off anyway given the new king is pretty passive.

Spoiler!
i really didn't expect bran to be put in charge, to the exent that he really is, rather than just acting as a token figurehead, with his 'top team' really running things. it seemed a bit strange that he'd even accept given, e.g., the way he flatly turned down lordship fo winterfell/kinship o't'north a few weeks ago.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon May 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Do you lot not work? When have you had the chance to watch last nights episode?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon May 20, 2019 3:24 pm

jackos wrote:Do you lot not work? When have you had the chance to watch last nights episode?

5am before work :thumbl:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon May 20, 2019 5:36 pm

Ponte wrote:
jackos wrote:Do you lot not work? When have you had the chance to watch last nights episode?

5am before work :thumbl:

I'm WFH today, I started at 8, took a break from 9-10:20ish for GOT and finished about half an hour ago.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon May 20, 2019 7:47 pm

jackos wrote:
Tycipa wrote:or it’s all kumbaya.

Spoiler!
No chance after night - the closet to kumbaya you'll get is if Dany fucks off back to Essos. My biggest issue with the current series is that they've stopped killing off the good guys/girls - other that Lady Mormont and at a push Vary's.

I thought last nights episode was great - but I will throw up next week if Tyrion gets it on with Sansa ...

Spoiler!
other than Dany getting a prick from Jon is was all pretty much kumbaya then :mrgreen:
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon May 20, 2019 7:50 pm

The Chernobyl thing on Sky Atlantic is bloody good tv, some proper edge of seat moments.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Mon May 20, 2019 7:55 pm

Tycipa wrote:The Chernobyl thing on Sky Atlantic is bloody good tv, some proper edge of seat moments.

No spoilers! I'm gonna binge it.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon May 20, 2019 8:01 pm

metalsmurf wrote:
Tycipa wrote:The Chernobyl thing on Sky Atlantic is bloody good tv, some proper edge of seat moments.

Think it’s on a weekly release so you’ll possibly have to wait until the last episode, think there are 6. Well worth the wait on the evidence of the first two episodes. I’d stay off here the next month if I were you. :mrgreen:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 pm

metalsmurf wrote:

Spoiler!
It gets spoiled.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
i really didn't expect bran to be put in charge, to the exent that he really is, rather than just acting as a token figurehead, with his 'top team' really running things. it seemed a bit strange that he'd even accept given, e.g., the way he flatly turned down lordship fo winterfell/kinship o't'north a few weeks ago.

Spoiler!
With the four Starks (if you include John Snow) now effectively running different corners of the world (one of them discovering new lands) they’ve left it wide open to a new series in 5-10 years - not to mention a backstory!
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon May 20, 2019 9:35 pm

Spoiler!
Pleased I didn’t get up at 5AM to watch that like Ponte :)

Enjoyed the last five minutes, wrapped it up nicely whilst leaving it open for spin-offs whenever HBO need to boost their subscriber count. Great that Sansa told the south to do one, good that Jon headed back home north of the wall as was predicted, and cool that we could see a spin-off with Sansa exploring the West. Bran’s character has always bored the tits off me, especially while I was reading the books, but I suppose he served a purpose, revealing Jon’s true identity and being a honey pot for the night king. Not too bothered that he ended up King of the Rest, who give a toss who rules the south once the North is independent. Thought the clowning around the table at the end with Tyrion and crew was a bit daft, but it’s the south so ....

Hope to fuck we’re back in the EPL before Arya’s series hits the screens..

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 pm

metalsmurf wrote:

The reactor core did it
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Mon May 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Never mind all this modern shit. True Entertainment showing MASH. Proper television.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Robert Altman's film that the series was based on is something I will watch whenever its on. Terrific fun.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:24 am

MightyWhite wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:

The reactor core did it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andymac

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 am

decent GoT article. precisely ranking them all is a bit daft but i think a number of sensible micro points are made here.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ode-ranked

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 21, 2019 10:48 am

Rambo the randy pig wrote:Never mind all this modern shit. True Entertainment showing MASH. Proper television.

The originals had no laughter track [in the UK]. Are they showing that one? I prefer it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Also, final season of Mum starts this week and that’s ace.

Just binge-watched over a couple of days. Bit more from Gran and Grandad this time, which I liked. Good scenes with sad/dimwit son and horrible Pauline in last couple of episodes. Overall, v good indeed.

Return to “The Square Ball”