O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ontolly

Re: O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby Ontolly » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:12 am

Quiffy wrote:new series of black mirror is up on netflix. just watched the first 'star trek' style one and it was top notch. :salute: :thumbl:

This :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:24 am

I’ve watched the first two Black Mirrors of S4; USS Callister and Arkangel (the Jodie Foster directed one). For me:

Spoiler!
Black Mirror works best when looking at a reality just around the corner. I thought Arkangel was amazing because that reality is terrifying, and imaginable. I loved the way it mixed technology with otherwise unremarkable lives. I thought USS Callister was a good story but it fell down a bit because the idea of the duplicate people being autonomously sentient within the game seemed daft. Also the wormhole ending and the status on the other side didn’t make any sense.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:26 pm

McMafia on the beeb last night, watched it because there was fuck all else on, very good, second episode tonight.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Dale White wrote:McMafia on the beeb last night, watched it because there was fuck all else on, very good, second episode tonight.

You should read the book...
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:32 pm

Dale White wrote:McMafia on the beeb last night, watched it because there was fuck all else on, very good, second episode tonight.

Yeah, liked it too. Haven't read the book either, but may well do now.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:37 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

I think that Norton bloke will get Bond next time around.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:16 pm

dirty leeds wrote:

It's terrifying.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

It's terrifying.

Excellent! The three big Russian heavies in the first episode looked impressively nasty, I thought.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Dale White wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

I think that Norton bloke will get Bond next time around.

Yeah, Mrs DL said the same.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Killing somebody 4 times in the same attack is a bit ott even for the ruskies, :lol:
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Dale White wrote:Killing somebody 4 times in the same attack is a bit ott even for the ruskies, :lol:

Worst case of suicide I've ever seen, your honour.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 pm

I’m aware that it’s been around for a while, but I’ve just experienced Naked Attraction.

Dear God...

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 am

Thought the first episode of the new Inside No. 9 series was pretty underwhelming. Didn't like the rhyming idea at all and the [Shakespeare-derived] story was a pile of crap. Bellboy couldn't act, either, even to comedy-drama levels.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:36 am

dirty leeds wrote:Thought the first episode of the new Inside No. 9 series was pretty underwhelming. Didn't like the rhyming idea at all and the [Shakespeare-derived] story was a pile of crap. Bellboy couldn't act, either, even to comedy-drama levels.

Not the best episode, a bit light hearted for me but reasonably enjoyed it.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I’m aware that it’s been around for a while, but I’ve just experienced Naked Attraction.

Dear God...

yeah, i'm not a skyscraper-sized fan. seen a few episodes but it's eminently missable.

difficult for them to resist the temptation just to go for shock/freakshow value. in one memorable [to me] episode in particular, it seemed that almost none of the pickees were offering the same thing at all, i think they start off with say 'six' possibles, in the lineup [the picker had declared herself not quite sure about her preferences] i think they had say one regular-looking man, one regular-looking woman, one former woman who was well on the way to becoming a man, one former man who was well on the way to becoming a woman, & then a couple of, i forget exactly but it seems likely enough that they were both kind of 'intermediate cases'. i wasn't at all sure what Lord Reith would have made of it all.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Anyone else see the ITV doc about Panini/football stickers over Christmas? Well worth a look despite Giggs and some less than stellar supposed fans. Tons of stuff I didn’t know in it. The four guys who broke away from Panini post-Maxwell’s takeover to form Merlin had some balls between ‘em.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:51 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I’m aware that it’s been around for a while, but I’ve just experienced Naked Attraction.

Dear God...
Dreadful show, women at the unit watch it so I gave an episode a go, lasted 5 mins.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

FER

Postby FER » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Anyone else see the ITV doc about Panini/football stickers over Christmas? Well worth a look despite Giggs and some less than stellar supposed fans. Tons of stuff I didn’t know in it. The four guys who broke away from Panini post-Maxwell’s takeover to form Merlin had some balls between ‘em.

Yep, I watched that. Totally agree, well worth a look-see.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Mrs DL wanted to watch Feud, the Bette Davis/Joan Crawford thing starring Susan Sarandon/Jessica Lange. Have to say, I'm loving it. Six out of eight episodes down and the writing, acting and attention to period detail is great. Judy Davis as Hedda Hopper, Stanley Tucci [Jack Warner], Alfred Molina [Robert Aldrich] and Jackie Hoffman [Mamacita, Crawford's maid] are all superb.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Interesting background piece by Misha Glenny, who wrote the book behind McMafia: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt ... o_poaching

Return to “The Square Ball”