O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
FredFlintstone

Re: O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby FredFlintstone » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:44 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Just watching Red Dwarf, the Polymorph episode. Fucking love it :lol:

No, not him.... Dwayne Dibley!!! :lol:

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Peaky Blinders back tonight!
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:04 am

Ponte wrote:Peaky Blinders back tonight!

Brilliant start.
Andymac

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 am

Andymac-47 wrote:
Ponte wrote:Peaky Blinders back tonight!

Brilliant start.

Indeed, top drawer series opener.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Finally getting round to watching Stranger Things from the start, at the rate of two episodes a night. 12-year-old wanted to watch it, so we are. Liking so far.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:43 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Finally getting round to watching Stranger Things from the start, at the rate of two episodes a night. 12-year-old wanted to watch it, so we are. Liking so far.

Im up to episode 4 of series 2, love it.
Hmmm.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Talking of catching up, this summer I've done all of GOT, then The Wire and now slogging through The Walking Dead - which is hard work following on from the first two.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 pm

last night's peaky blinders made me realise i'd missed all of season 3, so there's something to catch up on. :D

the detectorists, possibly the total antithesis of peaky blinders, is into series 3 straight after peaky blinders on bbc4. only disappointment is that aimee ffion edwards seems to have opted to be in the new peaky blinders instead of the new detectorists. i preferred it when she did both.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am

Tycipa wrote:Talking of catching up, this summer I've done all of GOT, then The Wire and now slogging through The Walking Dead - which is hard work following on from the first two.

It improves IMO, I am now on season 7 so nearly completely up to date as season 8 is on my sky box
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 am

The Sinner.
Police procedural with a psychological bent.
Very entertaining. Not top 10, but it keeps the attention to the end. Decent writing, good pace and no brick-through-the-window dialogue.

Very good performances by Biel and Pullman in the lead roles, supporting cast do their job well.
Soundtrack muted, which always helps.
Timeline jumps around a lot, but never gets confusing.
Ending a tad cheesy.

If you fancy summat you can watch with the missus, it's a cracker.

Solid 7.5, maybe 8.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:12 am

Treme. I watched the first couple if episodes and sought advise, I was told to stick with it by a wise man. Glad I did, great show.
Andymac

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:15 pm

SimonB wrote:
Tycipa wrote:Talking of catching up, this summer I've done all of GOT, then The Wire and now slogging through The Walking Dead - which is hard work following on from the first two.

It improves IMO, I am now on season 7 so nearly completely up to date as season 8 is on my sky box

I’ve given up. The unrelenting bleakness of it all is too much to binge on. Guess it might be better in small weekly doses but 2/3 hours at a time is too much.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Tycipa wrote:
SimonB wrote:

I’ve given up. The unrelenting bleakness of it all is too much to binge on. Guess it might be better in small weekly doses but 2/3 hours at a time is too much.

It is very bleak but with occasional gore fests. I love it, although the middle series are a bit slow going.
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:01 pm

SimonB wrote:
It is very bleak but with occasional gore fests. I love it, although the middle series are a bit slow going.

Series 4 episode 3 is where I ran out of juice or was it that I stayed with it until that milf Andrea got here comeuppance?

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Tycipa wrote:
SimonB wrote:

Series 4 episode 3 is where I ran out of juice or was it that I stayed with it until that milf Andrea got here comeuppance?

I would recommend sticking with it as series 6 is excellent and series 7 is shaping up pretty well

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:45 pm

SimonB wrote:
Tycipa wrote:
SimonB wrote:

I would recommend sticking with it as series 6 is excellent and series 7 is shaping up pretty well

Sold, but I might have to leaven it with some pap like Cold Feet! :mrgreen:

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Logged onto my Now Tv account yesterday. Offered the entertainment pack and movies pack for the whole year for £99.
Can’t argue with a deal like that!

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:00 am

AndyPaul wrote:Logged onto my Now Tv account yesterday. Offered the entertainment pack and movies pack for the whole year for £99.

Mr Reality could....... :bounce:
Andymac

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am

Andymac-47 wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Logged onto my Now Tv account yesterday. Offered the entertainment pack and movies pack for the whole year for £99.

Mr Reality could....... :bounce:

Something about missing the chance back in January to get the entertainment, movies and sports packs altogether for £125...

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:18 pm

All ten seasons of Columbo on Amazon for just £20 today. Thirty-five DVDs.

I dunno if I ever discussed watching all 69 episodes of Columbo in the space of a couple of months a few years ago but doing so only reiterated that it was one of the best shows ever made and that Peter Falk was incredible.

Return to “The Square Ball”