O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Man Called Sun

O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby Man Called Sun » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Having seen a couple of references this evening to the X-Abomination etc, I thought it best that we have a whiole thread to vent our spleen about such shite that everyone seems to be forced to sit through.

Case in point, as we speak my mrs is on the phone to her mother while simultaneously watching Downton Abbey. Fucking absolute bollocks, ridden with period inaccuracies that the historian in me can't ignore.

And this comes hot on the coat tails of Strictly Come Fucking About In Stupid Costumes.

:joker2:
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

OWETB

Re: O/T Shit telly programs that girls like

Postby OWETB » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:29 pm

You let your misses have a say when choosing what you watch?

Freak, give her a really good boot in the cunt if she starts having ideas above her domestic duties.

Heathrow White

Postby Heathrow White » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:44 pm

If my missus has some old crap on the TV I just walk out and doing something I want or watch my choice of programme on my TV!

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm

I had this problem a while back. The Boss thought it would be "a nice bonding experience" if we watched a bit of telly together a couple of nights a week. Fair enough, but I drew the line at reality TV, she agreed and insisted on no footie or sport of any kind, a drama or film would be perfect.
Deal!
You choose one, I'll choose one.
She chose the usual, Jane Austen, Bridget Jones ....
I chose The Wire and The Sopranos. She lasted a week.
I am holding Game of Thrones as my ace in the hole in case she wants to try again.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Comes down to compromise, I guess.

We have a standing agreement that the TV is not to be tuned to Come Dine With Me whilst I'm in the same postcode, and not Deal Or No Deal whilst I'm on the same fucking planet.

Other shit I just have to let ride.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:
the historian in me can't ignore.

hot -tail, Come Fucking .

:joker2:

Why is there a historian in you, and why are you resorting to gay sex just because she's ignoring you? Id call that a win..( er the her ignoring you bit I mean) :scratch:

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:27 am

X Factor
Keeping up with the Kardashians
Katie and Peter
Teen Mom
16 and pregnant
etc etc

Fucking diabolical shit. I would add the soaps to that but I can generally put up with them (Emmerdale is actually a guilty pleasure of mine). In fact, the mrs gets a lot more telly time than I do. And she has the nerve to complain when I want to have a quick blast on the PS3 or watch footy on Sunday afternoon!
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:44 am

B@stard wrote:You let your misses have a say when choosing what you watch?

I should contextualise this in that I'd spent the whole day playing Zelda while she was up the chimney with a hand brush. I thought I should give her a break.

oheddieeddie wrote:Why is there a historian in you, and why are you resorting to gay sex just because she's ignoring you? Id call that a win..( er the her ignoring you bit I mean) :scratch:

I shouldn't have let that one slip out shouldn't I?

We have got common ground in South Park and QI though, thank Christ.

alienbumnote

Postby alienbumnote » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 am

not that bothered what she watches. With the invention of Sky+ u can both get your fair share of TV time. Despite this weekend lack of footy I still got a decent weekends viewing in:

England footy
F1
Idiot Abroad
Rugby WC
Rugby GF
Golf

and r lass watched her shitty factor, dancing and big brother bollcoks in between at which time i generally just go on the internet (Sky GO) for a bit more golf or whatever footy is on, quite like the bundesliga or MLS on ESPN and La Liga on SS Saturday/Sunday Nights.

Sky TV is fucking brilliant!
:thumbl: LUFC RULES OK! :thumbl:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 am

MightyWhite wrote:X Factor
Katie and Peter
Teen Mom
16 and pregnant
etc etc

Fucking diabolical shit.

Know what you're saying, but I accidentally happened across Made In Chelsea t'other week. Stuff like that is such a surreal freak show it becomes almost mesmeric. It's sort of like a real-life Hieronymus Bosch.

Anyhow, not having Sky or Freeview I take some comfort in the fact I've not even heard of three of your list. What are Kardashians?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:X Factor
Katie and Peter
Teen Mom
16 and pregnant
etc etc

Fucking diabolical shit.

Know what you're saying, but I accidentally happened across Made In Chelsea t'other week. Stuff like that is such a surreal freak show it becomes almost mesmeric. It's sort of like a real-life Hieronymus Bosch.

Anyhow, not having Sky or Freeview I take some comfort in the fact I've not even heard of three of your list. What are Kardashians?

Well...how to decribe it? It's basically a reality show about a family of wealthy hispanic looking women and their mother, going around doing modelling shoots and generally living their celebrity life. Like an American version of Katie and Peter, if you know what I mean? Famous for being famous and that.

I believe daddy Kardashian was one of OJ Simpsons legal team back in the day, but he's dead now, so randomly the mother is now shacked up with former olympic athlete Bruce Jenner.

That really is pretty much it.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:59 am

On the flipside of the shit telly spectrum, anybody watch Pointless on BBC1 (weekdays 5.15pm)? Bloody good that is.
Keep Fighting

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:00 am

MightyWhite wrote:Well...how to decribe it? It's basically a reality show about a family of wealthy hispanic looking women and their mother, going around doing modelling shoots and generally living their celebrity life. Like an American version of Katie and Peter, if you know what I mean? Famous for being famous and that.

I believe daddy Kardashian was one of OJ Simpsons legal team back in the day, but he's dead now, so randomly the mother is now shacked up with former olympic athlete Bruce Jenner.

That sounds fucking ludicrous.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 am

MightyWhite wrote:On the flipside of the shit telly spectrum, anybody watch Pointless on BBC1 (weekdays 5.15pm)? Bloody good that is.

Its a bloody brilliant programme. Although the guy who reels of the list of things that were pointless in a cretin.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

FER

Postby FER » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am

MightyWhite wrote:On the flipside of the shit telly spectrum, anybody watch Pointless on BBC1 (weekdays 5.15pm)? Bloody good that is.

Yep. Top show is that, and the banter between the presenter (forget his name) and the statto cunt (forget his name too) is TV gold! Think it's repeating on Challenge too.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:07 am

Man Called Sun wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Well...how to decribe it? It's basically a reality show about a family of wealthy hispanic looking women and their mother, going around doing modelling shoots and generally living their celebrity life. Like an American version of Katie and Peter, if you know what I mean? Famous for being famous and that.

That sounds fucking ludicrous.

No, ludicrous would be entertaining. It's just very :|
Keep Fighting

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

FER wrote:

Yep. Top show is that, and the banter between the presenter (forget his name) and the statto cunt (forget his name too) is TV gold! Think it's repeating on Challenge too.

Yeah Alexander Armstrong is very good, think the other guy is Richard something?
Keep Fighting

See you next Tuesday

Postby See you next Tuesday » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 pm

eric olthwaite wrote: Deal Or No Deal

is there a better quiz show to watch at 16x speed than this?
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up because that cunt's a cunt"

Jovo Simanic

Postby Jovo Simanic » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:00 pm

I've ceded control of the telly and just watch everything I want to online in my cave. Saves having to make conversation.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Jovo Simanic wrote:in my cave.

I need one of them. As it is I'm not even allowed a dart board in the kitchen :x
Keep Fighting

Return to “The Square Ball”