football bets

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: football bets

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Aren't they just. Not so sure we won't be comfortable, are they.

See my edit above, looks like some at the club are enjoying their public figure status a little too much.

They need to stay in the background like others do and pipe down.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:04 pm

I've just put two quid on us to win the league - 200/1 with Betvictor.
We're expected to finish around 7th place with those odds.
The Bookies also expect us to finish above the likes of Newcastle and Everton.

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/ ... 920110/all

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:26 pm

I've bet 20 quid every season for 8 years except the one we've just won, you can keep your 4 grand.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 pm

metalsmurf wrote:I've bet 20 quid every season for 8 years except the one we've just won, you can keep your 4 grand.

Thousands of Leicester fans thought the same by poo pooing their chances and never bet them.

If we can sign just 3 or 4 of the names we're linked with we could go close.
I had a fiver on us when we won it in 1991 at 16/1....The beers I bought out of the winnings tasted so much nicer than normal.

Go on, stick a couple of quid on - you know you want to :thumbl:

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Leicester were something like 5,000-1 to win the Prem when they did it. There were no end of stories of folk putting their silly fivers on and scooping mortgage clearing money.

Our 200/1 is a bit shitty in comparison. Doesn’t quite make the almost certain squandering of real money as attractive
Keep Fighting

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:56 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Leicester were something like 5,000-1 to win the Prem when they did it. There were no end of stories of folk putting their silly fivers on and scooping mortgage clearing money.

Our 200/1 is a bit shitty in comparison. Doesn’t quite make the almost certain squandering of real money as attractive

Aye, and quite a few Leicester fans cashed in early instead of riding it out.

I like the fact we're ahead of Newcastle, Everton & Sheff Utd in the betting - maybe the bookies are hearing a few whispers of good things coming to us.

It'll have nothing to do with cash bets by Leeds fans, those other fans like a bet just as much.
Like I said, I've put two quid on, can't buy a pint for that.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:16 pm

welshwhite wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:I've bet 20 quid every season for 8 years except the one we've just won, you can keep your 4 grand.

Thousands of Leicester fans thought the same by poo pooing their chances and never bet them.

If we can sign just 3 or 4 of the names we're linked with we could go close.
I had a fiver on us when we won it in 1991 at 16/1....The beers I bought out of the winnings tasted so much nicer than normal.

Go on, stick a couple of quid on - you know you want to :thumbl:

I absolutely want to, but as the mrs has pointed out I've already ruined several young golfers careers so far....
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:38 pm

£5 invested unwisely from me.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:52 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Leicester were something like 5,000-1 to win the Prem when they did it. There were no end of stories of folk putting their silly fivers on and scooping mortgage clearing money.

Indeed. 200/1 is absolutely piss poor. At least Leicester were actually in the division (OK, just) the previous season.

Promo to Champions in one hit has to be minimum 10,000-1. Not that bookies would ever go that far.
Member of a clique

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:24 pm

I just can't get my head around Man City 1/1 favourites. Liverpool 7/4.

Liverpool won the league at a canter and probably eased up towards the end, why do the bookies think Man City can reverse that form this coming season?

As an aside - Fuck Liverpool. The only one on here that I know that likes them is Kennyb (Never stops talking about the cunts)

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:34 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:

Indeed. 200/1 is absolutely piss poor. At least Leicester were actually in the division (OK, just) the previous season.

Promo to Champions in one hit has to be minimum 10,000-1. Not that bookies would ever go that far.

200/1 is not that much of a piss poor price. We finished 4th the first season Wilko took us up.
Lets not forget people also bet E/W.

(Won it the season after).

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

28 years and the invention of the Premiership says otherwise.
Member of a clique

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:03 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:28 years and the invention of the Premiership says otherwise.

You are right, just checked and can't see the option of E/W.

Top 4 with Hills is 33/1 though, gonna see our first couple of signings first and then maybe have a small flutter at that.

Return to “The Square Ball”