football bets

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: football bets

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:
topbin wrote:With the dreaded 'Virus' striking down two more first team players today, as well as us expecting to rest players anyway, you can get a whopping 3-1 on a Birmingham win tomorrow with betfair. I've got my £5 on it, anyway.

On one of the football chat sites I frequent there were a couple of Brum fans saying that evens on Leeds is pretty much printing money. Apparently they're shit and only have 15 available players - leading to them having to give squad numbers to Under 16s players...

Make of that what you will!

Is Zigic fit?

Suspended.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:47 am

this week's £2 is going to turn into £438 by way of...
wigan v SUNDERLAND win
swansea v stoke being a draw
newcastle v reading being a draw
blackpool v CARDIFF win
PALACE win v bolton
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:35 am

Quiffy wrote:this week's £2 is going to turn into £438 by way of...
wigan v SUNDERLAND win
blackpool v CARDIFF win
PALACE win v bolton

Hmmmm, looks worth a punt but you can never be sure how Wigan are going to play. They seem to play great or shit with no inbetween.

Think I'm going to have a cheeky bet on PaddyPower for this afternoon, decisions, decisions....

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 am

AndyPaul wrote:
Quiffy wrote:this week's £2 is going to turn into £438 by way of...
wigan v SUNDERLAND win
blackpool v CARDIFF win
PALACE win v bolton

Hmmmm, looks worth a punt but you can never be sure how Wigan are going to play. They seem to play great or shit with no inbetween.

Think I'm going to have a cheeky bet on PaddyPower for this afternoon, decisions, decisions....

yeah, i don't like betting against wigan. they're sort of my favourite premiership team, but they seem to perform better against the footballing teams and when they're desperate for points. sunderland, being more direct and in a bit of form have a decent chance i reckon and at 5/2 seem good value.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 am

five results? they are the bets bookies dream about, just do a double and win small amounts, there is no better feeling than picking up a winning bet on mondays no matter how small.

good luck with it.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:02 pm

welshwhite wrote:five results? they are the bets bookies dream about, just do a double and win small amounts, there is no better feeling than picking up a winning bet on mondays no matter how small.

It more about making the afternoon a bit more interesting than just looking out for Leeds (Which we all know usually doesn't go well)

I've put £1 and will get £15 back if the following results come through

Man City to beat Fulham
Swansea to beat Stoke
Ipswich to beat Barnsley
Coventry to beat Oldham
Swindon to beat Shrewsbury

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 pm

welshwhite wrote:five results? they are the bets bookies dream about, just do a double and win small amounts, there is no better feeling than picking up a winning bet on mondays no matter how small.

good luck with it.

i once pulled in a seven fold, but it had teams like celtic and rangers etc on it. i hate sensible betting - there's no fun in it. I'm with AP - it's about adding a bit of interest to the afternoon.#

....and if i did do it i wouldn't shut up about it.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 pm

AndyPaul wrote:

It more about making the afternoon a bit more interesting than just looking out for Leeds (Which we all know usually doesn't go well)

Aye. I will have a few accas - usually 7 selections plus - on a Saturday to watch with Jeff. Maybe only get 2 or 3 up a year but I don't mind spending £7 or £8 for an entertaining afternoon.

Tend to do my regular winning, for what it's worth, on NFL and European games.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 pm

leeds
cardiff
£10 double

swansea
ipswich
£5 double

watford
hull
£5 double

swansea
ipswich
watford
hull
£5 acc

25 quid for billy hill the cunt :puker:

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:57 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
welshwhite wrote:five results? they are the bets bookies dream about, just do a double and win small amounts, there is no etter feeling thtvan picking up a winning bet on mondays no matter how small.

Man City to beat Fulham
Swansea to beat Stoke
Ipswich to beat Barnsley
Coventry to beat Oldham

oooh unlucky. fucking danny rose.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Quiffy wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:
welshwhite wrote:five results? they are the bets bookies dream about, just do a double and win small amounts, there is no etter feeling thtvan picking up a winning bet on mondays no matter how small.

Man City to beat Fulham
Swansea to beat Stoke
Ipswich to beat Barnsley
Coventry to beat Oldham

oooh unlucky. fucking danny rose.

Bloody Oldham equalised so thought I had lost it then Coventry went straight up the other end and scored in injury time, money, money. Then bang - bloody Barnsley.

:roll:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 pm

the four in my fiver doubles and acc were all winning with eleven minutes left.

cuuuunt.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 pm

at least i got the dubious sunderland wigan one correct.

stoke just aren' t what they used to be.

and i' m happy reading did newcastle. i can see them going down, just not sure who with.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:24 pm

the leeds and cardiff tenner double gave me a profit of £26-33p on the day. 5/6 and 9/5.

little wins and money to have another bet, i hate giving the bookie a penny if i can avoid it.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Let down for a 40/1 8 fold by South Africa today. Bad enough but I didn't actually mean to put them in the bet, wrote 3 accas out last night but held back till this morning to put them on cos of the weather. Had SA in my 50p no hoper bet but, for some reason, I put them in one of my fancied bets :cry:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Prompted by Welshwhite's earlier posts I got to thinking about the markets and opened an account with paddy power.

I put a monkey on a round robin.

What a donkey.

:pig:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Ontolly wrote:Prompted by Welshwhite's earlier posts I got to thinking about the markets and opened an account with paddy power.

I put a monkey on a round robin.

What a donkey.

:pig:

did you bet on the dogs or horses?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 pm

I once had a pony on a dog at Catford.
Keep Fighting

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 am

todays bet....

chel v arse
£5 to draw 23/10

totts v scum
£5 to draw 9/4

plus a £5 draw double.

one draw will cover my stake plus it gives a bit of interest in watching the games.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm

welshwhite wrote:todays bet....

chel v arse
£5 to draw 23/10

totts v scum
£5 to draw 9/4

plus a £5 draw double.

one draw will cover my stake plus it gives a bit of interest in watching the games.

Seems to me your bets been saved by the cockrels, bluebirds and peacocks this weekend. :fish:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Return to “The Square Ball”