football bets

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Andymac-47
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: football bets

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Got 25/1 on Billy Hills


Me too!
Andymac

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: football bets

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 pm

It's 33/1 on bet365. Worth an E/W, surely?

User avatar
Supernorm
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:36 am
Location: NI

Re: football bets

Postby Supernorm » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:29 am

That's another tenner donated to the bookies retirement fund :thumbd:
Gripper wrote: "I did a Shaolin Qi-Gong taster sesh a few weeks back. Dead good it was" :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: football bets

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:30 am

Supernorm wrote:That's another tenner donated to the bookies retirement fund :thumbd:



Yeah, me too.

User avatar
FER
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:44 am
Location: Hanging Out The Back Of Winona Ryder

Re: football bets

Postby FER » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:09 pm

What was the result?
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: football bets

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:44 pm

FER wrote:What was the result?



It came in about 12th, I think.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: football bets

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:03 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
FER wrote:What was the result?



It came in about 12th, I think.

Bit early for season predictions, innit?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: football bets

Postby Quiffy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:55 pm

today's good news has meant my annual waste of money has been tippled today. £10 e/w but only 16/1 at willhill.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: football bets

Postby Quiffy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:28 pm

leeds still 16/1 for the league in spite of the promising start. last time i looked wolves were clear favourites at 3/1. :shock:

for the forest game today i've gone for;
a draw at half time, leeds at full time @6/1
forest half time, leeds full time @28/1

and a 5 fold accumulator in which the odds have to be longer than evens, which is a self imposed rule to ensure i don't win..
watford to beat brighton @evens
west ham to beat newcastle @ 21/10
hudds to beat soton @13/5
ipswich and fulham to draw @ 13/5
burton to beat sheff weds @11/4

bringing in an unlikely 301/1 :fish:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
portadown white
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: football bets

Postby portadown white » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:35 am

Quiffy wrote:leeds still 16/1 for the league in spite of the promising start. last time i looked wolves were clear favourites at 3/1. :shock:

for the forest game today i've gone for;
a draw at half time, leeds at full time @6/1
forest half time, leeds full time @28/1

and a 5 fold accumulator in which the odds have to be longer than evens, which is a self imposed rule to ensure i don't win..
watford to beat brighton @evens
west ham to beat newcastle @ 21/10
hudds to beat soton @13/5
ipswich and fulham to draw @ 13/5
burton to beat sheff weds @11/4

bringing in an unlikely 301/1 :fish:


Managing to get all 5 results of the accumulator wrong was some achievement! And of course the two Leeds predictions. Bookies must love you.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: football bets

Postby Quiffy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:05 am

portadown white wrote:
Managing to get all 5 results of the accumulator wrong was some achievement! And of course the two Leeds predictions. Bookies must love you.


i've a real knack for it. :lol:

the bookies would love me more if i wasn't such a tight wad.

i need some inspiration for the arse liverpool match later.... a quick look at the form suggest a scouse win and both teams to score @23/10. so now you know what not to bet on.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

football bets

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:20 am

I'd take Liverpool all day to win that one I think. Goals always seem to be a bit of guarantee in those games too

User avatar
Rambo the randy pig
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 am
Location: Makin bacon

Re: football bets

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:21 am

Quiffy wrote:
portadown white wrote:
Managing to get all 5 results of the accumulator wrong was some achievement! And of course the two Leeds predictions. Bookies must love you.


i've a real knack for it. :lol:

the bookies would love me more if i wasn't such a tight wad.

i need some inspiration for the arse liverpool match later.... a quick look at the form suggest a scouse win and both teams to score @23/10. so now you know what not to bet on.


Over 3.5 would be my choice.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: football bets

Postby welshwhite » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:27 am

Four premiership games today, I've had a small bet on all eight teams to score.

User avatar
Ontolly
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury

Re: football bets

Postby Ontolly » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:21 pm

welshwhite wrote:Four premiership games today, I've had a small bet on all eight teams to score.


Hope it was very small :silent:

I had a nice earner off the bookies yesterday - even though Wolves let me down on the accumulator I still made £80 profit with the Leeds doubles :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: football bets

Postby welshwhite » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:08 pm

We're now half the odds that we started the season with, 8/1 from 16/1. The bookies are expecing us to finish 5th.

We're 10/1 with Bet365

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb ... right.html

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: football bets

Postby Ponte » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm

welshwhite wrote:We're now half the odds that we started the season with, 8/1 from 16/1. The bookies are expecing us to finish 5th.

We're 10/1 with Bet365

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb ... right.html

I backed us at 10 on skybet last week :thumbl:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: football bets

Postby welshwhite » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Ponte wrote:
welshwhite wrote:We're now half the odds that we started the season with, 8/1 from 16/1. The bookies are expecing us to finish 5th.

We're 10/1 with Bet365

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb ... right.html

I backed us at 10 on skybet last week :thumbl:


:thumbl: Had to be done I suppose, just gave Bet Victor a fiver myself. Also 10/1.

User avatar
Ontolly
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury

Re: football bets

Postby Ontolly » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Ever the optimist me - I'm waiting until after we under perform at our next two home games before putting a wedge on better odds than 10/1 :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: football bets

Postby welshwhite » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Ontolly wrote:Ever the optimist me - I'm waiting until after we under perform at our next two home games before putting a wedge on better odds than 10/1 :thumbl:


On the other side of the coin, if we win our two next games our odds will shorten, I will be putting some more money on us if they do...its all very open this year. I can see us going for it big time in the January transfer window if we're up there with a chance.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests