football bets

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
The Tin Man

Re: football bets

Postby The Tin Man » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Just reactivated my Betvictor account because - Kemar Roofe ( our very own Thierry Henry ) is an astonishing 33/1 to be championship top scorer. Have just bet £15 each way. EW 1/4 1,2,3,4 :shock: Possible returns £648.75. and £108.75 if my maths is correct which it probably isn't.
For every step,the footprint was already there.

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Roofe you beauty . :D He's not 33/1 now :lol:
For every step,the footprint was already there.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Just seen 12/1 for at least one goal in every leeds match this season on #yourodds (future) section of the willhill site. Worth a couple of quid I thought.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:00 pm

..and the stupid optimist in me has just stuck £3 on us to win the premiership next season at 250/1 and £3 on a top 3 finish at 50/1. Both odds seem a bit mean. Obviously bielsa's got the bookies sweating.

And i'm actually sober. :lol:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Quiffy wrote:..and the stupid optimist in me has just stuck £3 on us to win the premiership next season at 250/1 and £3 on a top 3 finish at 50/1. Both odds seem a bit mean. Obviously bielsa's got the bookies sweating.

250/1???? they saw you coming, m8. e.g. you can get 1000/1 on watford winning this year's and: (a) they're dead certs to be competing in it; (b) they so far have 9pts from 3 games.

your top 3 odds are arguably even more wtf. you can get 23/5 on arsenal doing the same this season.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:48 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Quiffy wrote:..and the stupid optimist in me has just stuck £3 on us to win the premiership next season at 250/1 and £3 on a top 3 finish at 50/1. Both odds seem a bit mean. Obviously bielsa's got the bookies sweating.

250/1???? they saw you coming, m8. e.g. you can get 1000/1 on watford winning this year's and: (a) they're dead certs to be competing in it; (b) they so far have 9pts from 3 games.

your top 3 odds are arguably even more wtf. you can get 23/5 on arsenal doing the same this season.

Yeah cant disagree, but there's something about betting on leeds that feels like cosmic support for the team. Its a statement of faith rather than a logical decision.

On one level its stupid, on another it feels good. I'm happier in the less logical realm.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Quiffy wrote:Just seen 12/1 for at least one goal in every leeds match this season on #yourodds (future) section of the willhill site. Worth a couple of quid I thought.

fucking genius.

topbin

Postby topbin » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:25 pm

Quiffy wrote:
Quiffy wrote:Just seen 12/1 for at least one goal in every leeds match this season on #yourodds (future) section of the willhill site. Worth a couple of quid I thought.

fucking genius.

:cheers:

Had a few quid on ayala getting a card tonight, because he’s a dickhead. So thanks for being a dickhead Ayala.

Return to “The Square Ball”