O/T Earworms

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Man Called Sun

Re: O/T Earworms

Postby Man Called Sun » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:57 pm

Tune.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:14 pm

dirty leeds wrote:This fucking thing has been bothering me all week:

Blessed. Enjoy.

EDIT: money where my mouth is, listening to it now. Timely reminders FTW!
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Bought a weird Erol Alkan mixtape / compilation CD type thing recently with all sorts of old bollocks on it. The one that's not leaving me alone ATM is the grubby Britt Ekland song from Wicker Man:

Can't think why :cyclops:
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:08 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:40 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Bought a weird Erol Alkan mixtape / compilation CD type thing recently with all sorts of old bollocks on it. The one that's not leaving me alone ATM is the grubby Britt Ekland song from Wicker Man:

yeah, neither the speaking/singing voice [she apparently couldn't do a scots accent] nor in that scene arse [modesty required a body double] are britt's but, still, :shake1:

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri May 08, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm not kidding, this has been going around my head for a full seven days now and its getting worse to the point where I almost have to stop myself stridently, and insistently blurting out the various anthemic bits whilst doing everyday tasks or talking to people about mundane things.

How long now, how long now!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat May 09, 2015 8:48 am

I really wish this would leave me alone now.

HM Collector Of Parcels

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:45 pm

This festival we went to at the weekend had the usual bunch of DJ tents. Weird how sometimes a thing starts up where an old tune pops up on all sorts of different folks playlists at the same time. Anyway, this was one such that I've had going round in my head since. Not complaining tho' :dj:

HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:30 pm

I'm not a classical music buff, know fuck all about fuck all, but then along comes this German dude...

Those rising and falling scales, in my head for days. Man's a genius, if only he'd met SA&W. :thumbl:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:41 pm

This one jumped me completely out of nowhere

HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:43 am

For reasons best known to my shitty brain, this has been rolling for over a day now. When my shitbrain made it to the strings I was almost grateful. Passing now. Fucking stoopid brain.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:47 am

Just read Pattie Boyds autobiography and stupidly selected to listen to some Eric Clapton. Technically sound anodyne lift music, made a career and pots of money. You know the fella.
Can't stop singing Lay Down Sally.
Cunt.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Tycipa wrote:Just read Pattie Boyds autobiography

Any good?

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:
Tycipa wrote:Just read Pattie Boyds autobiography

Any good?

Not really, more Daily Mail than Guardian iykwim. There are no musical nuggets. Reminds you that musicians can be a set of cunts to live with and also the amount of drugs and alcohol that they did in the early seventies. If anything it's a pleasant and easy read if you're in that mood. Marrianne Faithfuls autobiography is frighteningly revealing and insightful by comparison.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Ah ok. I'm not bothered about the scandalous stuff really, just the musical nuggets.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Tycipa wrote:Reminds you that musicians can be a set of cunts to live with

I dunno if I already mentioned this but when I was at uni a Welsh punk band that was literally called Set of Cunts stayed at our house after a gig and in the morning we realised they'd done all the washing up and cleaned the kitchen before leaving. Oddly disappointing.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:25 am

Bowie is a fucking genius, and just because he's dead doesn't mean he's letting go, I think of him far more now than I ever did when he was here. This will not leave me alone, and for onceI don't care. This is art, it's impenetrable, annoying, but ultimately when it yield its beautiful and rewarding like free form jazz. Love it. You tube won't allow copying of the official video but the song is here at least. Pretty sure you've heard it anyway

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:48 am

Does BFSE use the same stylist?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Reading this novel ATM called The Radetsky March by Joseph Roth (good, BTW, new translation & I'd recommend it). It's a family saga set in the dog days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and the title refers to the imperial march of the Austro- bit: it's kind of a metaphor for a type of inevitable linear progression.

Anyway the name itself meant nowt to me so I Googled it. Knew it as soon as I heard it and now the cunt just will not leave me alone.

Fucking Austrians.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Munson

Postby Munson » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:10 am

Gah

Return to “The Square Ball”