O/T Earworms

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ontolly

Re: O/T Earworms

Postby Ontolly » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 pm

It's getting to that time of year when this cunt will be following me around day and night

The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Ontolly wrote:It's getting to that time of year when this cunt will be following me around day and night...

FUCKING FUCK THE FUCK OFF WITH THAT SHIT.

I cannot tell you how much I fucking hate that song, people lining up to fawn over a perpetually drunken tramp.

Maybe the Pogues are my Radiohead?

EDIT: Oh shit, looks like this year's gonna be even worse.

The Pogues' 'Fairytale Of New York' has been made the bookies favourite to bag this year's Christmas Number One Single.

This Christmas marks 25 years since the song, featuring the late singer Kirsty MacColl, was released and the band are celebrating the landmark with a special anniversary re-release.

Irish bookmakers Paddy Power has given odds of 25-1 for the song to be top of the Official UK Singles Chart come Christmas Day, making it their favourite. The track will be re-released on iTunes in a song, video and instrumental bundle on November 26 and as a limited-edition 7" vinyl on December 3.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Speaking of odds. What odds would you have got on McGowan outliving McColl by an ever growing distance
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:Maybe the Pogues are my Radiohead?

Saw the Pogues & Kirsty McColl perform that at Brixton Academy on New Year's Eve maybe the year after it came out. It was a good gig, as it goes.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Man Called Sun wrote:Maybe the Pogues are my Radiohead?

Saw the Pogues & Kirsty McColl perform that at Brixton Academy on New Year's Eve maybe the year after it came out. It was a good gig, as it goes.

Always is. One of the sax players they bring out for Fiesta etc. is a mate, the VIP bar is a fucking laugh :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Beer Pig

Postby Beer Pig » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 pm

I gave up beer, it was the worst 15 minutes of my life.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:43 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fuck all to do with earworms mind :cheers:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Since I learned that Taylor and Harry are never, ever getting back together I've had that fucking song going round in my head all bastard day :x
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:43 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Since I learned that Taylor and Harry are never, ever getting back together I've had that fucking song going round in my head all bastard day :x

I'm thrilled that I haven't a fucking clue what you're on about.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

CANNOT SHIFT THE BASTARD

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:11 pm

^ that reminds me of a modern, and i.m.o far less sexy, version of this.......
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:28 pm

It's a cover of an old outkast tune with lots of brass, just a bit quicker IIRC.

PROPER LODGED STILL...

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Blackwhite wrote:CANNOT SHIFT THE BASTARD

Hypnotic brass ensemble :salute: Seen these guys live a few times now and they are always brilliant.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 am

Current wall-rattler Chez Olthwaite

I think junior is trying to tell me something?
HM Collector Of Parcels

Disco Dan
Site Admin

O/T Earworms

Postby Disco Dan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Current wall-rattler Chez Olthwaite

That's on my current playlist at work. I've reached a point where what I'm doing makes little sense to me.

Tonight, for example, I'll be playing stuff like that in Sheffield until about 3.30-4ish on Sunday morning. Then I'll get in the car and listen to Radio 2 for the hour's drive home. Contrast.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Disco Dan wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Current wall-rattler Chez Olthwaite

That's on my current playlist at work. I've reached a point where what I'm doing makes little sense to me.

Tonight, for example, I'll be playing stuff like that in Sheffield until about 3.30-4ish on Sunday morning. Then I'll get in the car and listen to Radio 2 for the hour's drive home. Contrast.

I feel for you. Are you more like Smashie or Nicey?
HM Collector Of Parcels

Disco Dan
Site Admin

Postby Disco Dan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I feel for you. Are you more like Smashie or Nicey?

I'm a bastard hybrid of the two.

Incidentally, I'm sure this must be getting an airing at your house. I quite like it actually. It's catchy, it's quite humorous, and it takes the piss out of all the modern hip-hop bullshit about who's got the biggest car/gun/bling/gang of hos etc

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:35 am

Not sure how we got onto it but wound up spending a long time discussing the utter fucking brilliance of this album with some mates fully two weeks ago, and this bastard is still in my head.

Bloody class mind.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:42 am

Man Called Sun wrote:Not sure how we got onto it but wound up spending a long time discussing the utter fucking brilliance of this album with some mates fully two weeks ago, and this bastard is still in my head.

Bloody class mind.

Oh, I love that fucker; it's rarely off my most played list. Mate of mine works for the design agency what did the graphics and videos for that album. That's quite brilliant work, too. Love the track Exterminator most of all, I reckon.

I also have very fond memories, from a couple of summers ago, of being at some sort of eco-fair in a park in Brighton and getting extremely wound up by the idiot fluffiness of the cunts there. Got in the car, opened all the windows and cranked up 'Kill All Hippies' as I drove out past them. Richly satisfying.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:47 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Oh, I love that fucker; it's rarely off my most played list. Mate of mine works for the design agency what did the graphics and videos for that album. That's quite brilliant work, too. Love the track Exterminator most of all, I reckon.

Aye I love the artwork, the whole thing just summed up stuff that just wasn't being said at the time, and still isn't. ('EVERYONE'S A PROSTITUTE' etc). I saw them at Leeds festival that year and it was unbelievable, that slot on the main stage just when the sun's coming down.

Looking through that yootoob link though, all the comments just seemed to be spunking about the Football Factory. For fucks sake...

Return to “The Square Ball”